Men's Soccer Travels To Rider For Regular-Season Finale
Oct. 30, 2012
|Date||Friday, November 2, 2012|
|Location||Lawrenceville, New Jersey | Ben Cohen Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• With a 3-2 double-overtime victory over Saint Peter’s Friday night, Loyola clinched a spot in the upcoming MAAC Tournament for a league-best 24th-straight year.
• Iona, Niagara and Siena have also clinched spots in the four-team tournament.
• Twelve different Greyhounds have contributed to the offense this season, including eight that have scored goals. • Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the way - and is the top-ranked freshman in the NCAA and sits eighth overall - with 13 goals this year. He is also ranked 10th nationally with 29 points, and is again the top-ranked freshman in the category.
• Junior Stephen Dooley is second on the team with 18 points on six goals and six assists, while sophomore Connor Thompson has 17 points on six goals and five assists.
• Senior Kevin Curran leads the MAAC with seven assists.
• In goal, Thurman Van Riper is ranked second in the MAAC with a 0.91 goals-against average and a .817 save percentage. He also leads the league with 6.1 shutouts, including 3.1 in MAAC play.
• The Broncs (3-13-1, 2-5-1 MAAC) are looking to snap a four-game losing skid.
• Dave Benavidez leads the way with four goals, while Brendan Noesges has three assists.
• In goal, Matt Perrella and Jason Giordano have split time. Perrella has played 972 minutes, posting a 1.85 goals-against average and 58 saves. Giordano has played 600 minutes and is at a 2.85 GAA w ith 32 saves.
Series Vs. The Broncs
• Loyola is looking to extend its seven-game win streak against the Broncs.
• The Greyhounds hold a 20-6-1 all-time record against Rider.
• Loyola edged the Broncs last year 1-0 at the Ridley Athletic Complex in Baltimore.
• After dropping their first MAAC contest at Niagara, the Greyhounds have responded to win seven straight, their longest win streak since winning 13 consecutive in 2008.
• The Greyhounds have continually moved up the North Atlantic Region rankings this year, beginning the season tied for 10th and now sit second - behind Niagara.
• Tied with Central Connecticut State and New Jersey Institute of Technology for 10th place in the first week, Loyola improved to sixth place in the second week’s rankings and then jumped to fourth in the third week, a ranking they held for three weeks.
• In the most recent poll, the Greyhounds moved into second after sitting third for three-straight weeks.
• The Greyhounds have beaten Siena, Canisius, Saint Francis (Pa.) and Quinnipiac this year, all teams ranked in this week’s North Atlantic Region ranking.
• Freshman Larry Ndjock is the top-ranked freshman in the NCAA in goals per game and total points, while ranking in the top-10 of both categories. Ndjock's 13 goals ranks eighth nationally, while his 29 points is 10th.
• Ndjock is also ranked 17th nationally with 1.71 points per game and 10th with 0.76 goals per game.
• Senior Kevin Curran is currently ranked 28th nationally with seven assists, while junior Thurman Van Riper sits 28th with an .817 save percentage.
• Van Riper also ranks 30th in the NCAA with 76 saves this year and is 46th with a 0.91 goals-against average.
• As a team, the Greyhounds are ranked 13th nationally with 34 assists this year, while they are 20th with 98 points and 26th with 32 goals.
• Defensively, Loyola ranks 23rd with an 0.827 save percentage.
• Loyola will travel to Poughkeepsie, N.Y., to compete in the 2012 MAAC Championships.
• The tournament will be held at Marist with the semifinals being played on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 7/9 p.m. and the championship game scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m.
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
Men's Soccer Falls At Colgate, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Colgate, 1-0, Saturday afternoon...
Men's Soccer Falls At Bucknell In Rain-Soak...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Bucknell, 5-0, in a rain-soaked...
Men's Soccer Travels To Bucknell Wednesday,...
The Loyola men's soccer team has a pair of road games this week, as the Greyhounds travel to...
There are no upcoming events.