Senior Day Saturday For Women's Basketball vs. Navy
|Date||Saturday, February 24|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Prior to the start of Saturday's game, seniors CaLee Gelbaugh and Madelene McDonald and senior managers Lizzy Caan and Carly Morris will be honored in a ceremony.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-20, 5-11 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz is one of three League players averaging a double-double this season, as she’s sixth in scoring (14.9) and second in rebounding (10.4 per game). She also leads the League in steals (3.7 per game), while her 101 this season almost doubles second place (Daizjah Morris, Army West Point, 53). Karcz is also third in assists (3.9).
• Karcz, ranked fourth in the NCAA in steals, recently became the second player at Loyola with 100 steals in a season, as Katie Sheahin set the school record at 118 during the 2010-11 season and then grabbed another 102 the following year.
• Karcz also broke the program’s record for defensive rebounds in a season, grabbing 204 this season. Her 280 total rebounds also ranks third in school history.
• Isabella Therien is in the League’s top-ranked rookie in scoring this season, as she’s fourth with 15.0 points per game. She’s also the fifth-ranked freshman in the NCAA in scoring this year.
• Alexis Gray, who broke the program’s single season record for 3-pointers made, is third in the League in 3-point field goals made, knocking down 58 this year.
Navy Midshipmen (22-5, 12-4 Patriot League)
• Taylor Dunham leads Navy and ranks seventh in the Patriot League in scoring, with 14.7 points per game.
• Kaila Clark is the Midshipmen’s top rebounder, checking in fifth in the League with 8.6 boards per game. She also leads the Patriot League with 57 blocks this season.
• Hannah Fenske paces the team with 3.9 assists per game, a total that ranks second in the Patriot League, while she’s third in assist/turnover ratio (1.6).
• Navy leads the all-time series 19-7.
• The Greyhounds have won two of the last six meetings.
• Loyola’s last win against the Midshipmen, was a 44-42 victory on March 7, 2016 at Reitz Arena.
• The Greyhounds’ last win at Alumni Hall came in 2010, when Loyola earned a 59-55 victory over the Midshipmen.
• In the all-time series, six meetings have been decided by four points or less.
• So far this season, Navy won at their home court 73-44.
• When playing in Baltimore, Navy leads 7-5 against Loyola.
• Ashley Hunter led Loyola with a career-high 12 points in its 73-44 loss against Navy earlier this season.
• Navy’s Taylor Dunham led all players with 22 points.
• In the second half of the first quarter, Loyola erased a 14-2 deficit to pull within five, 16-11, but the Mids closed out the quarter with a 19-11 advantage.
• The two teams traded points in the second quarter, leading Navy to a 37-27 lead at halftime.
• The Greyhounds hit foul trouble in the fourth quarter, and Navy went on to win.
• The Greyhounds will close out the regular season on Wednesday when they host Boston University at 7 p.m.
W. Basketball | 5/31/2018
Greyhounds Elite Basketball Camp – June 16
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 03/05/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018