Loyola Heads To Disney To Face Manhattan In MAAC Champs
Nov. 2, 2011
|Opponent||Manhattan - MAAC Championships|
|Date||Friday, November 4, 2011|
|Location||Lake Buena Vista, Fla. | ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Loyola is making its league-leading 24th-straight appearance in the MAAC Championship.
• The Greyhounds earned the third seed and a first-round bye for the 2011 MAAC Championships at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at the Disney Complex by finishing with a 5-3-1 conference record.
• Loyola will face Manhattan in the quarterfinals on Friday at 11 a.m.
• Manhattan earned the six seed after finishing the regular season with a 3-5-1 MAAC record.
• Loyola owns a 31-10 record at the MAAC Championships and has claimed 12 tournament titles.
• The Greyhounds won the tournament in 1989-96, 2001-02, 2007 and 2009.
• When playing at Disney, Loyola holds a 7-2 record, winning the 2007 conference championship.
• The winner of this year’s tournament will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Championships.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with seven goals and 18 points this year, while Stephen Dooley has six goals, four assists and 16 points.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is allowing 0.93 goals per game, while stopping .792 percent of shots faced.
• Trevor Chiduku leads Manhattan with two goals - both game winners - and an assist this year, while nine Jaspers have contributed to the attack.
• In goal, George Ellis is allowing 1.47 goals per game, while stopping .807 percent of shots faced.
ESPN3 To Broadcast MAAC Championships
• Five of the nine games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be shown live on ESPN3.
• The two semifinal contests (Sunday, Nov. 6) and the championship game (Monday, Nov. 7) will be aired, in addition to two quarterfinal match-ups on Friday, Nov. 4.
• The Greyhounds will need to advance to the semifinal round to pick up ESPN3 coverage.
• The last time Loyola was on an ESPN network was in 2009 when the Greyhounds won their 12th MAAC title. Loyola knocked off Niagara, 1-0, in double overtime on ESPNU.
• The winner of Friday's game will advance to Sunday's semifinal round.
• That game will be played at 1:30 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
Men's Soccer Falls At Colgate, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Colgate, 1-0, Saturday afternoon...
Men's Soccer Falls At Bucknell In Rain-Soak...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Bucknell, 5-0, in a rain-soaked...
Men's Soccer Travels To Bucknell Wednesday,...
The Loyola men's soccer team has a pair of road games this week, as the Greyhounds travel to...
Men's Soccer Unable To Overcome First-Half Goal...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team gave up a late first-half goal and was...
Men's Soccer Welcomes Army West Point To...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will close out its schedule with four-straight...
Saling's Hat Trick Gets Men's Soccer Last-Minut...
Freshman Xander Saling scored his first career goal and finished with a hat trick to lead the...
There are no upcoming events.