Women's Basketball Opens New Year Hosting Army West Point Tuesday
|Opponent||Army West Point Black Knights|
|Date||Tuesday, January 2, 2018|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Tuesday’s contest will be the Greyhounds’ first of the New Year.
• The game will also be the first for Loyola at Reitz Arena since Saturday, Dec. 9.
• Both Army West Point and Loyola are coming off of losses in its Patriot League opener.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-10, 0-1 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fifth in the Patriot League with 14.3 points per game, while she leads the League with 37 steals and is fifth in rebounding, with 8.6 per game.
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring and ninth in the League with 12.6 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through seven of the eight games she’s played this season.
• In conference only games, Ashley Hunter is ranked 15th in the League after contributing a career-high 12 points at Navy on Friday.
Army West Point Black Knights (7-5, 0-1 Patriot League)
• Madison Hovren is one of two Patriot League players averaging double digits in both points and rebounds. Her scoring average of 16.2 ranks third in the League, while she’s ranked second in rebounds, with 10.3 per game.
• Daizjah Morris leads the squad and ranks second in the Patriot League with 28 steals, while Janae McNeal has a team-best 40 assists.
• The Black Knights are ranked second in the Patriot League in scoring margin this season, as they’re outscoring their opponents 9.1 points per game.
• Army West Point leads the all-time series, 9-5, but the two squads split last year’s meetings, with each team winning its respective home game.
• When playing at Reitz Arena, the two teams are tied, 3-3.
• In a series that dates back to 2008, Loyola earned four of the first five wins, but the Black Knights then went on a seven-game win streak once Loyola joined the Patriot League, sweeping each of the 2014, 2015 and 2016 series.
• The Greyhounds earned their first League victory over Army West Point last year.
• Loyola will head to Boston on Friday for an 11 a.m., meeting with Boston University.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018