Trip To Happy Valley Pits No. 12 Women's Lax vs. No. 9 PSU Saturday
March 7, 2014
|Opponent||No. 9 Penn State Nittany Lions|
|Date||Saturday, March 8, 2014|
|Location||State College, Pennsylvania | Penn State Lacrosse Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola started the season with back-to-back wins over nationally ranked opposition before dropping three-straight one-goal games at Johns Hopkins and James Madison, and versus No. 5 Florida.
• The Nittany Lions are also coming off a one-goal loss, as they dropped an 11-10 decision at James Madison on Wednesday night.
• Penn State will be the fourth nationally ranked opponent the Greyhounds will face this year and second-straight top-10 foe.
• Saturday’s game will mark the first time that Loyola junior Hannah Schmitt and Penn State freshman Natalie Schmitt will take the field as rivals.
• Hannah, an attacker, has played in all five games for the Greyhounds and has contributed 13 points, while Natalie has two points in five games for the Nittany Lions.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-3, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Loyola, the preseason Patriot League favorite, is coming off three one-goal losses.
• Senior Marlee Paton, the Patriot League Preseason Offensive Player of the Year, leads the Greyhounds with 18 points on a team-best 12 goals and six assists.
• Junior Annie Thomas has a team-high eight assists and is second on the squad with 14 points, while junior Hannah Schmitt has 13 points, redshirt junior Taryn VanThof has 12 points and junior Molly Hulseman has 10 points.
• VanThof also also leads the team with 18 draw controls and 13 ground balls.
• Sophomore Maddy Lesher joined Paton, Schmitt, Thomas and VanThof on on the All-Patriot League Team, while Paton and VanThof were also Preseason All-Americans.
• In goal, sophomore Molly Wolf has notched four double-digit save games in five outings this year, posting a 10.00 goals-against average and a .505 save percentage.
Penn State Nittany Lions (2-3, 0-0 ALC)
• Tatum Coffey, Mackenzie Cyr and Maggie McCormick all have 11 points for the Nittany Lions, as Coffey has a team-best eight goals and Cyr and McCormick both have six goals and five assists.
• Jenna Mosketti leads the way with 19 draw controls and eight ground balls.
Series vs. Penn State
• The Greyhounds and Nittany Lions have met every year since 1986 except for 2009.
• Loyola has won the last three meetings with the Nittany Lions to take a 14-13 advantage in the all-time series between the two programs.
• When playing in State College, Loyola and Penn State have each won seven of the 14 games.
• Three of those 14 contests have needed overtime to decide, while seven have been decided by one goal.
• Loyola won the last meeting at Penn State in overtime, 12-10.
• Loyola will return to Baltimore for its meeting with crosstown-rival Towson.
• Game time is set for 7 p.m. on Wednesday at Ridley Athletic Complex.
Lesher Added To Baltimore Ride Roster
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse All-America defender Maddy Lesher ’16 was...
Blakeman, Lesher To Play In Senior All-Star...
Loyola University Maryland seniors Maddy Blakeman and Maddy Lesher will have one more chance to...
Loyola Student-Athletes Recognized For Academic...
A number of Loyola University Maryland student-athletes were recognized this year for their...
Lesher, Wolf Earn IWLCA All-America Honors
A pair of Loyola University Maryland seniors, Maddy Lesher and Molly Wolf, have been named to one...
Decker, Stoothoff, VanThof Picked Up By UWLX...
Three former Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse players have been picked following...
No. 12 Duke Too Much For Women's Lacrosse In...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team saw its season come to a close Friday night ...
Blakeman, Lesher, Tabasso, Wolf Named All-Mid-A...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team placed four Greyhounds on the All-Mid-...
Women's Lax Set To Face Duke Friday at UNC's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will face No. 12 Duke in the first round of ...
There are no upcoming events.