Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's Basketball Monday Night
Due to the inclement weather conditions expected in and around the Baltimore area through tonight, we are asking fans to stay home and take advantage of the FREE Patriot League Network broadcast.
|Opponent||Holy Cross Crusaders|
|Date||Monday, January 8, 2018|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Monday’s game will be the first of two-straight home games for the Greyhounds.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-12, 0-3 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz and Izzy Therien are ranked fifth and sixth, respectively, in scoring in the Patriot League, while Therien is the top-ranked freshman.
• Karcz also leads the League in steals (3.1 per game) and is third in rebounding (9.4). She’s posted four double-doubles this season, including the last two games.
• Therien has reached double-figures in scoring through eight of the nine games she’s played this season. She turned in a career-best 21 points vs. Army West Point.
• In three Patriot League games, Karcz leads the League in rebounding, with 14.0 per game, and steals, with 11. Ashley Hunter is tied for second in the League in blocked shots, with six, while Therien is ranked seventh in the League in scoring, at 14.3 points per game.
Holy Cross Crusaders (7-7, 2-1 Patriot League)
• Lauren Manis and Infinity Thomas-Waheed are the top-two point scorers in the Patriot League this year, with Manis leading the way at 18.3 points per game and Thomas-Waheed contributing 17.3.
• Manis also leads the team with 8.6 rebounds per game and 32 steals. Manis and Thomas-Waheed share the team lead with nine blocks each, while Madalyn Smith has a team-best 40 assists.
• Holy Cross and Loyola are tied at 5-5 in the all-time series between the two teams.
• Since becoming conference rivals, each team has won five games, with four of the last five meetings going Loyola’s way.
• When playing in Baltimore, Holy Cross holds the advantage, 3-1, including winning last year’s meeting at Reitz Arena, 59-58.
Last Year’s Series
• The two teams met twice in a span of one week last year, with the squads splitting the meetings and both winning their respective road game.
• In the first meeting, at Reitz Arena on Wednesday, Feb. 22, the two teams were tied at 55-55 with 1:41 to play. Holy Cross took a 57-55 lead off of Lauren Manis’ free throws with 38 seconds to go, but Bri Betz-White answered with a 3-pointer to put Loyola ahead 58-57. Former Greyhound Lauren Daugherty blocked Manis’ layup in the final five seconds, but Madelyn Ganser put away the rebound to seal the 59-58 win for the Crusaders.
• One week later, on Wednesday, March 1, the Greyhounds avenged the loss with a 56-37 victory at the Hart Center in Worcester, Massachusettes.
• The Greyhounds will remain home to host American for Field Trip Day on Thursday at 11:30 a.m.
Women's Basketball Travels To Bucknell...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team travels to Bucknell Wednesday night for a ...
Therien Named The Rock Patriot League Women's...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball freshman Izzy Therien has been named The Rock...
Women's Basketball Comes Up Short At Lafayette
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points and junior Ashley Hunter turned in her...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...