Women's Basketball Opens New Year Hosting Army West Point Tuesday
|Opponent||Army West Point Black Knights|
|Date||Tuesday, January 2, 2018|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• Tuesday’s contest will be the Greyhounds’ first of the New Year.
• The game will also be the first for Loyola at Reitz Arena since Saturday, Dec. 9.
• Both Army West Point and Loyola are coming off of losses in its Patriot League opener.
Loyola Greyhounds (2-10, 0-1 Patriot League)
• Stephanie Karcz ranks fifth in the Patriot League with 14.3 points per game, while she leads the League with 37 steals and is fifth in rebounding, with 8.6 per game.
• Izzy Therien is second on the team in scoring and ninth in the League with 12.6 points per game. She’s reached double-figures in scoring through seven of the eight games she’s played this season.
• In conference only games, Ashley Hunter is ranked 15th in the League after contributing a career-high 12 points at Navy on Friday.
Army West Point Black Knights (7-5, 0-1 Patriot League)
• Madison Hovren is one of two Patriot League players averaging double digits in both points and rebounds. Her scoring average of 16.2 ranks third in the League, while she’s ranked second in rebounds, with 10.3 per game.
• Daizjah Morris leads the squad and ranks second in the Patriot League with 28 steals, while Janae McNeal has a team-best 40 assists.
• The Black Knights are ranked second in the Patriot League in scoring margin this season, as they’re outscoring their opponents 9.1 points per game.
• Army West Point leads the all-time series, 9-5, but the two squads split last year’s meetings, with each team winning its respective home game.
• When playing at Reitz Arena, the two teams are tied, 3-3.
• In a series that dates back to 2008, Loyola earned four of the first five wins, but the Black Knights then went on a seven-game win streak once Loyola joined the Patriot League, sweeping each of the 2014, 2015 and 2016 series.
• The Greyhounds earned their first League victory over Army West Point last year.
• Loyola will head to Boston on Friday for an 11 a.m., meeting with Boston University.
Women's Basketball Travels To Bucknell...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team travels to Bucknell Wednesday night for a ...
Therien Named The Rock Patriot League Women's...
Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball freshman Izzy Therien has been named The Rock...
Women's Basketball Comes Up Short At Lafayette
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz led all players with 23 points and junior Ashley Hunter turned in her...
Lafayette Hosts Women's Basketball In Sunday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will travel to Easton, Pennsylvania,...
Karcz Breaks Rebound Record In WBB Loss To...
Sophomore Stephanie Karcz broke the Loyola University Maryland women’s basketball program...
Field Trip Day Comes To Reitz Arena Thursday...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host American for Field Trip Day on...
Women's Basketball Downs Holy Cross For First...
Behind a game-high 21 points and a career-best 19 rebounds from sophomore Stephanie Karcz, the...
Holy Cross Comes To Reitz Arena To Face Women's...
The Loyola University Maryland women's basketball team will host a pair of games this week,...