Big Test For Women's Lacrosse As It Heads No. 3 Florida Sunday
|Opponent||No. 3 Florida Gators|
|Date||Sunday, February 25|
|Location||Gainesville, Fla. | Donald R. Dizney Stadium|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Former Loyola All-America midfielder Taryn VanThof ‘15, older sister of junior preseason All-American Taylor VanThof, is in her second season as an assistant coach at Florida.
• While at Loyola, Taryn set the Greyhounds’ career, season and single game records for draw controls. Taylor has since broken two of Taryn’s records, as she’s still chasing her career mark.
• Taryn set the game record at 15 and the season total at 122. She still holds the career mark with 318 draw controls.
• Taylor shattered both of those records, winning 21 draws against Colgate and finishing last season ranked second in the NCAA with 146 draw controls. She has won 173 draws throughout her career.
Loyola Greyhounds (0-1, 0-0 Patriot League)
• The Greyhounds are coming off a 14-11 loss at Charles Street rival Johns Hopkins Wednesday in the season opener.
• Senior Hannah Savage led the Greyhounds with her first career hat trick in the game, finishing with a personal-best four points on three goals and one assist.
• Junior Hannah Powers also finished with four points, dishing out four assists.
• Four Greyhounds recorded their first collegiate point in the contest, with Sam Fiedler scoring two goals, and Bridget Ballard, Elli Kluegel and Livy Rosenzweig adding one each.
• In goal, junior Kady Glynn started hot, turning back 12 of the first 18 shots she saw in the first half. Glynn finished with 13 saves in the game, marking the eighth double-digit save performance of her career.
Florida Gators (1-1, 0-0 BIG EAST)
• Florida moved to No. 3 in the IWLCA poll after earning a decisive 16-9 win over No. 17 Colorado in the Gators’ season opener. Florida then fell to No. 1 Maryland, 16-14.
• Sunday will be Florida’s third of four-straight games at Donald R. Dizney Stadium.
• The Gators are led by Sydney Pirreca’s seven goals and two assists, while Lindsey Ronbeck has added six goals.
• Shannon Kavanagh leads the team on the draw, winning 12, while Haley Hicklen has a team-best 11 ground balls.
• In goal, Hicklen has played all 120 minutes, posting a 12.50 goals-against average and a .528 save percentage to go with 28 saves.
• The Loyola-Florida series began in 2013, with the Gators winning all four games.
• The Gators have been ranked in the top-10 nationally in each of the meetings, including holding a top-five ranking in every contest except for 2016 (ranked No. 7).
• In 2014, then-No. 12 Loyola had a chance to upset then-No. 5 Florida at Ridley Athletic Complex, but the Gators put together a four-goal run to tie the score at 13 with 4:22 to play. Florida scored the game-winner with 37 seconds left, though.
• Florida has won all five games against Loyola.
• Loyola remains on the road for a second-straight game against a third-consecutive nationally ranked opponent as it heads to No. 12 Penn State next Saturday.
• Opening draw is set for 1 p.m.