Season Begins For Women's Basketball Vs. Cornell Friday At Noon
|Opponent||Cornell Big Red|
|Date||Friday, November 10|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball is in its 47th season of action and fifth year of play in the Patriot League, a conference it joined prior to the 2013-14 season.
• The Greyhounds open the season with three-straight home games, before embarking on a five-game road trip that will ultimately turn into eight games away from home in a nine-game span.
• Loyola will begin Patriot League play at Navy on Friday, Dec. 29.
• Joe Logan is in his 13th season as Loyola’s head coach. A 1996 alum of the school, Logan is the program’s all-time leader in wins and carries a 160-207 record into the 2017-18 campaign.
Loyola Greyhounds (0-0, 0-0 Patriot League)
• Senior Bri Betz-White is the top returning guard in the Patriot League, as she was the lone guard to be named to the five-member Preseason All-Patriot League Team. Betz-White earned All-Patriot League First Team honors last year, after ranking fourth in the League with a 15.0 point per game average.
• Sophomore Stephanie Karcz also returns after earning All-Patriot League Defensive Team and All-Rookie Team accolades a year ago. Karcz led the team with 6.4 rebounds per game and 76 steals.
• Loyola welcomes two freshmen - Delaney Connolly and Izzy Therien - to the roster this season.
Cornell Big Red (0-0, 0-0 Ivy League)
• Coming off of a fourth-place fnish in the Ivy League standings a year ago, with a 16-11 overall record and a 7-7 mark in the conference, the Big Red have been picked sixth in the 2017-18 Ivy League media preseason poll.
• Cornell graduated all five of its starters from a year ago, a group that was considered one of the most talented classes in program history.
• Samantha Widmann is the team’s top returner, averaging 5.7 points and 3.0 rebounds per game last season.
• Cornell has won the last three meetings to take a 3-2 lead in the all-time series, including a 58-50 victory in the 2016-17 season opener in Ithaca, New York.
• In Baltimore, the two teams are tied, eaching winning one game.
• Loyola will remain home to host George Mason on Tuesday at 7 p.m.
W. Basketball | 6/21/2018
Women’s Basketball Leads Patriot League With 14 Academic Honor Roll Selections
W. Basketball | 5/31/2018
Greyhounds Elite Basketball Camp – June 16
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 03/05/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 03/05/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018