American Visits Ridley For Men's Soccer Match Wednesday
Oct. 29, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 30, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds have hit a rough patch since then though, and are still looking for their first Patriot League victory. Loyola earned its first conference point with a tie at Colgate.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock leads the Patriot League with 0.73 goals and 1.45 points per game, while senior Stephen Dooley is second in the league with six assists
• Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
American University Eagles
• American was selected as the favorite in the Preseason Patriot League Poll and currently ranks fourth.
• The Eagles, winless through their last five contests, are coming off a pair of double-overtime scoreless draws against West Virginia and Lafayette at home.
• Joe Iraola leads American with four goals this year, tying him for seventh in the Patriot League, while Michael Cherry and Dale Ludwig also rank tied for sixth in the league with three assists.
• In goal, Billy Knutsen is fourth in the Patriot League with an 0.87 goals-against average and .836 save percentage. He also ranks second with 61 saves.
• American is Loyola's most storied rival in the Patriot League, as the two programs have met 38 times.
• The Greyhounds hold the advantage, 22-13-4, and won last year's meeting, 2-0, in Washington, D.C.
• Under head coach Mark Mettrick, Loyola is 3-4 against American.
• Loyola will head on the road for its final regular-season road game at Navy on Saturday.
• Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
Men's Soccer Falls At Colgate, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Colgate, 1-0, Saturday afternoon...
Men's Soccer Falls At Bucknell In Rain-Soak...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Bucknell, 5-0, in a rain-soaked...
Men's Soccer Travels To Bucknell Wednesday,...
The Loyola men's soccer team has a pair of road games this week, as the Greyhounds travel to...
There are no upcoming events.