Women's Basketball Heads To Hartford To Tip Off The Season
Nov. 7, 2012
|Opponent||The University of Hartford|
|Date||Friday, Nov. 9, 2012|
|Location||West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds finished the 2011-12 season 13-17 overall, and 9-9 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
• The Greyhounds finished fourth in the MAAC, losing to the No. 5 seed Niagara 77-63, in the quarterfinal round of the MAAC Championships at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass.
• The Greyhounds finished .500 or better in conference play for the fourth-straight season and the fifth time in seven seasons under head coach Joe Logan.
• Loyola made its second, first game exit under Logan in the MAAC Championships. The team is 5-2 under Logan in the first game of the Championships.
• Katie Sheahin led Loyola in scoring with 15.1 points per game. She also led the team with 102 steals, 34 blocks, and 93 assists.
Scouting the Hawks
• This season, the Hartford women’s basketball team was picked to finish third in the America East Conference.
• The Hawks ended the 2011-12 season, 19-13 overall, and headed to the postseason facing the Syracuse Orange.
• The loss to Syracuse (59-42) marked the eighth straight season Hartford entered the postseason, with three WNIT bids and five trips to the NCAA tournament.
• The Hawks return all but one player from 2012, including all five starters.
• Senior Ruthanne Doherty was named to the preseason All-Conference team. Doherty led the team in scoring last season, averaging 12.8 points in her junior year.
Series with Hartford
• Hartford leads the series 2-0.
• The last meeting of the two teams came on Nov. 19, 2006.
• The 2006 team fell to the Hawks 65-49, despite scoring the first six points of the game.
• The year before, Hartford defeated Loyola 59-52 on a close back-and-forth game between the Greyhounds and the Hawks.
• Loyola kicks off the 2012-13 home season at Reitz Arena against the Maryland Terrapins.
• The Greyhounds are 3-18 overall against the Terrapins.
• The Maryland women’s basketball is ranked fifth in the AP polls for the 2012-13 season.
Lafayette Shoots Past Women's Basketball To...
The first half included four lead changes and one tied score before Lafayette (14-16, 6-12) used ...
Women's Basketball Set To Embark On First...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will play in the first round of the 2015...
Marshall and Betz-White Named To All-Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball junior Colleen Marshall was named to the All-Patrio...
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Final...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball scored the second half's first nine points to turn ...
Final Women's Basketball Regular-Season Game...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball will make a quick trip south for its final regular-...
Holy Cross Too Much For Women's Basketball
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team dropped a 65-37 contest to College of the ...
Wednesday's Senior Night Closes Out WBB Regular...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will play its final home game of the...
Road Contest Between Women's Basketball And...
Colgate University did not score a single field-goal in the final three minutes of the game, but ...
There are no upcoming events.