Women's Basketball Returns Home To Host Towson Saturday
|Date||Saturday, December 9, 2017|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Saturday is the Greyhounds’ lone home contest in the month of December.
• Loyola is in the midst of a nine-game stretch that sees it play eight games on the road.
• This will be the 42nd meeting between Loyola and Towson in women’s basketball, but it will be the first meeting between the two programs since 2014.
• Loyola is looking to break a three-game losing skid, while Towson has won two straight.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-6, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 15.9 points per game, while she leads the League with 29 steals and field goal percentage (.516), is tied for eighth in assists (2.9 per game) and tied for seventh in rebounding (8.3 per game).
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring, with 13.5 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through each of the four games she’s played this season.
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range and ranks fourth in the Patriot League with 1.8 3-pointers made per game. She’s third on the team with 10.0 points per game.
Towson Tigers (3-4, 0-0 CAA)
• Raine Bankston and Nukiya Mayo lead the Tigers with 12.4 per game, while Mayo shares the rebounding team lead with Mary Cuevas, both averaging 8.7 per contest.
• Cuevas also has a team-best 20 blocks, while Etalyia Vogt tops the team with 17 assists.
• Danielle Durjan leads the team from long range, with 16 of her 21 field goals coming from downtown. She also has a team-best 13 steals.
• This will be the 42nd meeting between Loyola and Towson in wome’s basketball.
• Towson leads the all-time series, 28-13, and has won eight of the last nine games.
• While Loyola’s last win was a 52-44 decision in 2012, the two squads have not met since 2014.
• Prior to 2015, the two programs had met every year since the 1979-80 season, with the exception of the 2003-04 season.
• In the last meeting, Loyola used a late 23-6 run to cut a 19-point deficit into a two-point deficit, 50-48, with just under five minutes to play. Towson responded with nine-straight points to hold off Loyola for the 63-50 victory in Reitz Arena.
• Senior Bri Betz-White is the lone Greyhound to have played against Towson.
• The Greyhounds will close out the month of December with three-straight road games.
• Loyola wil first travel to Maryland on Monday for a 6 p.m. tipoff.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018