March 11, 2014
• Loyola and Towson will meet for the 41st time in program history on Tuesday.
• The only program the Greyhounds have faced more than Towson is James Madison, which Loyola played for the 42nd time this season.
• The Greyhounds and Tigers have played at least one time every year since 1977 with Loyola holding a 31-9 advantage in the series.
• From 1983-2007, Loyola won 25-straight games, but in the six meetings since 2008, the two squads have split the victories, with each winning their respective home games.
• This year, both programs are looking to snap losing streaks, as the Greyhounds have dropped four-straight, including three one-goal games. Towson has lost three-straight and are coming off an 8-7 overtime loss to Stanford on Friday.
• Towson will also be the fifth ranked opponent the Greyhounds have faced this season.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-4, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola, the preseason Patriot League favorite, is looking to snap a four-game losing skid.
• Senior Marlee Paton, the Patriot League Preseason Offensive Player of the Year, leads the Greyhounds with 19 points on 12 goals and seven assists.
• Juniors Hannah Schmitt and Taryn VanThof also have 12 goals, while classmate Annie Thomas has a team-high eight assists and is second on the squad with 16 points. Juniors Kara Burke and Molly Hulseman have both contributed 10 points.
• VanThof also leads the team with 23 draw controls and 15 ground balls, while Paton has a team-best eight caused turnovers.
• Sophomore Maddy Lesher joined Paton, Schmitt, Thomas and VanThof on on the All-Patriot League Team, while Paton and VanThof were also Preseason All-Americans.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has four double-digit save games in six outings this year, posting an 11.09 goals-against average and a .458 save percentage to go with 55 saves.
Towson Tigers (2-3, 0-0 CAA)
• The Tigers are led by Andi Raymond's 15 goals, nine assists and 24 points, while Ashleigh Rohrback has contributed 15 points on seven goals and eight assists.
• Kaitlin Sheridan and Breanna Hamm lead the defense with 14 and 12 ground balls, respectively, while Sheridan also has a team-best seven caused turnovers.
• Katie Leech has a team-high 11 draw controls.
• In goal, Kelsea Donnelly has posted a 9.36 goals-against average and has stopped 51 shots for a .520 save percentage.
• Loyola head coach Jen Adams and senior All-American Marlee Paton were members of the Australian National Team with Towson head coach Sonia LaMonica this past summer at the 2013 FIL World Cup in Oshawa, Canada.
• The Aussies earned a bronze medal at the competition.
• Loyola will begin conference play on Saturday when it heads to Lafayette.
• Opening draw is slated for 1 p.m.