Women's Hoops Returns To Action At Holy Cross Saturday
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, Feb. 3|
|Location||Worcester, Mass. | Hart Center|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Saturday’s game will feature the top-three scoring leaders in the Patriot League this year, as Holy Cross’ Lauren Manis leads all players with 18.5 points per game. Teammate Infinity Thomas-Waheed is second, with 16.4 points per game, and Loyola’s Stephanie Karcz is third with a 15.0 scoring average.
• The Greyhounds won this season’s first meeting between the two schools, 77-60. Karcz posted a game-high double-double of 21 points and 19 rebounds in the contest, while Manis led the Crusaders with 18 points.
Loyola Greyhounds (6-15, 4-6 Patriot League)
• Through the first half of Patriot League play, the Greyhounds have earned at least a split of this year’s season series with four teams: Holy Cross, Bucknell, Colgate, Lehigh.
• Stephanie Karcz leads the Greyhounds and ranks ninth in the NCAA with 73 steals and 18th in rebounds, grabbing 223 for a 10.6 per game average. Her team-best 15.0 points per game ranks third in the League, while her points and rebounds averages make her one of just two players in the League averaging a double-double this year.
• Isabella Therien joins Karcz among the League’s top-10 scoring leaders, as she’s the top-ranked rookie, checking in at seventh with 14.3 points per game
• In Patriot League play, Karcz and Therien are ranked fifth and sixth, respectively, with 15.1 and 14.9 scoring averages, respectively. Karcz also leads the League with 13.4 rebounds and 40 steals, while she’s tied for first with 43 assists.
Holy Cross Crusaders (10-11, 5-5 Patriot League)
• Holy Cross boasts the top-two scoring leaders in the Patriot League this year, as Lauren Manis leads all players with 18.5 points per game and Infinity Thomas-Waheed is second in the League with 16.4 points per game.
• Manis also leads the Crusaders with 8.4 rebounds per game and 44 steals.
• Loyola holds a 6-5 lead in the all-time series against Holy Cross.
• The Greyhounds have won five of the last seven meetings, including the last three at Holy Cross.
• When playing in Worcester, Massachusetts, Loyola holds the advantage, 3-1.
• Loyola will remain on the road for a third-straight game, traveling to American on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. contest.
W. Basketball | 2/21/2018
Gray Breaks Program's 3-point Record, Women's Basketball Falls At Lehigh
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Regular-Season Road Schedule Ends For Women's Hoops Wednesday At Lehigh
W. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Therien Earns Fourth Patriot League Rookie Of The Week
W. Basketball | 2/17/2018
Women's Basketball Falls At Colgate
W. Basketball | 02/15/2018
Two-Game Road Trip For Women's Basketball Starts At Colgate Saturday
W. Basketball | 02/14/2018
Therien Hits Career High In Points For Women's Hoops In Loss To Bucknell
W. Basketball | 02/13/2018
Bucknell Comes To Women's Basketball For Play4Kay Pink Game
W. Basketball | 02/10/2018
Gray's Career High Not Enough To Get Women's Basketball Past Lafayette
W. Basketball | 02/09/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Lafayette Saturday For WISD
W. Basketball | 02/07/2018