No. 14 Princeton and No. 16 Women's Lax To Meet In First Game Of Lacrosse Doubleheader Saturday
|Opponent||No. 14 Princeton Tigers|
|Date||Saturday, March 10|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Loyola Greyhounds (2-2, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola is coming off of its third-straight overtime game, including a 14-13 triple overtime decision Wednesday night against crosstown rival, No. 10 Towson.
• The Greyhounds shutout the Tigers for the last 35 minutes of the game as they worked to turn an 11-5 halftime deficit into a 14-13 victory.
• Freshman Kaitlyn Larsson stepped into goal in the second half and sparked the 8-2 come-from-behind run by posting nine saves in the final 30 minutes of regulation. Larsson then stopped three more in the overtime periods to finish with her first collegiate win and double-digit save performance (12 saves).
• Junior Hannah Powers scored the game-tying goal with 58 seconds to go in regulation and then assisted classmate Taylor VanThof’s game-winning strike at the 4:15 mark of the third overtime period.
• For the season, freshman Livy Rosenzweig leads the Greyhounds with 16 points on 10 goals and six assists, while VanThof and senior Frankie Kamely have a team-best 11 goals apiece. VanThof also has a team-best 25 draw controls, while Rosenzweig is second at 23 draw controls.
• Powers leads the team with nine assists and is second with 15 points.
• Defensively, junior Kristen Yanchoris has seven ground balls and five caused turnovers, while Lindsey Ehrhardt has six ground balls and a team-best seven caused turnovers.
• In goal, junior Kady Glynn has played 205 minutes, posting a 15.51 goals-against average to go with a .418 save percentage. Larsson has played almost 55 minutes between the pipes and has a 6.57 goals-against average and a .684 save percentage.
Princeton Tigers (3-1, 1-0 Ivy League)
• Princeton is 3-1 this season, with its lone loss coming to No. 6 Virginia, 14-10.
• The Tigers have won two-straight since the loss, defeating Lehigh, 18-12, and Brown, 12-10.
• Kyla Sears leads Princeton with 16 goals and 20 points this season, while her four assists tie for a team-best. She also has two of the Tigers’ game-winning goals.
• On the draw, Ellie McNulty leads the way with 20, while she also has six ground balls and three caused turnovers.
• In goal, Mary Kate McDonough has played 209 minutes and has a 10.63 goals-against average and a .456 save percentage.
• The Tigers have won the last three meetings since the two storied programs resumed the rivalry for the 2014 season.
• Princeton also leads the all-time series, 11-4.
• The two squads first met in 1989, with Princeton taking a 7-6 victory in Baltimore.
• The teams didn’t meet again until 2000, with Loyola winning three of the next four meetings from 2000-2003, but the Greyhounds wouldn’t come out on top again until a 15-10 victory in 2014, as Princeton won six-straight from 2003-2009.
• At least one team has been ranked in the top-10 in all but one of the 14 meetings.
• Loyola will remain home for its third-straight game in a four-game homestretch, as it hosts No. 6 Virginia on Wednesday at 6 p.m.
• Wednesday’s game vs. the Cavaliers will mark the Greyhounds’ sixth-straight against a nationally ranked opponent, while Virginia will be the second top-10 foe to visit Ridley Athletic Complex this season.
W. Lacrosse | 3/20/2018
Loyola-Georgetown Women's Lacrosse Game Moved To April 25
W. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Kluegel, Kamely Earn Patriot League Player Of The Week Awards
W. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
No. 13 Women's Lacrosse Dominates Army West Point In Patriot League Opener
W. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
Patriot League Play Begins For Women's Lacrosse Saturday vs. Army West Point
W. Lacrosse | 03/20/2018
Wednesday's Loyola-Georgetown Lacrosse Doubleheader Postponed
W. Lacrosse | 03/15/2018
VanThof Named IWLCA National Player Of The Week
W. Lacrosse | 03/14/2018
No. 13 Women's Lacrosse Holds On To Upset No. 8 Virginia, 19-18
W. Lacrosse | 03/14/2018
Larsson Voted ILWomen National Rookie Of The Week
W. Lacrosse | 03/13/2018
VanThof Named Baltimore Sun National Player Of The Week
W. Lacrosse | 03/12/2018