Women's Basketball Heads To Hartford To Tip Off The Season
Nov. 7, 2012
|Opponent||The University of Hartford|
|Date||Friday, Nov. 9, 2012|
|Location||West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds finished the 2011-12 season 13-17 overall, and 9-9 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
• The Greyhounds finished fourth in the MAAC, losing to the No. 5 seed Niagara 77-63, in the quarterfinal round of the MAAC Championships at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass.
• The Greyhounds finished .500 or better in conference play for the fourth-straight season and the fifth time in seven seasons under head coach Joe Logan.
• Loyola made its second, first game exit under Logan in the MAAC Championships. The team is 5-2 under Logan in the first game of the Championships.
• Katie Sheahin led Loyola in scoring with 15.1 points per game. She also led the team with 102 steals, 34 blocks, and 93 assists.
Scouting the Hawks
• This season, the Hartford women’s basketball team was picked to finish third in the America East Conference.
• The Hawks ended the 2011-12 season, 19-13 overall, and headed to the postseason facing the Syracuse Orange.
• The loss to Syracuse (59-42) marked the eighth straight season Hartford entered the postseason, with three WNIT bids and five trips to the NCAA tournament.
• The Hawks return all but one player from 2012, including all five starters.
• Senior Ruthanne Doherty was named to the preseason All-Conference team. Doherty led the team in scoring last season, averaging 12.8 points in her junior year.
Series with Hartford
• Hartford leads the series 2-0.
• The last meeting of the two teams came on Nov. 19, 2006.
• The 2006 team fell to the Hawks 65-49, despite scoring the first six points of the game.
• The year before, Hartford defeated Loyola 59-52 on a close back-and-forth game between the Greyhounds and the Hawks.
• Loyola kicks off the 2012-13 home season at Reitz Arena against the Maryland Terrapins.
• The Greyhounds are 3-18 overall against the Terrapins.
• The Maryland women’s basketball is ranked fifth in the AP polls for the 2012-13 season.
Bucknell Uses Second-Half Run To Top Women's...
Bucknell University used a 20-5 run in the second half to lead by double figures and defeat the...
Bucknell and Women's Basketball Meet...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will play in its second-straight home game...
Colleen Marshall Scores 35 As Women's...
Colleen Marshall scored a career-high 35 points and tied a school record with seven 3-pointers to...
Women's Basketball Now Hosting Boston...
Due to impending weather conditions in the Northeast region, the Loyola University Maryland women...
Women's Basketball Drops Back-And-Forth Contest...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball kept fighting offensively in the final six second...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball On Wednesday...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball returns to Pennsylvania for its second of two road ...
Women's Basketball Drops Road Contest In...
Despite a close second-half, where Loyola University Maryland women's basketball outscored Lehigh...
Lehigh Hosts Women's Basketball For...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball will play its first of two-straight games in the...
Saturday, Feb 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 7:00 PM Video Wednesday, Mar 4 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League First Round Higher Seed TBA Video Friday, Mar 6 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Quarterfinals Higher Seed TBA Monday, Mar 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Semifinals Higher Seed TBA Saturday, Mar 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Patriot League Championship Game Higher Seed TBA