First Road Game For Women's Lacrosse Saturday At Towson
March 1, 2013
|Date||Saturday, March 2, 2013|
|Location||Towson, Maryland | Johnny Unitas Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (1-2, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first-ever loss to Johns Hopkins on Wednesday, 11-8.
• Redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof leads the Greyhounds with 10 points this year on a team-best eight goals. Junior Marlee Paton is second on the team with nine points on five goals and a team-best four assists.
• Paton and freshman Molly Wolf have 12 and 10 ground balls, respectively, while freshman Maddy Lesher leads the squad with five caused turnovers.
• In goal, Wolf is allowing 10.67 goals per game, while she is stopping 42.9 percent of shots faced.
Towson Tigers (1-2, 0-0 CAA)
• Towson is coming off its first win of the season, an 11-8 victory at UMBC Wednesday.
• Sarah Maloof leads the Tigers with 13 points on seven goals and six assists, while Kelly Custer also has seven goals.
• Defensively, Alexa Demski and Katie Leech both have five ground balls.
• In goal, Kelsea Donnelly has played all 180 minutes, posting a 10.00 goals-against average and a .492 save percentage.
• Junior Marlee Paton dished out her 50th career assist vs. No. 17 Johns Hopkins and is approaching 100 career goals and 150 career points. Paton currently has 97 goals and 147 points and is looking to become the ninth Greyhound with 100 goals and 50 assists.
• Sophomore Sydney Thomas also dished out her 50th career assist vs. the Blue Jays.
In the Polls
• Loyola dropped to 10th in the deBeer Media Poll after its loss to Virginia, but jumped back up a spot to No. 9 this week. Towson is ranked 16th in this week’s poll.
• In the IWLCA Coaches Poll, Loyola checked in at No. 7, while Towson is No. 16.
• Towson will be the fourth-straight nationally ranked opponent on Loyola’s schedule.
Series vs. Towson
• Loyola leads the all-time series with Towson, 30-10, despite losing last year’s game, 7-6.
• At Towson, the Greyhounds are 16-1 with their lone loss coming in 1977.
• Under head coach Jen Adams, the Greyhounds are 2-2 when facing the Tigers, including being 2-0 when playing on the road.
• The Greyhounds will remain on the road, traveling to Florida for their first-ever meeting with the Gators.
• Loyola and Florida will meet for the first time on Tuesday, March 5 at 1 p.m.
Geppi-Aikens To Be Inducted Into National...
Diane Geppi-Aikens, former Loyola University Maryland head women's lacrosse coach, will be...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Thomas, VanThof, Lesher Pick Up IWLCA All-Ameri...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Annie Thomas was named to the IWLCA All-Americ...
Syracuse Gets Past Women's Lacrosse, 10-7, In...
Kara Burke scored three goals and tied the Loyola University Maryland single-season record with...
Burke Earns Capital One Academic All-District...
Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse senior Kara Burke added another honor to her name on ...
Women's Lacrosse Seniors Celebrate Commencement...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team gathered Thursday afternoon to celebrate a...
NCAA Quarterfinal Round Features Loyola,...
The No. 13 Loyola women's lacrosse team will return to Syracuse for the second time in two weeks ...
US Lacrosse Invites Six Greyhounds To Tryout...
Six Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse players are among the 108 players that have been ...
Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Alumnae Game Ridley Athletic Complex 11:00 AM