Patriot League Opener Sends Women's Basketball To Navy Friday
|Date||Friday, December 29|
|Location||Annapolis, Md. | Alumni Hall|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Friday’s game will mark Loyola’s final contest of the 2017 calendar year.
• The game will also be the Patriot League opener for both Navy and Loyola.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-9, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fifth in the Patriot League with 14.9 points per game, while she leads the League with 33 steals, is tied for ninth in assists (2.6 per game), is sixth in defensive rebounds (5.9) and tied for eighth in offensive rebounds (2.2).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.7 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through all seven games she’s played this season.
• Alexis Gray is just shy of a double-digit scoring average, as her 9.9 points per game ranks 18th in the League.
Navy Midshipmen (10-1, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Navy was picked to finish fourth in the Preseason Patriot League poll.
• The Midshipmen opened the season with nine-straight wins before suffering a 94-87 loss in overtime at New Mexico State.
• Navy won its last outing, 79-47 at LIU Brooklyn, to finish with a 10-1 non-League record.
• With a 76.1 points per game average, the Midshipmen lead the Patriot League in scoring, while their 57.6 points allowed per game ranks second. Sharp shooters, Navy also leads the League in field goal percentage (.424) and 3-point field goal percentage (.355), while it’s 43.0 rebounds per game also tops the Patriot League.
• Navy leads the all-time series 18-7.
• The Greyhounds have won two of the last five meetings.
• Loyola’s last win against the Midshipmen, was a 44-42 victory on March 7, 2016 at Reitz Arena.
• The Greyhounds’ last win at Alumni Hall came in 2010, when Loyola earned a 59-55 victory over the Midshipmen.
• In the all-time series, six meetings have been decided by four points or less.
• After splitting the 2016 regular season meetings, Loyola knocked Navy out of the Patriot League Tournament with a 44-42 first-round victory at Reitz Arena.
• The Midshipmen responded by sweeping last season’s meetings though, winning both games at Alumni Hall and Reitz Arena.
• Loyola will return home for the second time in 10 games when it hosts Army West Point in the first game of the new year.
• Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 2.
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...
Karcz Leads With Double-Double As Women's...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with a double-double of 23 points and 13 rebounds in...
Betz-White Named One Of 30 Senior CLASS Award...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball senior Bri Betz-White has been selected as...
Time Change: WBB Travels To Boston University...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Boston University Friday...