Women's Basketball Returns Home To Host Towson Saturday
|Date||Saturday, December 9, 2017|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Saturday is the Greyhounds’ lone home contest in the month of December.
• Loyola is in the midst of a nine-game stretch that sees it play eight games on the road.
• This will be the 42nd meeting between Loyola and Towson in women’s basketball, but it will be the first meeting between the two programs since 2014.
• Loyola is looking to break a three-game losing skid, while Towson has won two straight.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-6, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 15.9 points per game, while she leads the League with 29 steals and field goal percentage (.516), is tied for eighth in assists (2.9 per game) and tied for seventh in rebounding (8.3 per game).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.5 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through each of the four games she’s played this season.
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range and ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 1.8 3-pointers made per game. She’s third on the team with 10.0 points per game.
Towson Tigers (3-4, 0-0 CAA)
• Raine Bankston and Nukiya Mayo lead the Tigers with 12.4 per game, while Mayo shares the rebounding team lead with Mary Cuevas, both averaging 8.7 per contest.
• Cuevas also has a team-best 20 blocks, while Etalyia Vogt tops the team with 17 assists.
• Danielle Durjan leads the team from long range, with 16 of her 21 field goals coming from downtown. She also has a team-best 13 steals.
• This will be the 42nd meeting between Loyola and Towson in wome’s basketball.
• Towson leads the all-time series, 28-13, and has won eight of the last nine games.
• While Loyola’s last win was a 52-44 decision in 2012, the two squads have not met since 2014.
• Prior to 2015, the two programs had met every year since the 1979-80 season, with the exception of the 2003-04 season.
• In the last meeting, Loyola used a late 23-6 run to cut a 19-point deficit into a two-point deficit, 50-48, with just under five minutes to play. Towson responded with nine-straight points to hold off Loyola for the 63-50 victory in Reitz Arena.
• Senior Bri Betz-White is the lone Greyhound to have played against Towson.
• The Greyhounds will close out the month of December with three-straight road games.
• Loyola wil first travel to Maryland on Monday for a 6 p.m. tipoff.
Women's Basketball Comes Up Short At Lafayette
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points and junior Ashley Hunter turned in her...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...
Karcz Leads With Double-Double As Women's...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with a double-double of 23 points and 13 rebounds in...
Betz-White Named One Of 30 Senior CLASS Award...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball senior Bri Betz-White has been selected as...