Women's Basketball Heads To Hartford To Tip Off The Season
Nov. 7, 2012
|Opponent||The University of Hartford|
|Date||Friday, Nov. 9, 2012|
|Location||West Hartford, Conn. | Chase Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
Last Time Out
• The Greyhounds finished the 2011-12 season 13-17 overall, and 9-9 in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play.
• The Greyhounds finished fourth in the MAAC, losing to the No. 5 seed Niagara 77-63, in the quarterfinal round of the MAAC Championships at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, Mass.
• The Greyhounds finished .500 or better in conference play for the fourth-straight season and the fifth time in seven seasons under head coach Joe Logan.
• Loyola made its second, first game exit under Logan in the MAAC Championships. The team is 5-2 under Logan in the first game of the Championships.
• Katie Sheahin led Loyola in scoring with 15.1 points per game. She also led the team with 102 steals, 34 blocks, and 93 assists.
Scouting the Hawks
• This season, the Hartford women’s basketball team was picked to finish third in the America East Conference.
• The Hawks ended the 2011-12 season, 19-13 overall, and headed to the postseason facing the Syracuse Orange.
• The loss to Syracuse (59-42) marked the eighth straight season Hartford entered the postseason, with three WNIT bids and five trips to the NCAA tournament.
• The Hawks return all but one player from 2012, including all five starters.
• Senior Ruthanne Doherty was named to the preseason All-Conference team. Doherty led the team in scoring last season, averaging 12.8 points in her junior year.
Series with Hartford
• Hartford leads the series 2-0.
• The last meeting of the two teams came on Nov. 19, 2006.
• The 2006 team fell to the Hawks 65-49, despite scoring the first six points of the game.
• The year before, Hartford defeated Loyola 59-52 on a close back-and-forth game between the Greyhounds and the Hawks.
• Loyola kicks off the 2012-13 home season at Reitz Arena against the Maryland Terrapins.
• The Greyhounds are 3-18 overall against the Terrapins.
• The Maryland women’s basketball is ranked fifth in the AP polls for the 2012-13 season.
Women In Sports Day Set For January 31
Loyola University Maryland will host a celebration of women and their contributions to, and...
East Carolina Too Much For Women's Basketball
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team fell behind early and was unable to...
Women's Basketball Welcomes ECU To The...
Loyola University Maryland women's basketball continues its seven-game homestand on Tuesday,...
Women's Basketball Downs Mount St. Mary's For...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team picked up its first win of the 2014-15...
Women's Basketball Hosts Mount St. Mary's In...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team welcomes Mount St. Mary's to Reitz Arena...
Towson Holds Off Women's Basketball Despite...
Loyola University Maryland cut a one-time 19-point Towson University lead to two with less than...
Women's Basketball Opens 2014-15 Home Schedule ...
Loyola will make its 2014-15 home debut on Thursday, Dec. 4, when it hosts Towson University at 7...
Women's Basketball Suffers Road Loss To Pittsburgh
The University of Pittsburgh outscored the Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team 23-...
Monday, Dec 22 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Cornell Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Video Sunday, Dec 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Video Wednesday, Dec 31 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Video Saturday, Jan 3 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point, N.Y. 1:00 PM Wednesday, Jan 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 7:00 PM Saturday, Jan 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Reitz Arena 2:00 PM Video