Women's Hoops Returns To Action At Holy Cross Saturday
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Saturday, Feb. 3|
|Location||Worcester, Mass. | Hart Center|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Saturday’s game will feature the top-three scoring leaders in the Patriot League this year, as Holy Cross’ Lauren Manis leads all players with 18.5 points per game. Teammate Infinity Thomas-Waheed is second, with 16.4 points per game, and Loyola’s Stephanie Karcz is third with a 15.0 scoring average.
• The Greyhounds won this season’s first meeting between the two schools, 77-60. Karcz posted a game-high double-double of 21 points and 19 rebounds in the contest, while Manis led the Crusaders with 18 points.
Loyola Greyhounds (6-15, 4-6 Patriot League)
• Through the first half of Patriot League play, the Greyhounds have earned at least a split of this year’s season series with four teams: Holy Cross, Bucknell, Colgate, Lehigh.
• Stephanie Karcz leads the Greyhounds and ranks ninth in the NCAA with 73 steals and 18th in rebounds, grabbing 223 for a 10.6 per game average. Her team-best 15.0 points per game ranks third in the League, while her points and rebounds averages make her one of just two players in the League averaging a double-double this year.
• Isabella Therien joins Karcz among the League’s top-10 scoring leaders, as she’s the top-ranked rookie, checking in at seventh with 14.3 points per game
• In Patriot League play, Karcz and Therien are ranked fifth and sixth, respectively, with 15.1 and 14.9 scoring averages, respectively. Karcz also leads the League with 13.4 rebounds and 40 steals, while she’s tied for first with 43 assists.
Holy Cross Crusaders (10-11, 5-5 Patriot League)
• Holy Cross boasts the top-two scoring leaders in the Patriot League this year, as Lauren Manis leads all players with 18.5 points per game and Infinity Thomas-Waheed is second in the League with 16.4 points per game.
• Manis also leads the Crusaders with 8.4 rebounds per game and 44 steals.
• Loyola holds a 6-5 lead in the all-time series against Holy Cross.
• The Greyhounds have won five of the last seven meetings, including the last three at Holy Cross.
• When playing in Worcester, Massachusetts, Loyola holds the advantage, 3-1.
• Loyola will remain on the road for a third-straight game, traveling to American on Wednesday for a 7 p.m. contest.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018