Women's Basketball Closes Three-Game Road Trip At American Wednesday
|Date||Wednesday, February 7, 2018|
|Location||Washington, D.C. | Bender Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola earned a season sweep of Holy Cross, winning 77-60 at home and 65-58 on the road, and has earned at least a split of this year’s series with Bucknell, Colgate and Lehigh.
• The Greyhounds are looking to avoid a sweep by American, as the Eagles earned a 71-58 victory at Reitz Arena earlier this season.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-15, 5-6 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz continues to lead the Greyhounds averaging 14.7 points and 10.8 rebounds per game. Karcz is closely followed by teammate Isabella Therien with 14.6 points per game average.
• Karcz ranks first in the Patriot League and eighth in the NCAA for steals, grabbing a total of 79 for an average of 3.6 per game. Karcz is also second in the League and 18th nationally with rebounds at a total of 237.
• Therien joins Karcz in the League’s top-10 scoring leaders, with Karcz ranking fifth and Therien seventh with a total of 323 and 263 points, respectively.
• The Greyhounds have won four of their last five games and completed the season sweep of Holy Cross on Saturday, claiming a 65-58 road win.
American Eagles (18-4, 11-0 Patriot League)
• The Eagles are on a 12-game winning streak this season.
• At an average of 14.6 points per game, Emily Kinneston leads the Eagles in points, while teammate Cecily Carl leads the team in rebounds with an average of 8.0 per game.
• Kinneston is ranked first in assists in the League, averaging 4.2 per game. She is also sixth among the League’s scoring leaders with a total of 322 points.
• American holds an 18-6 advantage in the all-time series with the Greyhounds.
• Loyola swept the 2015 season meetings, but the Eagles won both of the match-ups in 2016-17.
• The Eagles won 66-59 for the first match up in 2018 in Baltimore.
• When playing in Washington D.C., American leads 10-1.
• The Greyhounds earned the win in the inaugural meeting, during the 1976-77 season, but American won the next nine-straight games from the 1977-78 season through the 1984-85 season.
• After a 15-year hiatus, the two programs met again in 2001, with Loyola coming out on top of that contest.
• The Greyhounds won the next match and ultimately won three of the next five before joining the Patriot League.
•American won the first four meetings once the two squads became conference foes, but Loyola earned its first League win in 2015.
• Loyola returns home to host Lafayette for Women In Sports Day (WISD) on Saturday, before welcoming Bucknell to Reitz Arena on Wednesday, Feb. 14 for its Pink Game.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018