Women's Basketball Heads To Hartford To Tip Off The Season
Nov. 7, 2012
|Opponent||The University of Hartford|
|Date||Friday, Nov. 9, 2012|
|Location||West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds finished the 2011-12 season 13-17 overall, and 9-9 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
• The Greyhounds finished fourth in the MAAC, losing to the No. 5 seed Niagara 77-63, in the quarterfinal round of the MAAC Championships at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass.
• The Greyhounds finished .500 or better in conference play for the fourth-straight season and the fifth time in seven seasons under head coach Joe Logan.
• Loyola made its second, first game exit under Logan in the MAAC Championships. The team is 5-2 under Logan in the first game of the Championships.
• Katie Sheahin led Loyola in scoring with 15.1 points per game. She also led the team with 102 steals, 34 blocks, and 93 assists.
Scouting the Hawks
• This season, the Hartford women’s basketball team was picked to finish third in the America East Conference.
• The Hawks ended the 2011-12 season, 19-13 overall, and headed to the postseason facing the Syracuse Orange.
• The loss to Syracuse (59-42) marked the eighth straight season Hartford entered the postseason, with three WNIT bids and five trips to the NCAA tournament.
• The Hawks return all but one player from 2012, including all five starters.
• Senior Ruthanne Doherty was named to the preseason All-Conference team. Doherty led the team in scoring last season, averaging 12.8 points in her junior year.
Series with Hartford
• Hartford leads the series 2-0.
• The last meeting of the two teams came on Nov. 19, 2006.
• The 2006 team fell to the Hawks 65-49, despite scoring the first six points of the game.
• The year before, Hartford defeated Loyola 59-52 on a close back-and-forth game between the Greyhounds and the Hawks.
• Loyola kicks off the 2012-13 home season at Reitz Arena against the Maryland Terrapins.
• The Greyhounds are 3-18 overall against the Terrapins.
• The Maryland women’s basketball is ranked fifth in the AP polls for the 2012-13 season.
Women's Basketball Returns To Reitz For...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball opens the month of February with its first home...
Smith's Trey Lifts Women's Basketball Over...
With 1:46 to play in the fourth quarter, graduate student Steph Smith knocked down a 3-point...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball Saturday In ...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball closes out the month of January with its third-stra...
Women's Hoops Outscores Colgate By 15 In Fourth...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball held Colgate University to one field goal in ...
Trip To Hamilton, New York Up Next For Women's ...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball plays in its second of three-straight road games to...
Bucknell Outlasts Women’s Basketball, 71-64
In a game that included nine lead changes and five tied scores, Loyola University Maryland women&...
Bucknell, Women's Basketball Meet Wednesday...
On Wednesday night, Loyola University Maryland women's basketball will take on Bucknell...
Perry Leads Women's Basketball To 63-54 Win...
Senior Jeneh Perry scored a career-high 18 points and added a game-high 17 rebounds to lead the...
Wednesday, Feb 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 7:00 PM Video
Saturday, Feb 13 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Boston, Mass. 2:00 PM Video
Wednesday, Feb 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Reitz Arena 7:00 PM Video Sunday, Feb 21 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Video Wednesday, Feb 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Holy Cross Worcester, Mass. 7:00 PM Live Stats | Video
Saturday, Feb 27 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 4:00 PM Live Stats | Video