Oct. 24, 2012
• Loyola will honor its six seniors whose eligibility will expire at the end of this season - Hector Arellano, Kevin Curran, Greg DiNardo, Gerwyn Jones, Zach Tweddell and Gary Weisbaum - in a pregame ceremony on Sunday against Manhattan.
• This group hails from three different countries - America, England and Wales - and three different states - Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia.
• They were members of the 2009 squad that advanced to the NCAA Tournament and won the MAAC Championship.
• Twelve different Greyhounds have contributed to the offense this season, including eight that have scored goals.
• Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the way - and is ranked second in the MAAC - with 10 goals and 23 points this season. In conference play, Ndjock has contributed four goals.
• Junior Stephen Dooley is second on the team with 15 points on five goals and five assists, while sophomore Connor Thompson leads the MAAC with five assists.
• In goal, Thurman Van Riper is ranked second in the MAAC with a 0.91 goals-against average, 66 saves and a .815 save percentage. He also leads the league with six shutouts, including three in MAAC play.
Saint Peter’s Peacocks
• Saint Peter’s brings a 4-10-0 record into the weekend, but a 2-3-0 mark in MAAC play.
• Noah Sadaoui has nine goals and 19 points, this year while Betim Bajrami has three assists.
• In goal, Carlos Suarez is allowing 1.85 goals per game and stopping 71.8 percent of shots.
Series Vs. The Peacocks
• Loyola has earned a 24-6-1 advantage in the all-time series with Saint Peter’s
• Last season, the Greyhounds downed the Peacocks, 2-0, in Jersey City, N.J.
• Manhattan is 2-11-1 this year and 1-4 in the league, but will face Rider Friday night.
• Tommy Amos leads Manhattan with four goals this season.
• In goal, George Ellis is allowing 2.41 goals per game and has stopped 68.5 percent of shots faced.
Series With The Jaspers
• Loyola holds a commanding lead in the series against Manhattan, 21-2-2.
• In the most recent match-up though, the Greyhounds were edged by the Jaspers, 1-0, in the first round of the 2011 MAAC Tournament at the ESPN Wide World of Sports.
• In last year’s regular-season meeting, Loyola earned a 3-0 win in Riverdale, N.Y.
• The Greyhounds will close out regular-season play at Rider on Saturday, Nov. 2, at 7 p.m.
The Last Meeting
October 9, 2011
Jersey City, N.J.
The Last Meeting
November 4, 2011
Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Loyola Concludes Season With 1-0 Loss To Manhattan
Trevor Chiduku scored the game's only goal for Manhattan College, and the sixth-seeded Jaspers defeated No. 3 seed Loyola, 1-0, in the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference quarterfinals on Friday afternoon.