Colgate, Women's Basketball Sunday For Women In Sports Day
|Opponent||Colgate Raiders l Women In Sports Day|
|Date||Sunday, Feb. 21, 2016|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
LOYOLA UNIVERSITY MARYLAND
• Loyola is in its 45th season as a women’s basketball program and its 35th year of competition as an NCAA Division I program. Prior to 1981, the Greyhounds competed in the Mid-Atlantic Region of the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW).
• The 2013-14 season was Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• Prior to joining the League, Loyola was a member of the Northeast Conference for nine seasons (1980-89), before joining the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference in 1989. The Greyhounds posted an overall record of 196-205 in MAAC games and won two MAAC Championships, in 1993 and 1994.
THINGS TO KNOW
• Loyola will host its annual Women In Sports Day event on Sunday when the Greyhounds welcome Colgate University to Reitz Arena. Tipoff is set for 2 p.m., while doors will open at noon in McGuire Hall for Women In Sports Day sign in.
• Senior Colleen Marshall and sophomore Bri Betz-White are averaging double figures in scoring, led by Marshall with 15.4 points per game. She ranks fourth in points per game among Patriot League competitors and 12th in 3-point field goals made (1.5). Betz-White is averaging 10.0 points per game, which ranks 16th in the League.
• Marshall has scored in double figures in 13 of the 14 Patriot League games and has grabbed a League-leading 2.7 steals per game in those contests.
• Throughout the season, Betz-White has shot 76.5 percent from the free-throw line, which ranks fifth in the Patriot League.
• Senior Jeneh Perry is grabbing a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game, which ranks fifth among League competitors. The veteran forward is second in the Patriot League in offensive rebounds (3.3 per game) and took over as Loyola’s career offensive rebounding leader on Wednesday, Feb. 17, surpassing Patty Stoffey’s record of 247 from 1991-95. Perry enters the game with 252 career offensive rebounds.
SERIES HISTORY VERSUS COLGATE
• Loyola and Colgate will meet for the sixth time on Sunday, as the two teams didn’t meet until the Greyhounds joined the Patriot League in 2013-14.
• The Greyhounds trail in the all-time series, 3-2, but are looking for their second-straight win over the Raiders to tie the series history.
• Earlier this season, Loyola traveled to Hamilton, New York, and defeated the host squad, 65-49, on Cotterell Court.
• In that contest, Loyola held Colgate to one field goal in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Raiders 18-3 in the final 10 minutes.
• In the first year as League foes, the programs split the season series, each winning on the opposing team’s home court.
• Last year, Colgate swept Loyola, winning in Reitz Arena, 72-45, and at home, 54-53.
LAST TIME OUT
• Senior Jeneh Perry broke Loyola’s career record for offensive rebounds Wednesday night, but the Greyhounds fell to Bucknell, 64-42, in Reitz Arena.
• Perry finished the game with six offensive rebounds to move her career total to 252 and pass Patty Stoffey’s record of 247 from 1991-95.
• Bucknell opened the contest using a 14-2 run to lead by double digits and close out the first quarter with a 12-point lead, 20-8.
• In the following quarter, Loyola outscored the Bison 17-10 and pulled within five, 30-25, at the half, but Bucknell came back and held the Greyhounds to less than 10 points in each of the following two quarters to pull out the victory.
• Senior Colleen Marshall led Loyola with 13 points and eight rebounds, while freshman Courtney Vannoy chipped in a career-high six points.
• Loyola closes out the month of February with a pair of road games, starting with a trip to Holy Cross on Wednesday night at 7 p.m.
Georgetown Uses Second Half To Pull Away From...
The Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball team trailed Georgetown by two at...
Women's Hoops Hosts Georgetown Thursday In...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host Georgetown Thursday in the final...
George Mason Outlasts Women's Basketball
George Mason outscored the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball team 16-8 in the...
Two-Game Homestand For Women's Hoops Begins...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of local opponents to...
Karcz's Career-High 25 Point Leads Women's...
Stephanie Karcz made 11 of 13 shots and scored a career-high 25 points Friday afternoon, leading ...
Dixon, Edwards Sign NLIs To Join Women's...
Taleah Dixon and Laryn Edwards have signed National Letters of Intent and will join the Loyola...
Loyola Athletics Ranks Seventh In NCAA's...
Loyola University Maryland continued its outstanding performance in the NCAA’s Graduation...
Season Begins For Women's Basketball Vs....
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will begin its 47th season on Friday when ...
Saturday, Nov 25 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE William & Mary Williamsburg, Va. 3:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Dec 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Mount St. Mary's Emmitsburg, Md. 1:00 PM Live Stats Wednesday, Dec 6 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE St. Francis Brooklyn Brooklyn, N.Y. 7:00 PM Saturday, Dec 9 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Towson Reitz Arena 1:00 PM Monday, Dec 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Maryland College Park, Md. 6:00 PM Friday, Dec 22 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Delaware Newark, Del. 1:00 PM