Oct. 19, 2011
Senior Day Sunday
• Wade McHugh is Loyola’s lone seniors that will be honored for Senior Day on Sunday.
• McHugh (McDonogh School) and graduate senior Kyle Wittman (Calvert Hall) were once high school rivals and will be the only two Greyhounds exhausting their eligibility this year.
• The duo has helped Loyola to a 46-21-7 overall record in the past four years, including a 23-6-3 record in MAAC play and a 24-10-3 record at home.
• They also captured both a MAAC regular season (‘08) and tournament (‘09) title and have made two trips in the NCAA Tournament (‘08, ‘09). Wittman redshirted the 2007 season when Loyola advanced to NCAAs.
• Loyola enters the weekend with an overall record of 8-4-1 and a 3-2 mark in conference play.
• The Greyhounds’ defense enters the weekend as one of the top in the MAAC this season, ranking first in goals allowed (11), GAA (0.85) and shutouts (7).
• Offensively, Geaton Caltabiano leads the Greyhounds with five goals and 14 points this year, ranking fifth in the league with 1.08 points per game and five goals.
• Stephen Dooley also ranks in the MAAC, sitting eighth with 0.92 points and 0.31 goals per game.
• In goal, Kyle Wittman leads the MAAC with seven shutouts and a 0.85 GAA. He’s second in save percentage, stopping .828 percent of shots faced.
• Canisius enters the weekend with an overall record of 3-10-1 and a 1-4-1 mark in the MAAC.
• The Griffs are led by Sam Zarka and Jared Ott, who have each registered two goals.
• In goal, Ryan Arvin and Kareem Gray have split time, with Arvin posting a 1.24 goals-against average and Gray at 2.18. Arvin has stopped .771 percent of shots faced, while Gray has stopped 69.1.
Niagara Purple Eagles
• Niagara enters the weekend with a 7-4-3 overall record and a 2-2-2 mark in conference play.
• The Purple Eagles will play at Rider on Friday before coming to Baltimore on Sunday.
• Carl Haworth leads the league in points per game (1.77) and goals (8), while he is ranked second in assists (7).
• Brett Petricek leads the MAAC in saves (63) and save percentage (.829) and is third in GAA (0.94).
• Loyola will wrap up its regular season with a trip to Siena and Marist next weekend.
• The Greyhounds will face the Saints on Friday at 3 p.m., before taking on the Red Foxes at 1 p.m. on Sunday.