Women's Lacrosse Remains On Road For Game At JMU Saturday
Feb. 28, 2014
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, March 1|
|Location||Harrisonburg, Virginia | Lacrosse Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• Loyola started the season with back-to-back wins over nationally ranked opposition before slipping at Johns Hopkins on Wednesday, 6-5.
• The Greyhounds cracked into the top-five of the IWLCA Coaches Poll at the beginning of the week for the first time since 2011. Loyola opened the year with 13-straight wins that season, en route to a 17-3 overall record, tying a school record for wins in a season.
• Junior Annie Thomas and sophomore Molly Wolf were honored as the Patriot League Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, this week.
• Senior Marlee Paton and junior Taryn VanThof were two of 51 women’s lacrosse players in the nation to be named to the initial Tewaaraton Award watch list.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-1)
• Loyola, the preseason Patriot League favorite, is 2-1 on the season with both wins coming vs. nationally ranked foes; No. 6 Virginia and No. 17 Princeton.
• Junior Hannah Schmitt leads the attack with 11 points on 10 goals and one assist, while senior Marlee Paton, the Preseason Patriot League Offensive Player of the Year, has 10 points on five goals and five assists this year. She was joined on the Preseason All-Patriot League Team by Schmitt, juniors Annie Thomas and Taryn VanThof, in addition to sophomore Maddy Lesher.
• All five Greyhounds earned All-BIG EAST honors a year ago, while Paton and VanThof were also tabbed Preseason All-Americans by ILWomen this year.
• The Greyhounds also welcome back goalkeeper Molly Wolf for her sophomore season.
James Madison Dukes (2-1)
• The Dukes posted a 16-15 win in double-overtime to knock off Jacksonville on Saturday and move to 2-1 on the season.
• Amy Roguski scored with 2:50 remaining in the contest to send it to overtime, while Stephanie Finley won the draw control to open the second overtime period and scored 10 seconds later.
• Finley leads the Dukes with 15 points on 10 goals and five assists, while Ali Curwin has 11 points on sevne goals and four assists.
• Jaci Gordon has a team-best 10 draw controls and Finley and Kaci Starkloff have 17 and 14 draw controls, respectively.
• In goal, Schylar Healy has played 148:25, posting a 15.77 goals-against average and 14 saves.
Series vs. James Madison
• The Greyhounds leads the series, 24-17, and have lost the last two meetings.
• The series dates back to 1982, when the foes were members of the South Atlantic Lacrosse League and the Colonial Athletic Association.
Tewaaraton Watch List
• Senior Marlee Paton was named to the initial Tewaaraton Award watch list for a third-straight year and was joined this year by junior Taryn VanThof.
• Paton and VanThof were two of three Patriot League honorees, as Navy’s Loren Generi was also on the list.
• Throughout the season the Greyhounds will face 15 of the 51 initial honorees.
• Additions to the watch list will be made on March 20 and April 10 with the 25 nominees being named on April 24. Five finalists will be announced on May 8 with the Tewaaraton ceremony taking place May 29 in Washington, D.C.
• The Tewaaraton Award annually honors the top male and top female college lacrosse players in the United States. The selection committees are made up of top collegiate coaches and are appointed annually by the Tewaaraton Foundation.
• Head coach Jen Adams was the first recipient of the prestigious award in 2001.
• Junior Annie Thomas and sophomore Molly Wolf were named the Patriot League Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week, respectively, for their play in Loyola’s 15-10 win over No. 17 Princeton on Saturday, Feb. 22.
• Thomas recorded a game-high five points on three goals and two assists, while Wolf recorded her second-straight 11 save performance.
• Loyola will return home to host Florida on Tuesday at 1 p.m.
Women In Sports Day Set For February 21
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
Gioffre Pizzo '03 To Be Inducted Into Baltimore...
Former Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse All-American Marianne Gioffre Pizzo will...
Lesher, Wolf Named Preseason All-Americans By...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse seniors Maddy Lesher and Molly Wolf have been...
Women's Lacrosse Schedule Released For 2016...
Loyola University Maryland head women’s lacrosse coach Jen Adams has announced the squad...
Blast Comes-From-Behind To Win Annual WLAX...
Team Blast scored with 20 seconds remaining in the championship game of the Loyola women's...
Adams Named IWLCA Mid-Atlantic Region Coach Of ...
Loyola University Maryland head women’s lacrosse coach Jen Adams was named the IWLCA Mid-At...
Women's Lacrosse Featured In ILWomen Fall All-A...
Inside Lacrosse's women's editor Halley Quillinan recently stopped by a Loyola University...
Blakeman And Geiger Named Women's Lacrosse ...
Loyola University Maryland women’s lacrosse head coach Jen Adams has announced that senior ...
Sunday, Feb 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Syracuse Syracuse, N.Y. 12:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Wednesday, Feb 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Johns Hopkins Baltimore, Md. 5:00 PM Sunday, Feb 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Saturday, Mar 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Penn State State College, Pa. 1:00 PM Wednesday, Mar 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Virginia Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video