Men's Soccer Heads To Boston For Key Patriot League Contest
Oct. 24, 2013
|Date||Saturday, October 26, 2013|
|Location||Boston, Massachusetts | Nickerson Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds have hit a rough patch since then though, and are still looking for their first Patriot League victory. Loyola earned its first conference point with a tie at Colgate.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
Boston University Terriers
• Boston University, also an inaugural member of the Patriot League, earned its first league victory with a 1-0 win over Lehigh on Saturday, Oct. 12.
• The Terriers are 1-4-0 in the conference this season.
• Lucas McBride leads the offense with three goals, while Dominique Badji, Felix De Bona, Jeroen Blugh have each scored twice.
• Anthony Ciccone leads the team with four assists.
• In goal, Matt Gilbert has played 1,006 minutes and has posted a 1.07 goals-against average to go with a .806 save percentage.
• This will be the second meeting between the Greyhounds and Terriers in the all time series.
• Loyola head coach Mark Mettrick has never faced
• Loyola will return home for a mid-week tilt with American.
• The Greyhounds will take on the Eagles on Wednesday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m.
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports’ Patriot...
Marchiano Hired As Manager Of Baltimore Bohemians
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer assistant coach Michael Marchiano has been hired as the...
Men's Soccer Alumni Weekend, Golf Outing Set...
Loyola Men's Soccer Head Coach Steve Nichols '92 invites all alumni, friends and family back to...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
There are no upcoming events.