Women's Basketball Returns To Virginia To Take On William & Mary Saturday
|Opponent||William & Mary Tribe|
|Date||Saturday, November 25, 2017|
|Location||Williamsburg, Va. | Kaplan Arena|
• The Greyhounds are in the third game of a five-game road trip that will take them to Marquette, Norfolk State, William & Mary, Mount St. Mary’s and St. Francis (NY).
• Loyola is 1-1 on the road trip so far, falling at No. 16 Marquette, 83-63, before winning a nail-biter at Norfolk State, 61-58, Tuesday.
• Alexis Gray led all players with a career-high 21 points against the Spartans, while Stephanie Karcz had a personal-best 17 rebounds, eight steals and six assists. She also had 16 points for her first double-double of the year.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-3, 0-0 Patriot League)
• The Greyhounds are averaging 65.6 points and 8.80 steals per game this season.
• Stephanie Karcz ranks third in the Patriot League with 19.4 points per game, while she also leads the League with 20 steals and is sixth with 8.4 rebounds per game.
• Izzy Therien is second on the team with 17.0 points per game, despite only playing in two contests, while Alexis Gray is third with 12.6 points per game. Gray leads the Greyhounds with 13 made 3-pointers this year.
William & Mary Tribe (3-1, 0-0 CAA)
• The Tribe are coming off a 71-65 overtime victory at East Carolina Tuesday night.
• Bianca Boggs leads William & Mary with 17.5 points per game, while Abby Rendle averages 14.3, Victoria Reynolds is at 12.3 and Jenna Green has 12.0 points per game.
• Rendle leads the way with 8.8 rebounds per game and 23 blocks, while Green has a team-best 23 assists.
• William and Mary leads the all-time series 7-2. The Tribe have a 4-1 record inside Kaplan Arena.
• The last three contests between the two teams have all been decided by one point.
• William and Mary has won the last two contests, winning 72-71 in Baltimore during the 2014 season, and 62-61 at home in 2015.
• Loyola’s two wins came off back-to-back meetings during the 2000 and 2001 seasons, winning 53-50 in Williamsburg and returning home to win 60-59 the following season.
• William and Mary defeated Loyola, 62-61, during the 2015 season. The game was decided by a converted free throw by the Tribe with one second left on the clock.
• Loyola out-rebounded William & Mary, 36-30, in the contest.
• The Greyhounds will remain on the road for a fourth-straight game, traveling to Mount St. Mary’s for a Mount-Loyola basketball doubleheader. Tipoff is set for 1 p.m.
Women's Basketball Travels To Bucknell...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team travels to Bucknell Wednesday night for a ...
Therien Named The Rock Patriot League Women's...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball freshman Izzy Therien has been named The Rock...
Women's Basketball Comes Up Short At Lafayette
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points and junior Ashley Hunter turned in her...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...