First-Place Boston University Up Next For Men's Soccer
|Opponent||Boston University Terriers|
|Date||Saturday, October 14, 2017|
|Location||Boston, Mass. | Nickerson Field|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Live Stats||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• The Greyhounds closed out conference play with a 1-0 win at High Point Wednesday night. Freshman Aldo Ruiz scored the game-winning goal in the 49th minute and classmate Chase Vosvick recorded a game-high six saves in goal.
• Loyola is looking to become the first Patriot League team to score against Boston University this year, as the Terriers have outscored their conference opponents by a 9-0 margin in four contests.
• The Greyhounds are outscoring opponents, 6-3, in the four League contests.
• Loyola was picked to win the Patriot League, while sophomores Brian Saramago and Barry Sharifi were voted the Preseason Patriot League Offensive and Midfield Player of the Year, respectively.
• Ten of Loyola’s 12 games have been decided by one goal or less this year.
Loyola Greyhounds (7-4-1, 3-1-0 Patriot League)
• Sophomore Barry Sharifi leads Loyola and ranks tied for sixth in the Patriot League with nine points this year, while his three goals top the team and ranks tied for fifth in the League.
• Junior Gabriel Carlsson and sophomore Brian Saramago are second on the team with seventh points each, while Carlsson’s seven assists rank tied for second in the Patriot League.
• Saramago was the first Patriot League player to score multiple goals in a conference game this year. His three goals and six points in conference play ranks tied for first in the League this year.
• In addition to Saramago and Sharifi, seven other Greyhounds have scored this season - Nico Brown, Sam Brown, Sam Carter, Josh Fawole, Aldo Ruiz, TJ Walker and A. Mickey Watson.
• In goal, freshman Chase Vosvick has started and played 11 full games, posting a 1.07 goals-against average and a .769 save percentage. In League games, Vosvick is ranked second in goals-against average (.746) and save percentage (.786).
Boston University Terriers (5-6-1, 4-0-0 Patriot League)
• Boston is atop the Patriot League standings after shutting out four-straight League opponents.
• The Terriers have shutout wins over American, 2-0, Lehigh, 2-0, Holy Cross, 3-0, and Lafayette, 2-0.
• Matt McDonnell leads BU with three goals and six points, while Toti Knutsson also has six points on two goals and two assists.
• Satchel Cortet and Mana Chavali are tied for third on the team with four points, one goal and two assists each, while T.J. Butzke has a team-best three assists.
• In goal, Michael Bernardi has posted four shutouts in seven starts. Bernardi leads the League with a .000 goals-against average and a 1.000 save percentage in League play. For the season, Bernardi is fourth in the Patriot League with a 1.188 GAA and a .765 save percentage.
Versus The Terriers
• The Greyhounds are 1-3-2 all-time against Boston University.
• The two squads played to a 1-1 tie in the inaugural meeting in 1987, before Boston University earned a 3-1 win in 1991 at home and Loyola claimed a 1-0 overtime victory at home in 1992.
• Renewing their rivalry as Patriot League foes in 2013, the Terriers won the inaugural league matchup, 2-0, before the two squads tied 1-1 in 2014 at Ridley Athletic Complex. The Terriers came out on top, 2-1, of the 2015 matchup, before the two teams played to a 3-3 tie last year.
Last Time Out
• Brian Saramago scored a hat trick in a 3-3 double-overtime tie with Boston University last year.
• Saramago gave Loyola an early 2-0 lead and then put the Greyhounds back on top, 3-2, in the 73rd minute. The Terriers equalized the game in the 80th minute.
• Loyola will return home for a pair of Patriot League contests, as the Greyhounds host Holy Cross on Saturday at 1 p.m., and American on Wednesday, Oct. 25 at 7 p.m.
M. Soccer | 6/18/2018
Eight Home Matches Featured On 2018 Men's Soccer Slate
M. Soccer | 6/15/2018
Vosvick Tabbed A Top-10 Goalkeeper In NCAA By TopDrawerSoccer
M. Soccer | 2/8/2018
Men's Soccer Adds Four To Program
M. Soccer | 2/16/2018
Men's Soccer Alumnus Greg Howard '10 To Speak At Loyola
M. Soccer | 02/01/2018
Soccer Student-Athletes Receive Patriot League Academic Honor Roll Recognition
M. Soccer | 01/20/2018
Greyhounds Celebrate Dedication Of Air Dome At Ridley Athletic Complex
M. Soccer | 12/21/2017
TopDrawerSoccer Ranks Five Greyhounds Among Patriot League's Top 20
M. Soccer | 12/13/2017
Watch Final Construction Of The Air Dome At Ridley's Lugano Field
M. Soccer | 12/13/2017
Carlsson Named To NCAA DI Men's Scholar All-South Region First Team
M. Soccer | 12/04/2017