Quick Turnaround Sends Women's Hoops To No. 14 Maryland Monday
|Opponent||No. 14/15 Maryland Terrapins|
|Date||Monday, December 11, 2017|
|Location||College Park, Md. | XFINITY Center|
|National Television||Big Ten Network | Channel Finder|
|Watch Online||BTNGo app or BTNGo.com|
|Live Stats||Live stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola is playing its sixth road game of its last seven contests, and will close out December with two more contests away from home, traveling to Delaware and Navy.
• Maryland is ranked 14th in the USA Today/WBCA Coaches poll and 15th in the Associated Press Top 25.
• The Terrapins are looking to extend a seven-game win streak.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-7, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 16.7 points per game, while she leads the League with 31 steals and field goal percentage (.490), is tied for eighth in assists (2.6 per game) and tied for seventh in rebounding (8.2 per game).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.8 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through each of the five games in her collegiate career.
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range and ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 1.8 3-pointers made per game. She’s third on the team with 10.3 points per game.
Maryland Terrapins (9-2, 0-0 Big Ten)
• Kaila Charles leads the Terrapins with an average of 28.2 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.
• Stephanie Jones and Brianna Fraser share a team-high 12 blocks, while Blaire Watson leads the team with 27 steals this season.
• Kristen Confroy leads the squads from long range, totaling 34 3-pointers made this season.
• This will be the 27th meeting between Loyola and Maryland in women’s basketball, and the 11th-straight season the two teams will faced.
• The Terrapins lead the all-time series 23-3, and have won the past 17 matchups against the Greyhounds.
• Loyola earned its last victory in 1998, when it beat Maryland 50-43 in Reitz Arena.
• The teams last met in 2016, resulting in a 79-60 Terrapin victory in Reitz Arena.
• Loyola, 14-1 when playing as the road team, picked up its lone win over Maryland in College Park in 1997, earning a 57-50 victory on November 19 of that year.
• The Greyhounds will close out December with a pair of road games, traveling to Delaware (Friday, Dec. 22) and Navy (Friday, Dec. 29).
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018