Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
|Opponent||Boston University Terriers|
|Date||Wednesday, February 28|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
Regular Season Finale
• Wednesday's game will mark the regular-season finale for both Boston University and Loyola.
• The Greyhounds are playing for a chance to earn the No. 6 seed and earn a first-round bye in the upcoming Patriot League Tournament. With a win over the Terriers, the Greyhounds would also need Colgate to beat Lafayette to clinch the sixth seed.
Loyola Greyhounds (8-20, 6-11 Patriot League)
• Isabella Therien has received the League’s Rookie of the Week honor five times in the last seven weeks. She is ranked fourth in the League with 15.1 points per game and is the sixth-ranked freshman in the NCAA in scoring this year.
• Stephanie Karcz is one of three League players averaging a double-double this season, as she’s sixth in scoring (14.8) and second in rebounding (10.5 per game). She also leads the League in steals (3.6 per game), while her 102 steals almost doubles second place (Daizjah Morris, Army West Point, 56). Karcz is also second in assists (3.9).
• Karcz, ranked fifth in the NCAA in steals, recently became the second player at Loyola with 102 steals in a season, as Katie Sheahin set the school record at 118 during the 2010-11 season and then grabbed another 102 the following year.
• Karcz also broke the program’s record for defensive rebounds in a season, grabbing 218 this season. Her 294 total rebounds broke the school record as well.
• Alexis Gray, who broke the program’s single season record for 3-pointers made, is second in the League in 3-point field goals made, knocking down 61 this year.
Boston Terriers (10-17, 5-12 Patriot League)
• Sophie Beaudry is ranked third in the League for blocked shots (1.5).
• Nia Irving is ranked ninth in the League in scoring (13.4) and leads the League in field goal percentage, making 50.7 percent of shots taken.
Tournament Up Next
• The 2018 Patriot League Championships will begin on Saturday, with the No. 7 seed hosting the No. 10 seed and the No. 8 seed hosting the No. 9 seed in first-round action.
• The top-four seeds will host the quarterfinal round on Monday, March 5, while the two remaining top seeds will host the semifinal games on Thursday, March 8.
• The Championship Game will be played Sunday, March 11 at the highest remaining seed.