Loyola Heads To Disney To Face Manhattan In MAAC Champs
Nov. 2, 2011
|Opponent||Manhattan - MAAC Championships|
|Date||Friday, November 4, 2011|
|Location||Lake Buena Vista, Fla. | ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Loyola is making its league-leading 24th-straight appearance in the MAAC Championship.
• The Greyhounds earned the third seed and a first-round bye for the 2011 MAAC Championships at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at the Disney Complex by finishing with a 5-3-1 conference record.
• Loyola will face Manhattan in the quarterfinals on Friday at 11 a.m.
• Manhattan earned the six seed after finishing the regular season with a 3-5-1 MAAC record.
• Loyola owns a 31-10 record at the MAAC Championships and has claimed 12 tournament titles.
• The Greyhounds won the tournament in 1989-96, 2001-02, 2007 and 2009.
• When playing at Disney, Loyola holds a 7-2 record, winning the 2007 conference championship.
• The winner of this year’s tournament will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Championships.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with seven goals and 18 points this year, while Stephen Dooley has six goals, four assists and 16 points.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is allowing 0.93 goals per game, while stopping .792 percent of shots faced.
• Trevor Chiduku leads Manhattan with two goals - both game winners - and an assist this year, while nine Jaspers have contributed to the attack.
• In goal, George Ellis is allowing 1.47 goals per game, while stopping .807 percent of shots faced.
ESPN3 To Broadcast MAAC Championships
• Five of the nine games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be shown live on ESPN3.
• The two semifinal contests (Sunday, Nov. 6) and the championship game (Monday, Nov. 7) will be aired, in addition to two quarterfinal match-ups on Friday, Nov. 4.
• The Greyhounds will need to advance to the semifinal round to pick up ESPN3 coverage.
• The last time Loyola was on an ESPN network was in 2009 when the Greyhounds won their 12th MAAC title. Loyola knocked off Niagara, 1-0, in double overtime on ESPNU.
• The winner of Friday's game will advance to Sunday's semifinal round.
• That game will be played at 1:30 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
Men's Soccer Falls At Colgate, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Colgate, 1-0, Saturday afternoon...
Men's Soccer Falls At Bucknell In Rain-Soak...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Bucknell, 5-0, in a rain-soaked...
Men's Soccer Travels To Bucknell Wednesday,...
The Loyola men's soccer team has a pair of road games this week, as the Greyhounds travel to...
There are no upcoming events.