Loyola Heads To Disney To Face Manhattan In MAAC Champs
Nov. 2, 2011
|Opponent||Manhattan - MAAC Championships|
|Date||Friday, November 4, 2011|
|Location||Lake Buena Vista, Fla. | ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Loyola is making its league-leading 24th-straight appearance in the MAAC Championship.
• The Greyhounds earned the third seed and a first-round bye for the 2011 MAAC Championships at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at the Disney Complex by finishing with a 5-3-1 conference record.
• Loyola will face Manhattan in the quarterfinals on Friday at 11 a.m.
• Manhattan earned the six seed after finishing the regular season with a 3-5-1 MAAC record.
• Loyola owns a 31-10 record at the MAAC Championships and has claimed 12 tournament titles.
• The Greyhounds won the tournament in 1989-96, 2001-02, 2007 and 2009.
• When playing at Disney, Loyola holds a 7-2 record, winning the 2007 conference championship.
• The winner of this year’s tournament will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Championships.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with seven goals and 18 points this year, while Stephen Dooley has six goals, four assists and 16 points.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is allowing 0.93 goals per game, while stopping .792 percent of shots faced.
• Trevor Chiduku leads Manhattan with two goals - both game winners - and an assist this year, while nine Jaspers have contributed to the attack.
• In goal, George Ellis is allowing 1.47 goals per game, while stopping .807 percent of shots faced.
ESPN3 To Broadcast MAAC Championships
• Five of the nine games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be shown live on ESPN3.
• The two semifinal contests (Sunday, Nov. 6) and the championship game (Monday, Nov. 7) will be aired, in addition to two quarterfinal match-ups on Friday, Nov. 4.
• The Greyhounds will need to advance to the semifinal round to pick up ESPN3 coverage.
• The last time Loyola was on an ESPN network was in 2009 when the Greyhounds won their 12th MAAC title. Loyola knocked off Niagara, 1-0, in double overtime on ESPNU.
• The winner of Friday's game will advance to Sunday's semifinal round.
• That game will be played at 1:30 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Non-Conference Matchup At Pittsburgh Next For...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will travel to Pittsburgh for a Tuesday night...
UConn Too Much For Men's Soccer
Sophomore Matt Bautista netted his first career goal, but the Loyola University Maryland men̵...
Three-Game Road Swing Begins For MSOC Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team begins its three-game road swing Saturday when...
High Point Escapes With Late Win Over Men's Soccer
High Point University converted a penalty kick in the 84th minute and added an insurance goal in ...
Men's Soccer Hosts High Point In First...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team hosts High Point Saturday in the first meeting...
Men's Soccer Earns First Win, Hands George...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team used an early goal by Brian Saramago and a...
Men's Soccer Set To Host George Washington...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will host a pair of games at home this week,...
Saramago Scores But Men's Soccer Falls At Old...
Freshman Brian Saramago netted his first collegiate goal, but the Loyola University Maryland men&...
Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Oct 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 3:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Tuesday, Oct 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE St. John's Queens, N.Y. 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 22 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 7:00 PM Video