Greyhounds Head To Lehigh For Men's Soccer Match-Up
Oct. 16, 2013
|Opponent||Lehigh Mountain Hawks|
|Date||Saturday, October 19, 2013|
|Location||Bethlehem, Pennsylvania | Ulrich Sports Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds have hit a rough patch since then though, and are still looking for their first Patriot League win. Loyola earned its first conference point with a tie at Colgate.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
Lehigh Mountain Hawks
• Lehigh enters the weekend looking for its first Patriot League victory. The Mountain Hawks are also looking to break a six-game losing streak.
• Four of Lehigh’s losses have been by one goal.
• Ben Wysocki and Danny Gonzalez are the lone Mountain Hawks with goals this season. Wysocki leads the team with three points on one goal and one assist.
• In goal, Kevin Motylewski and Jacob Gottwald have split time, with Motylewski recording Lehigh’s lone win, a 1-0 decision vs. Yale.
• Motylewski is allowing 1.45 goals per game, while he has stopped 16 shots for a .640 save percentage. Gottwald is stopping 66.7 percent of shots faced and has posted a 1.75 GAA.
• This marks the first time the Greyhounds and Mountain Hawks have met in men’s soccer.
• Loyola will remain on the road, heading to Boston University for a 7 p.m., contest on Saturday, Oct 26.
Cahalan Repeats As An Academic All-Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Men's Soccer Academic All-...
Thompson Voted To All-Patriot League Second Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Connor Thompson picked up his third all-conference honor Monday...
Men's Soccer Falls At Lafayette On Penalty Kick...
In the 102nd minute, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a foul in...
Season Concludes For Men's Soccer Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will conclude its 2014 season on Saturday when...
Men's Soccer Plays No. 23 Navy To A 1-1 Tie On ...
Senior Joseph Cahalan scored in the 31st minute, but it would not be enough for the Loyola...
Men's Soccer Welcomes No. 23 Navy For Senior...
The Loyola men's soccer team will welcome No. 23 Navy to Ridley Athletic Complex for Senior Day. ...
Cahalan Named To Academic All-District Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Capital One Academic All-D...
Late Goal Sends American Past Men's Soccer, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team lost a heartbreaker Wednesday afternoon at...
There are no upcoming events.