Five-Game Road Trip Ends For Women's Basketball At St. Francis Brooklyn
|Opponent||St. Francis Brooklyn|
|Date||Wednesday, December 6, 2017|
|Location||Brooklyn, N.Y. | Pope Physical Education Center|
|Watch||NEC Front Row|
|Live Stats||Click Here|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• The Greyhounds are in the final game of a five-game road trip that has taken them to Marquette, Norfolk State, William & Mary, Mount St. Mary’s and St. Francis (NY).
• St. Francis Brooklyn is coming off an 84-50 road loss at Seton Hall on Saturday.
• Wednesday night’s game will mark the second home game for the Terriers this season. They beat Army West Point 73-52 on November 16.
• St. Francis Brooklyn’s other win was a 64-49 triumph at St. Peter’s on November 30.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-5, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks third in the Patriot League with 16.9 points per game, while she leads the League with 26 steals, ranks fifth in field goal percentage (.529), tied for seventh in assists (3.0 per game) and tied for seventh in rebounding (8.7 per game).
• Alexis Gray leads the team from long range, ranking fourth in the Patriot League with 1.9 3-pointers made per game (43 total). She’s also third on the team with 11.0 points per game, while Izzy Therien is second with a 14.7 scoring average.
St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers (2-5, 0-0 NEC)
• Jade Johnson leads the Terriers with 13.3 points per game, connecting on 43.9 percent from 3-point range, with more than half of her attempts coming from long range (41 of 74).
• Defensively, Maria Palarino has a team-best 4.9 rebounds per game and Alex Delaney has seven blocks, while Amy O’Neill tops the team with 30 assists and 17 steals.
• Loyola came out on top of the lone meeting between with the Terriers, winning 69-60 in Reitz Arena on November 19, 2016.
• The Greyhounds outscored St. Francis Brooklyn 26-13 in the third quarter on November 19, 2016 to build a 10-point advantage going into the fourth quarter.
• Loyola then held off the Terriers for a 69-60 victory in Reitz Arena.
• Bri Betz-White led all players with 20 points in the game, while Stephanie Karcz chipped in 10 points for the first double-digit point performance of her career.
• Courtney Vannoy had a team-best four rebounds for Loyola.
• The Greyhounds will return home to host Towson (Saturday, 1 p.m.), before hitting the road for two more games.
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Regular-Season Road Schedule Ends For Women's Hoops Wednesday At Lehigh
W. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Therien Earns Fourth Patriot League Rookie Of The Week
W. Basketball | 2/17/2018
Women's Basketball Falls At Colgate
W. Basketball | 2/15/2018
Two-Game Road Trip For Women's Basketball Starts At Colgate Saturday
W. Basketball | 02/14/2018
Therien Hits Career High In Points For Women's Hoops In Loss To Bucknell
W. Basketball | 02/13/2018
Bucknell Comes To Women's Basketball For Play4Kay Pink Game
W. Basketball | 02/10/2018
Gray's Career High Not Enough To Get Women's Basketball Past Lafayette
W. Basketball | 02/09/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Lafayette Saturday For WISD
W. Basketball | 02/07/2018
Comeback Falls Short For Women's Basketball At American
W. Basketball | 02/05/2018