Women's Basketball Hosts Lafayette Saturday For WISD
|Date||Saturday, Feb. 10, 2018|
|Time||WISD: Noon | Tipoff: 2:00 p.m.|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Saturday is Loyola’s annual Women In Sports Day (WISD) game. WISD is free and open to all girls in kindergarten through 8th grade. For more information or to register, click here.
• The Greyhounds are looking to split the season series with Lafayette, as Loyola fell to the Leopards, 65-54, on the road earlier this season.
• Loyola’s Stephanie Karcz and Lafayette’s Natalie Kucowski are two of three League players averaging a double-double this season, while Karcz is the only player also averaging a double-double in League only games.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-16, 5-7 Patriot League)
• Isabella Therien leads the Greyhounds and ranks sixth in the Patriot League with 14.6 points per game this season, while Stephanie Karcz is the only League player averaging a double-double in conference games (14.2 points, 13.3 rebounds).
• For the season, Karcz is seventh in the League in scoring, with 14.5 points per game, and first in rebounding (10.8 rebounds per game) and steals (81).
• In Patriot League games, Karcz is first in rebounds (13.3), assists (4.8) and steals (4.0).
• Alexis Gray leads the team from beyond the arc and ranks second in the League in 3-point field goal percentage (.455) and 3-point field goals made per game (2.7).
Lafayette Leopards (8-14, 4-8 Patriot League)
• The Leopards are looking to break a three-game losing skid, as they are coming off losses to Holy Cross (69-56), Bucknell (80-57) and most recently, at Army (48-39).
• Natalie Kucowski leads Lafayette with 11.5 points and 10.7 rebounds this season.
• Loyola and Lafayette are tied 7-7 in the all-time series.
• The Greyhounds have won four-straight meetings, sweeping both the 2015-16 and 2016-17 meetings.
• Prior to that, Lafayette had won five-consecutive games; all five since Loyola had joined the Patriot League for the 2013-14 season.
• The two squads had also met four times before becoming conference rivals. Lafayette won the inaugural meeting in the 1977-78 season, before Loyola won three-straight in 1994, 1995 and 2003.
• The Leopards won the first game of 2018, 65-54, in Easton, Pennsylvania.
• When playing in Baltimore, Loyola is 3-2 against Lafayette.
• Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points in Loyola’s 65-54 loss at Lafayette earlier this season.
• Ashley Hunter also turned in her first collegiate double-double in the contest, contributing 11 points and 10 rebounds.
• Natalie Kucowski led the Leopards with 18 points.
• Loyola took a 28-25 lead into halftime, but Lafayette took little time evening the score at 28 out of the break.
• The Leopards then rattled off nine-straight points to pull ahead 39-33, and eventually stretched their lead to 59-38.
• Loyola closed the game on a 16-4 run, but it wouldn’t be enough to overcome its deficit.
• Loyola remains home to host Bucknell on Wednesday, Feb. 14 for its Pink Game.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018