March 4, 2013
Loyola Greyhounds (2-2, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola opened the road portion of its schedule on Saturday with an 11-10 win at No. 16 Towson. Sophomore Hannah Schmitt scored the game winner with 10 seconds left.
• Junior Marlee Paton and redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof lead the Greyhounds with 11 points this year, while Schmitt has a team-best nine goals. Paton leads the way with five assists to go with six goals and VanThof has eight goals and three assists.
• Paton also has a team-best 13 ground balls and shares the team lead in caused turnovers with freshman Maddy Lesher, as they both have six.
• VanThof has won 19 draw controls.
• In goal, freshman Molly Wolf has played all 240 minutes, posting a 10.50 goals-against average and has stopped 31 shots for a .425 save percentage.
Florida Gators (7-0, 0-0 ALC)
• The Gators are coming off their seventh-straight win, a 14-10 decision over No. 4/5 Syracuse in the Orange Bowl Classic at Sun Life Stadium.
• Ashley Bruns leads the attack with 21 points this year, while Shannon Gilroy has 20 points on a team-best 19 goals. Kitty Cullen (17 goals), Brittany Dashiell (11) and Gabi Wiegand (10) have all reached double-digit goals.
• On the draw, four Gators have won double-digit draw controls, led by Gilroy’s 23.
• In goal, Mikey Meagher has played 352 minutes and has allowed 35 goals for a 5.97 goals-against average. She has stopped 37 shots for a .514 save percentage.
• As a team, Florida is outscoring its opponents, 96-44, and has recorded 128 points compared to allowing just 55.
• Junior Marlee Paton dished out her 50th career assist vs. No. 17 Johns Hopkins and with 98 goals and 149 points, she is looking to become the 18th Greyhound with 150 points and just the ninth Greyhound with both 100 goals and 50 assists.
• Sophomore Sydney Thomas also dished out her 50th career assist vs. the Blue Jays.
In the Polls
• Loyola dropped to 12th in this weeks deBeer Media Poll, while Florida held on to the No. 2 spot.
• In last week’s IWLCA Coaches Poll, Loyola checked in at No. 7, while Florida was No. 2. The poll has not yet updated this week.
• Florida will be the fifth-straight nationally ranked opponent on Loyola’s schedule.
Series vs. Florida
• This marks the first time the Greyhounds and Gators have met in women’s lacrosse.
• The Greyhounds will remain on the road for their third-straight game, traveling to Delaware on Wednesday, March 13.
• Opening draw is scheduled for 6 p.m.