Loyola Heads To Disney To Face Manhattan In MAAC Champs
Nov. 2, 2011
|Opponent||Manhattan - MAAC Championships|
|Date||Friday, November 4, 2011|
|Location||Lake Buena Vista, Fla. | ESPN Wide World of Sports at Disney|
|Online Media||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Game Notes||Complete Game Notes in PDF Format|
• Loyola is making its league-leading 24th-straight appearance in the MAAC Championship.
• The Greyhounds earned the third seed and a first-round bye for the 2011 MAAC Championships at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports at the Disney Complex by finishing with a 5-3-1 conference record.
• Loyola will face Manhattan in the quarterfinals on Friday at 11 a.m.
• Manhattan earned the six seed after finishing the regular season with a 3-5-1 MAAC record.
• Loyola owns a 31-10 record at the MAAC Championships and has claimed 12 tournament titles.
• The Greyhounds won the tournament in 1989-96, 2001-02, 2007 and 2009.
• When playing at Disney, Loyola holds a 7-2 record, winning the 2007 conference championship.
• The winner of this year’s tournament will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Championships.
• Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with seven goals and 18 points this year, while Stephen Dooley has six goals, four assists and 16 points.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman is allowing 0.93 goals per game, while stopping .792 percent of shots faced.
• Trevor Chiduku leads Manhattan with two goals - both game winners - and an assist this year, while nine Jaspers have contributed to the attack.
• In goal, George Ellis is allowing 1.47 goals per game, while stopping .807 percent of shots faced.
ESPN3 To Broadcast MAAC Championships
• Five of the nine games at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be shown live on ESPN3.
• The two semifinal contests (Sunday, Nov. 6) and the championship game (Monday, Nov. 7) will be aired, in addition to two quarterfinal match-ups on Friday, Nov. 4.
• The Greyhounds will need to advance to the semifinal round to pick up ESPN3 coverage.
• The last time Loyola was on an ESPN network was in 2009 when the Greyhounds won their 12th MAAC title. Loyola knocked off Niagara, 1-0, in double overtime on ESPNU.
• The winner of Friday's game will advance to Sunday's semifinal round.
• That game will be played at 1:30 p.m., and will be broadcast live on ESPN3.
Twelve Newcomers Join Men's Soccer Program As...
Loyola University Maryland head men’s soccer coach Steve Nichols announced that 12...
Men's Soccer Unveils 8-Game Home Slate, 2015...
Loyola University Maryland will host eight men’s soccergames at Ridley Athletic as part of ...
Sanchez To Start Play In Olympic Qualifying For...
Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer junior-to-be Matt Sanchez is slated to be the...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Sanchez To Make Debut With Puerto Rican...
Loyola University Maryland's men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez is projected to make the start ...
Men's Soccer To Hold Open Tryouts Saturday,...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will hold open tryouts for all interested and...
Men's Soccer Spring Schedule Features Four Home...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will have five contests and an alumni game this ...
62 Students Named To Fall Patriot League Honor ...
Loyola University Maryland had 62 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic Honor...
Saturday, Sept 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Old Dominion Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Tuesday, Sept 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Duke Durham, N.C. 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 12 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Washington, D.C. 1:00 PM Saturday, Sept 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 8:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Tuesday, Sept 29 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. 7:00 PM