Road Swing Ends For Women's Lacrosse At Delaware On Wednesday
March 11, 2013
|Opponent||Delaware Blue Hens|
|Date||Wednesday, March 13, 2013|
|Location||Newark, Delaware | Delaware Stadium|
|Getting There||Directions/Parking Map|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (2-3, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Junior Marlee Paton became the ninth Greyhound to reach 100 career goals and 50 career assists in a 16-7 loss at No. 2 Florida on Tuesday.
• Paton leads Loyola with 14 points this year on eight goals and a team-best six assists.
• Sophomores Taryn VanThof and Hannah Schmitt are second and third on the team in points with 12 and 11, respectively, while Schmitt has tallied a team-high 11 goals and VanThof leads the squad with 21 draw controls.
• Defensively, freshman Maddy Lesher has eight caused turnovers and Paton has 18 ground balls and seven caused turnovers.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf has played all 300 minutes, stopping 37 shots for a .389 save percentage and an 11.60 goals-against average.
Delaware Blue Hens (3-3, 0-0 CAA)
• Delaware is coming off a 7-4 loss to BIG EAST-foe Rutgers on Saturday.
• Ten Blue Hens have scored this year with three reaching double-digits in goals and four tallying double figures in points. Caitlin McCartney leads the team with 15 goals and 17 points, while Chelsea Fay has 14 goals and 15 points and Allison Hahn has 10 goals and a team-best five assists for 15 points. Abbie Hartman rounds out the double-figure attackers with 11 points on eight goals and three assists.
• Alison Karwoski and McCartney lead the defense with 10 ground balls each, while Angela Biciocchi has a team-best 15 caused turnovers.
• In goal, Alex Zaugra has started all six games and is allowing 9.18 goals-against average. She has stopped 39 shots for a .438 save percentage.
In the Polls
• The Greyhounds remained at No. 12 in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, and to ninth in the IWLCA Coaches Poll.
• Delaware is not ranked in either poll and is the first non-ranked foe for Loyola this year.
Series vs. Delaware
• The Greyhounds lead the all-time series with Delaware, 27-8.
• The two squads have met every year since 1980, except for 1982, with this being the 31st-consecutive year the teams have met.
• The last Loyola loss in the series was in 2007, but the Greyhounds have dominated the series recently, winning 17 of the last 18 meetings.
• Three Greyhounds have extended their point streaks by contributing to the scoring in each of Loyola’s five games this year.
• Junior Marlee Paton had a point in every game last year and has extended her point streak to 31-straight contests by notching a point in each game this season.
• Sophomore Sydney Thomas has also had a point in the last 24 games, while classmate Hannah Schmitt has tallied a goal or an assist in the last 14 contests for Loyola.
• Junior Marlee Paton dished out her 50th career assist vs. No. 17 Johns Hopkins (2/27) and scored her 100th career goal at No. 2 Florida (3/5) to become the ninth Greyhound in program history to reach both 100 career goals and 50 career asissts.
• She is also just the second player in program history to accomplish the feat in their junior season. Grace Gavin, the program’s all-time goals and points record holder, did so in 2010.Full rankings are on page 8.
• With her assist vs. the Gators, she became the 18th Greyhound with 150 points.
• Paton also ranks tied for eighth in the NCAA with 3.60 ground balls per game this season.
• The Greyhounds will return home after a three-game road swing for a contest vs. James Madison on Saturday, March 16.
• Opening draw is scheduled for 1 p.m.
Five 'Hounds Attend Women's Sports Foundation...
Five Loyola University Maryland student athletes - (above, L-R) Rebekah Rogerson, Maddy Blakeman,...
Over 600 Participants Take Part In 13th-Annual ...
A total of 640 participants from the Baltimore area and the Loyola University Maryland community ...
Lesher, Paton, Thomas, VanThof Make Patriot...
In two years since joining the Patriot League, the Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse...
Aikens And Burke Named To IWLCA/Zag Sports...
Shannon Aikens and Kara Burke have been named to the IWLCA/Zag Sports Academic Honor Roll, while ...
152 Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 152 student-athletes on their respective sports' Patriot League...
Schmitt, Thomas, VanThof To Play In IWLCA North...
Three Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse seniors - Hannah Schmitt, Annie Thomas and...
Geppi-Aikens Formally Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
There are no upcoming events.