Women's Basketball Heads To Hartford To Tip Off The Season
Nov. 7, 2012
|Opponent||The University of Hartford|
|Date||Friday, Nov. 9, 2012|
|Location||West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds finished the 2011-12 season 13-17 overall, and 9-9 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
• The Greyhounds finished fourth in the MAAC, losing to the No. 5 seed Niagara 77-63, in the quarterfinal round of the MAAC Championships at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass.
• The Greyhounds finished .500 or better in conference play for the fourth-straight season and the fifth time in seven seasons under head coach Joe Logan.
• Loyola made its second, first game exit under Logan in the MAAC Championships. The team is 5-2 under Logan in the first game of the Championships.
• Katie Sheahin led Loyola in scoring with 15.1 points per game. She also led the team with 102 steals, 34 blocks, and 93 assists.
Scouting the Hawks
• This season, the Hartford women’s basketball team was picked to finish third in the America East Conference.
• The Hawks ended the 2011-12 season, 19-13 overall, and headed to the postseason facing the Syracuse Orange.
• The loss to Syracuse (59-42) marked the eighth straight season Hartford entered the postseason, with three WNIT bids and five trips to the NCAA tournament.
• The Hawks return all but one player from 2012, including all five starters.
• Senior Ruthanne Doherty was named to the preseason All-Conference team. Doherty led the team in scoring last season, averaging 12.8 points in her junior year.
Series with Hartford
• Hartford leads the series 2-0.
• The last meeting of the two teams came on Nov. 19, 2006.
• The 2006 team fell to the Hawks 65-49, despite scoring the first six points of the game.
• The year before, Hartford defeated Loyola 59-52 on a close back-and-forth game between the Greyhounds and the Hawks.
• Loyola kicks off the 2012-13 home season at Reitz Arena against the Maryland Terrapins.
• The Greyhounds are 3-18 overall against the Terrapins.
• The Maryland women’s basketball is ranked fifth in the AP polls for the 2012-13 season.
Patriot League Semifinal Versus Bucknell Friday...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball will make its first-ever appearance in the Patriot ...
Marshall's Game-Winner Sends Women's Hoops To...
Senior Colleen Marshall drove the length of the floor and pulled back for the game-winning field ...
Women's Basketball Hosts Navy In Quarterfinals ...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball will host its first-ever Patriot League...
Tickets On Sale For Women's Basketball...
Thanks to victories in its final four regular-season games, the Loyola University Maryland women'...
Marshall, Perry Earn All-Patriot League Honors
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball seniors Colleen Marshall and Jeneh Perry...
Women's Basketball Tops Holy Cross, Finishes...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball team used a strong second quarter to pull...
Final Women's Basketball Regular-Season Game...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball plays in its final game of the 2015-16 regular...
Balanced Effort Leads Women's Basketball To Win...
Senior Colleen Marshall scored a game-high 16 points to lead three Loyola University Maryland...
There are no upcoming events.