Women's Hoops Looks To Carry Momentum Into Sunday's Meeting With Colgate
|Date||Sunday, January 21, 2018|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Reitz Arena|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Loyola is looking to carry momentum from its 68-65 win at Bucknell Wednesday night into its match versus Colgate on Sunday. Bucknell won the 2016-17 Patriot League Championship and was voted as the 2017-18 preseason co-favorites with Army West Point.
• The Greyhounds split last season's series against Colgate, with each team winning its respective home game.
Loyola Greyhounds (4-14, 2-5 Patriot League)
• With 15.3 points and 10.8 rebounds per game, Stephanie Karcz is one of three League players averaging a double-double this season. She’s also one of two averaging double figures in both scoring (16.0) and rebounding (15.0) in the seven League games.
• Karcz and Izzy Therien are ranked fourth and eighth, respectively, in scoring in the Patriot League. Therien has reached double-figures in scoring through 11 of 13 games this season and is the top-ranked freshman in scoring in the League (14.0 ppg).
• Karcz leads the League in steals (3.3 per game) and rebounds (10.5 rpg). She’s posted seven double-doubles this season, including one in five of the last six games games. Against Holy Cross, she turned in a game-high 21 points and a then-career-best 19 rebounds - the most for a Greyhound since Patty Stoffey also had 19 in 1991. She followed it up with 12 points and 21 rebounds - a new NCAA Division I single-game record for the program - against American and is coming off a 16 point, 16 rebound performance in an upset win at preseason favorite Bucknell on Wednesday.
• In seven League games, Karcz leads all players in rebounding (15.0 per game) and steals, with 26. Ashley Hunter is tied for fourth in blocked shots, with nine, while Karcz and Therien are fourth and eighth in scoring, at 16.0 and 14.6 ppg, respectively.
Colgate Raiders (4-14, 0-7 Patriot League)
• Colgate is looking to snap a 10-game losing skid and pick up its first Patriot League win of the season.
• Summer King leads the Raiders with 9.7 points and 6.7 rebounds, while Rachel Thompson has a team-best 18 steals and Nia Ahart leads the squad with 29 assists.
• Loyola and Colgate are tied at four wins each in the all-time series between the two programs.
• The two squads split last season’s meetings, with each team winning their respective home game.
• Loyola has won three of the last four meetings, including the last two at home.
Last Time Out - Down Go The Champs
• Sophomore Alexis Gray knocked down six free throws in the final 20 seconds to seal a 68-65 victory over Bucknell for the Greyhounds on Wednesday, Jan. 17, snapping the Bison’s 25-game win streak against Patriot League foes at Sojka Pavillion.
• Sophomore Stephanie Karcz, freshman Izzy Therien and Gray all turned in 16 points for Loyola, while Karcz also added a game-high 16 rebounds for her fifth double-double in the last six games.
• The win marks the first regular-season victory for Loyola against the Bison since the Greyhounds joined the Patriot League for the 2013-14 season. It’s also Loyola’s second-ever win at Sojka Pavillion, the first since a 56-46 triumph on November 25, 2003, and the first for head coach Joe Logan.
• Bucknell, the 2017 Patriot League Champion, was picked as co-favorites with Army West Point in this year’s Patriot League Preseason Poll.
• Loyola remains home to host Lehigh on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
W. Basketball | 2/21/2018
Gray Breaks Program's 3-point Record, Women's Basketball Falls At Lehigh
W. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Regular-Season Road Schedule Ends For Women's Hoops Wednesday At Lehigh
W. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Therien Earns Fourth Patriot League Rookie Of The Week
W. Basketball | 2/17/2018
Women's Basketball Falls At Colgate
W. Basketball | 02/15/2018
Two-Game Road Trip For Women's Basketball Starts At Colgate Saturday
W. Basketball | 02/14/2018
Therien Hits Career High In Points For Women's Hoops In Loss To Bucknell
W. Basketball | 02/13/2018
Bucknell Comes To Women's Basketball For Play4Kay Pink Game
W. Basketball | 02/10/2018
Gray's Career High Not Enough To Get Women's Basketball Past Lafayette
W. Basketball | 02/09/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Lafayette Saturday For WISD
W. Basketball | 02/07/2018