Men's Soccer Travels To Rider For Regular-Season Finale
Oct. 30, 2012
|Date||Friday, November 2, 2012|
|Location||Lawrenceville, New Jersey | Ben Cohen Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• With a 3-2 double-overtime victory over Saint Peter’s Friday night, Loyola clinched a spot in the upcoming MAAC Tournament for a league-best 24th-straight year.
• Iona, Niagara and Siena have also clinched spots in the four-team tournament.
• Twelve different Greyhounds have contributed to the offense this season, including eight that have scored goals. • Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the way - and is the top-ranked freshman in the NCAA and sits eighth overall - with 13 goals this year. He is also ranked 10th nationally with 29 points, and is again the top-ranked freshman in the category.
• Junior Stephen Dooley is second on the team with 18 points on six goals and six assists, while sophomore Connor Thompson has 17 points on six goals and five assists.
• Senior Kevin Curran leads the MAAC with seven assists.
• In goal, Thurman Van Riper is ranked second in the MAAC with a 0.91 goals-against average and a .817 save percentage. He also leads the league with 6.1 shutouts, including 3.1 in MAAC play.
• The Broncs (3-13-1, 2-5-1 MAAC) are looking to snap a four-game losing skid.
• Dave Benavidez leads the way with four goals, while Brendan Noesges has three assists.
• In goal, Matt Perrella and Jason Giordano have split time. Perrella has played 972 minutes, posting a 1.85 goals-against average and 58 saves. Giordano has played 600 minutes and is at a 2.85 GAA w ith 32 saves.
Series Vs. The Broncs
• Loyola is looking to extend its seven-game win streak against the Broncs.
• The Greyhounds hold a 20-6-1 all-time record against Rider.
• Loyola edged the Broncs last year 1-0 at the Ridley Athletic Complex in Baltimore.
• After dropping their first MAAC contest at Niagara, the Greyhounds have responded to win seven straight, their longest win streak since winning 13 consecutive in 2008.
• The Greyhounds have continually moved up the North Atlantic Region rankings this year, beginning the season tied for 10th and now sit second - behind Niagara.
• Tied with Central Connecticut State and New Jersey Institute of Technology for 10th place in the first week, Loyola improved to sixth place in the second week’s rankings and then jumped to fourth in the third week, a ranking they held for three weeks.
• In the most recent poll, the Greyhounds moved into second after sitting third for three-straight weeks.
• The Greyhounds have beaten Siena, Canisius, Saint Francis (Pa.) and Quinnipiac this year, all teams ranked in this week’s North Atlantic Region ranking.
• Freshman Larry Ndjock is the top-ranked freshman in the NCAA in goals per game and total points, while ranking in the top-10 of both categories. Ndjock's 13 goals ranks eighth nationally, while his 29 points is 10th.
• Ndjock is also ranked 17th nationally with 1.71 points per game and 10th with 0.76 goals per game.
• Senior Kevin Curran is currently ranked 28th nationally with seven assists, while junior Thurman Van Riper sits 28th with an .817 save percentage.
• Van Riper also ranks 30th in the NCAA with 76 saves this year and is 46th with a 0.91 goals-against average.
• As a team, the Greyhounds are ranked 13th nationally with 34 assists this year, while they are 20th with 98 points and 26th with 32 goals.
• Defensively, Loyola ranks 23rd with an 0.827 save percentage.
• Loyola will travel to Poughkeepsie, N.Y., to compete in the 2012 MAAC Championships.
• The tournament will be held at Marist with the semifinals being played on Thursday, Nov. 8 at 7/9 p.m. and the championship game scheduled for Sunday, Nov. 10 at 8 p.m.
Men's Soccer And Lafayette Play To Double-Overt...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team played to a double-overtime scoreless draw...
Men's Soccer Returns To Patriot League Play,...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will return to Patriot League play on Saturday...
Rutgers Too Much For Men's Soccer In Midweek...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Rutgers, 8-0, at Yurcak Field...
Rutgers Hosts Men's Soccer In Tuesday Night...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will travel to Rutgers for a Tuesday night game ...
Men's Soccer Falls At Navy In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell at Navy, 1-0, in the Patriot League...
Patriot League Opener Sends MSOC To Navy For...
The Loyola men's soccer team will face Navy in the second game of a Loyola-Navy soccer...
Men’s And Women’s Soccer Earn NSCAA...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer teams were among 859 college ...
Greyhounds Give Up First-Half Goal, Men's...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team gave up a first-half goal to George...
Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Boston, Mass. 1:00 PM Live Video Saturday, Oct 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 7:00 PM Tuesday, Oct 20 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Drexel Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Wednesday, Oct 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Lewisburg, Pa. 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 31 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Colgate Hamilton, N.Y. 4:00 PM