Quick Turnaround Sends Women's Hoops To No. 14 Maryland Monday
|Opponent||No. 14/15 Maryland Terrapins|
|Date||Monday, December 11, 2017|
|Location||College Park, Md. | XFINITY Center|
|National Television||Big Ten Network | Channel Finder|
|Watch Online||BTNGo app or BTNGo.com|
|Live Stats||Live stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola is playing its sixth road game of its last seven contests, and will close out December with two more contests away from home, traveling to Delaware and Navy.
• Maryland is ranked 14th in the USA Today/WBCA Coaches poll and 15th in the Associated Press Top 25.
• The Terrapins are looking to extend a seven-game win streak.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-7, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 16.7 points per game, while she leads the League with 31 steals and field goal percentage (.490), is tied for eighth in assists (2.6 per game) and tied for seventh in rebounding (8.2 per game).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.8 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through each of the five games in her collegiate career.
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range and ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 1.8 3-pointers made per game. She’s third on the team with 10.3 points per game.
Maryland Terrapins (9-2, 0-0 Big Ten)
• Kaila Charles leads the Terrapins with an average of 28.2 points and 8.7 rebounds per game.
• Stephanie Jones and Brianna Fraser share a team-high 12 blocks, while Blaire Watson leads the team with 27 steals this season.
• Kristen Confroy leads the squads from long range, totaling 34 3-pointers made this season.
• This will be the 27th meeting between Loyola and Maryland in women’s basketball, and the 11th-straight season the two teams will faced.
• The Terrapins lead the all-time series 23-3, and have won the past 17 matchups against the Greyhounds.
• Loyola earned its last victory in 1998, when it beat Maryland 50-43 in Reitz Arena.
• The teams last met in 2016, resulting in a 79-60 Terrapin victory in Reitz Arena.
• Loyola, 14-1 when playing as the road team, picked up its lone win over Maryland in College Park in 1997, earning a 57-50 victory on November 19 of that year.
• The Greyhounds will close out December with a pair of road games, traveling to Delaware (Friday, Dec. 22) and Navy (Friday, Dec. 29).
Women's Basketball Comes Up Short At Lafayette
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points and junior Ashley Hunter turned in her...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...
Karcz Leads With Double-Double As Women's...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with a double-double of 23 points and 13 rebounds in...
Betz-White Named One Of 30 Senior CLASS Award...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball senior Bri Betz-White has been selected as...