Non-Conference Finale For Women's Basketball Friday At Delaware
|Opponent||Delaware Blue Hens|
|Date||Friday, Dec. 22|
|Location||Newark, Del. | Bob Carpenter Center|
|Live Stats||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola is playing its seventh road game of its last eight contests, and will close out December with a trip to Navy for both teams’ Patriot League opener.
• Friday’s game will mark Loyola’s non-conference finale.
• Delaware recorded an 84-49 win over Delaware State in its last contest, on Sunday, Dec. 10, a game in which the Blue Hens led by as much as 45 in the fourth quarter and received double-digit point performances from three players; Nichole Enabosi (17 points, 11 rebounds), Samone DeFreese (19 points) and Lizzie Oleary (10 points).
Loyola Greyhounds (2-8, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 15.8 points per game, while she leads the League with 33 steals and ranks third in field goal percentage (.480), tied for ninth in assists (2.6 per game) and eighth in rebounding (8.2 per game).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.7 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through all six games she’s played this season.
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range and ranks fifth in the Patriot League with 1.7 3-pointers made per game. She’s third on the team with 9.8 points per game.
Delaware Blue Hens (6-4, 0-0 CAA)
• Nicole Enabosi leads Delaware with 20.1 points per game, while Samone DeFreese and Bailey Kargo are contributing 12.6 and 10.5 points per game, respectively.
• Enabosi also leads Blue Hens with 12.2 rebounds per game and 14 blocks.
• The Blue Hens lead the all-time series, 1-13.
• Delaware has won 12-straight meetings, with Loyola’s last win coming in 1982.
• Prior to last year’s meeting, the two teams had not met since Nov. 21, 2004.
• Loyola’s win, 64-63, came on Jan. 14, 1982 in Newark, Del.
• The Greyhounds will close out December with their first Patriot League game at Navy.
• The Midshipmen will host Loyola on Friday, Dec. 29 in a 7 p.m. matchup.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018