Loyola Heads To Disney To Face Manhattan In MAAC Champs
Nov. 2, 2011
|Opponent||Manhattan - MAAC Championships|
|Date||Friday, November 4, 2011|
|Location||Lake Buena Vista, Fla. | ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Loyola is making its league-leading 24th-straight appearance in the MAAC Championship.
• The Greyhounds earned the third seed and a first-round bye for the 2011 MAAC Championships at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at the Disney Complex by finishing with a 5-3-1 conference record.
• Loyola will face Manhattan in the quarterfinals on Friday at 11 a.m.
• Manhattan earned the six seed after finishing the regular season with a 3-5-1 MAAC record.
• Loyola owns a 31-10 record at the MAAC Championships and has claimed 12 tournament titles.
• The Greyhounds won the tournament in 1989-96, 2001-02, 2007 and 2009.
• When playing at Disney, Loyola holds a 7-2 record, winning the 2007 conference championship.
• The winner of this year’s tournament will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Championships.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with seven goals and 18 points this year, while Stephen Dooley has six goals, four assists and 16 points.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is allowing 0.93 goals per game, while stopping .792 percent of shots faced.
• Trevor Chiduku leads Manhattan with two goals - both game winners - and an assist this year, while nine Jaspers have contributed to the attack.
• In goal, George Ellis is allowing 1.47 goals per game, while stopping .807 percent of shots faced.
ESPN3 To Broadcast MAAC Championships
• Five of the nine games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be shown live on ESPN3.
• The two semifinal contests (Sunday, Nov. 6) and the championship game (Monday, Nov. 7) will be aired, in addition to two quarterfinal match-ups on Friday, Nov. 4.
• The Greyhounds will need to advance to the semifinal round to pick up ESPN3 coverage.
• The last time Loyola was on an ESPN network was in 2009 when the Greyhounds won their 12th MAAC title. Loyola knocked off Niagara, 1-0, in double overtime on ESPNU.
• The winner of Friday's game will advance to Sunday's semifinal round.
• That game will be played at 1:30 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Soccer Alumni Inducted To Maryland Soccer Hall ...
The Old Timers Soccer Association of Maryland is inducting its 42nd Hall of Fame class and this...
Men's Soccer Signs First-Ever Nationally Ranked...
Head coach Steve Nichols has put together the Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports’ Patriot...
Marchiano Hired As Manager Of Baltimore Bohemians
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer assistant coach Michael Marchiano has been hired as the...
Men's Soccer Alumni Weekend, Golf Outing Set...
Loyola Men's Soccer Head Coach Steve Nichols '92 invites all alumni, friends and family back to...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Friday, Aug 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE La Salle Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Monday, Aug 29 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Loretto, Pa. 1:00 PM Friday, Sept 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Old Dominion Norfolk, Va. 7:00 PM Wednesday, Sept 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE High Point Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UConn Storrs, Conn. 7:00 PM