Women's Basketball Celebrates Senior Day With 18-Point Win Over Navy
- Voted the Patriot League Rookie of the Year and featured on the All-Rookie Team, making her one of the Greyhounds to earn major year-end awards from the League office since Loyola joined the Patriot League for the 2013-14 season.
- Earned a League-best six The Rock Patriot League Rookie of the Week honors, including being voted the award winner in six of the last seven weeks of the season
- Scored double digits in 24 of 26 games played, totaling 396 points in her first season for the Greyhounds, marking the most for a Loyola freshman in their rookie season under head coach Joe Logan
- Poured in a personal-best 26 points against Bucknell on February 14, 2018
- Ranked fourth in the league in scoring, averaging 15.2 points per game
- Led all freshmen in the Patriot League and was the sixth-ranked freshman in the NCAA in scoring
- Played four full games and finished the season ranked seventh in the Patriot League in minutes played, and as the second-ranked freshman in the League, averaging 32.6
- Voted Rev. George L. O'Brien award recipient as most valuable player of Holy Cross' Homecoming game on February 3, 2018
- Her 18 points against Cornell in the season opener marked the most for a Greyhound in their freshman debut under head coach Joe Logan and the most for a Loyola rookie since at least 1990 (no records prior to then).
- Four-year varsity letterwinner in basketball and soccer at Cherokee High School in Evesham Township, New Jersey.
- Helped the Chiefs win a share of the Olympic Conference title all four years in basketball.
- Team won the New Jersey Group 4 Sectional, South Jersey and SJIBT Tournament championships in 2016-2017.
- Averaged 20.1 points, 3.0 steals and more than 10 rebounds per game as a senior while shooting 91 percent from the free-throw line. Her points total ranked in the Top 30 of the state. Scored 10 or more points in all but one game.
- Scored the buzzer-beating layup in the Group 4 quarterfinal to send Cherokee to the semifinals.
- Earned All-New Jersey First Team and All-Group 4 First Team honors from NJ.com and was tabbed the Olympic Conference Player of the Year after her senior year.
- As a junior in 2015-2016, averaged 14.8 points, 9.0 rebounds and 3.0 steals per game. Shot 83 percent from the foul line.
- Helped Cherokee advance to the Group 4 Championship Game.
- Picked up All-New Jersey Third Team and All-Group 4 First Team recognition from NJ.com, and she was also named Olympic Conference Player of the Year, after her junior campaign.
- Finished with 12.7-point per game averages in both her freshman (2014-2015) and sophomore (2015-2016) seasons.
- Played AAU Basketball for the Philadelphia Belles Nike Elite, helping her team to the Las Vegas Tournament title in 2015.
- Named an Adam Taliafero Overall Academic and Community Service Award Winner
- Standout soccer player, as well, earning All-Conference and All-South Jersey honors.
- Daughter of Diana and Chris Therien.
- Her father was a 12-year veteran of the National Hockey League with the Philadelphia Flyers and Dallas Stars. The defenseman played in 868 career games, including the playoffs, all but 16 coming with the Flyers. He also helped Canada win the silver medal at the 1994 Winter Olympics in Lillehammer, Norway.
W. Basketball | 4/8/2018
Loyola Mourns The Passing Of Former Coach & Administrator Anne McCloskey
W. Basketball | 3/6/2018
Karcz Named To Six-Member Patriot League All-Academic Team
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Navy Outlasts Women's Basketball In Patriot League Quarterfinals
W. Basketball | 3/5/2018
Therien Earns League-Best Sixth Rookie Of The Week Award
W. Basketball | 03/04/2018
Women's Basketball Heads To Navy To Start Patriot League Championships Monday
W. Basketball | 03/02/2018
Karcz Named Patriot League Defensive Player Of The Year, Therien Rookie Of The Year
W. Basketball | 02/28/2018
Women's Basketball Secures No. 6 Seed In Tournament With Win Over BU
W. Basketball | 02/27/2018
Women's Basketball Hosts Boston University In Regular-Season Finale Wednesday
W. Basketball | 02/26/2018
Therien Picks Up Fifth Patriot League Rookie Honor In Last Seven Weeks
W. Basketball | 02/24/2018