Non-Conference Finale For Women's Basketball Friday At Delaware
|Opponent||Delaware Blue Hens|
|Date||Friday, Dec. 22|
|Location||Newark, Del. | Bob Carpenter Center|
|Live Stats||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola is playing its seventh road game of its last eight contests, and will close out December with a trip to Navy for both teams’ Patriot League opener.
• Friday’s game will mark Loyola’s non-conference finale.
• Delaware recorded an 84-49 win over Delaware State in its last contest, on Sunday, Dec. 10, a game in which the Blue Hens led by as much as 45 in the fourth quarter and received double-digit point performances from three players; Nichole Enabosi (17 points, 11 rebounds), Samone DeFreese (19 points) and Lizzie Oleary (10 points).
Loyola Greyhounds (2-8, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 15.8 points per game, while she leads the League with 33 steals and ranks third in field goal percentage (.480), tied for ninth in assists (2.6 per game) and eighth in rebounding (8.2 per game).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.7 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through all six games she’s played this season.
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range and ranks fifth in the Patriot League with 1.7 3-pointers made per game. She’s third on the team with 9.8 points per game.
Delaware Blue Hens (6-4, 0-0 CAA)
• Nicole Enabosi leads Delaware with 20.1 points per game, while Samone DeFreese and Bailey Kargo are contributing 12.6 and 10.5 points per game, respectively.
• Enabosi also leads Blue Hens with 12.2 rebounds per game and 14 blocks.
• The Blue Hens lead the all-time series, 1-13.
• Delaware has won 12-straight meetings, with Loyola’s last win coming in 1982.
• Prior to last year’s meeting, the two teams had not met since Nov. 21, 2004.
• Loyola’s win, 64-63, came on Jan. 14, 1982 in Newark, Del.
• The Greyhounds will close out December with their first Patriot League game at Navy.
• The Midshipmen will host Loyola on Friday, Dec. 29 in a 7 p.m. matchup.
Women's Basketball Comes Up Short At Lafayette
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points and junior Ashley Hunter turned in her...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...
Karcz Leads With Double-Double As Women's...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with a double-double of 23 points and 13 rebounds in...
Betz-White Named One Of 30 Senior CLASS Award...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball senior Bri Betz-White has been selected as...