Bucknell Comes To Women's Basketball For Play4Kay Pink Game
|Date||Wednesday, February 14, 2018|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Wednesday’s game will be Loyola’s Play4Kay pink game. All proceeds will go to the Kay Yow Cancer Fund and Loyola’s Relay for Life event.
• The Greyhounds are also participating in 2018 Play4Kay Free Throw Challenge. You can support Loyola by pledging for every free throw the Greyhounds make during the month of February by clicking here.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-17, 5-8 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz is one of the two League players averaging a double-double in conference games (14.5 points, 10.7 rebounds), while Isabella Therien ranks seventh in the Patriot League with 14.4 points per game this season.
• For the season, Karcz is sixth in the League in scoring, with 14.5 points per game, first in steals (85) and second in rebounding (10.7 rebounds per game). In League games, Karcz is second in rebounds (10.7), fourth in assists (3.4) and first in steals (3.5).
• Alexis Gray leads the team from beyond the arc and ranks third in the League in 3-point field goal percentage (.373) and 3-point field goals made per game (2.3). She’s three treys away from breaking the program’s single season record.
Bucknell Bison (16-8, 10-3 Patriot League)
• The Bison are looking to continue their six-game winning streak, as they are coming off wins at Holy Cross (71-47), vs. Navy (47-39), vs. Boston University (67-57), at Lafayette (80-57) vs. Lehigh (59-52) and most recently at Colgate (63-42).
• Kate Walker leads Bucknell with 13.3 points and Kaitlyn Slagus leads in rebounds, with 8.1 per game this season.
• Bucknell leads the all-time series, 14-6, and 5-4 when playing in Baltimore.
• The Greyhounds snapped a three-game losing skid with a 68-65 road victory earlier this season.
• Since Loyola joined the Patriot League for the 2013-14 season, Bucknell has won all eight regular-season meetings, as Loyola’s lone victory was in the postseason.
• Loyola’s 68-65 win at Bucknell earlier this season snapped the Bison’s 25-game win streak in Patriot League home games.
• The game had six tied scores and nine lead changes.
• Alexis Gray led the Greyhounds with 17 points, while Stephanie Karcz added 16 points and 16 rebounds, giving her one of her eight double-doubles this season.
• Bucknell’s Kyi Walker led all players with 19 points.
• After continuously knotting the score throughout the first half, Loyola took a 32-30 lead into the halftime.
• The Greyhounds reached a 12-point lead in the beginning of the fourth quarter, 55-43, but the Bison cut their advantage to one at 62-61.
• Gray converted six free throws in the last 20 seconds of the game to seal Loyola’s victory.
• The Greyhounds will close out the road portion of their regular-season schedule, traveling to Colgate (Saturday, 2 p.m.) and Lehigh (Wednesday, Feb. 21, 6 p.m.).
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018