First Road Game For Women's Lacrosse Saturday At Towson
March 1, 2013
|Date||Saturday, March 2, 2013|
|Location||Towson, Maryland | Johnny Unitas Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Greyhounds (1-2, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Loyola is coming off its first-ever loss to Johns Hopkins on Wednesday, 11-8.
• Redshirt sophomore Taryn VanThof leads the Greyhounds with 10 points this year on a team-best eight goals. Junior Marlee Paton is second on the team with nine points on five goals and a team-best four assists.
• Paton and freshman Molly Wolf have 12 and 10 ground balls, respectively, while freshman Maddy Lesher leads the squad with five caused turnovers.
• In goal, Wolf is allowing 10.67 goals per game, while she is stopping 42.9 percent of shots faced.
Towson Tigers (1-2, 0-0 CAA)
• Towson is coming off its first win of the season, an 11-8 victory at UMBC Wednesday.
• Sarah Maloof leads the Tigers with 13 points on seven goals and six assists, while Kelly Custer also has seven goals.
• Defensively, Alexa Demski and Katie Leech both have five ground balls.
• In goal, Kelsea Donnelly has played all 180 minutes, posting a 10.00 goals-against average and a .492 save percentage.
• Junior Marlee Paton dished out her 50th career assist vs. No. 17 Johns Hopkins and is approaching 100 career goals and 150 career points. Paton currently has 97 goals and 147 points and is looking to become the ninth Greyhound with 100 goals and 50 assists.
• Sophomore Sydney Thomas also dished out her 50th career assist vs. the Blue Jays.
In the Polls
• Loyola dropped to 10th in the deBeer Media Poll after its loss to Virginia, but jumped back up a spot to No. 9 this week. Towson is ranked 16th in this week’s poll.
• In the IWLCA Coaches Poll, Loyola checked in at No. 7, while Towson is No. 16.
• Towson will be the fourth-straight nationally ranked opponent on Loyola’s schedule.
Series vs. Towson
• Loyola leads the all-time series with Towson, 30-10, despite losing last year’s game, 7-6.
• At Towson, the Greyhounds are 16-1 with their lone loss coming in 1977.
• Under head coach Jen Adams, the Greyhounds are 2-2 when facing the Tigers, including being 2-0 when playing on the road.
• The Greyhounds will remain on the road, traveling to Florida for their first-ever meeting with the Gators.
• Loyola and Florida will meet for the first time on Tuesday, March 5 at 1 p.m.
Loyola Student-Athletes Recognized For Academic...
A number of Loyola University Maryland student-athletes were recognized this year for their...
Lesher, Wolf Earn IWLCA All-America Honors
A pair of Loyola University Maryland seniors, Maddy Lesher and Molly Wolf, have been named to one...
Decker, Stoothoff, VanThof Picked Up By UWLX...
Three former Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse players have been picked following...
No. 12 Duke Too Much For Women's Lacrosse In...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team saw its season come to a close Friday night ...
Blakeman, Lesher, Tabasso, Wolf Named All-Mid-A...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team placed four Greyhounds on the All-Mid-...
Women's Lax Set To Face Duke Friday at UNC's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's lacrosse team will face No. 12 Duke in the first round of ...
Women's Lacrosse Travels To North Carolina To...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse team will travel to No. 3 seed University...
Women's Lacrosse Wins Patriot League Title,...
Molly Wolf made two saves in the final four minutes as the U.S. Naval Academy tried to get within...
There are no upcoming events.