Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Tonight At High Point
|Opponent||High Point Panthers|
|Date||Wednesday, October 11|
|Location||High Point, N.C. | Vert Stadium|
|Watch||Big South Network|
|Live Stats||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• The Greyhounds, 3-3-1 out-of-conference, play their final non-conference game at High Point.
• Loyola was picked to win the Patriot League, while sophomores Brian Saramago and Barry Sharifi were voted the Preseason Patriot League Offensive and Midfield Player of the Year, respectively.
• Nine of Loyola’s 11 games have been decided by one goal or less this year.
Loyola Greyhounds (6-4-1, 3-1-0 Patriot League)
• Sophomore Barry Sharifi leads Loyola and ranks tied for fifth in the Patriot League with eight points this year, while his three goals top the team and ranks tied for fifth in the League.
• Junior Gabriel Carlsson is second on the team with seventh points and second in the Patriot League with seven assists this season.
• Sophomore Brian Saramago was the first Patriot League player to score multiple goals in a conference game this year. His three conference goals in four games ranks tied for first in the League this year. He’s also fifth in the League with a 0.86 goals per game average in all games this season.
• In addition to Saramago and Sharifi, five other Greyhounds have scored this season - Nico Brown, Sam Brown, Sam Carter, Josh Fawole, TJ Walker and A. Mickey Watson.
• In goal, freshman Chase Vosvick has started and played 10 full games, posting a 1.17 goals-against average and a .739 save percentage.
High Point Panthers (4-4-3, 2-1-0 Big South)
• High Point is looking to build on its 2-1 win over Radford on Saturday.
• The Panthers have only played three games at home this year, holding a 1-1-1 record in those contests.
• Justen Shear leads the Panthers with three goals and six points, while Bana Ganidekam is second with two goals and five points.
• Keegan Meyer has started and played 10 games, logging 894 minutes. He’s given up 11 goals and stopped 33 shots for a 1.11 goals-against average and a .750 save percentage.
Versus The Panthers
• Loyola and High Point met for the first time last year, with the Panthers winning, 3-1.
• Barry Sharifi equalized the game in the 64th minute, after High Point’s goal in the 25th minute.
• The Panthers then converted a penalty kick in the 84th minute and added an insurance goal in the 89th to earn a 3-1 victory.
• Loyola will remain on the road, traveling to Boston University on Saturday for a 4 p.m. kickoff.
• The Terriers have yet to give up a goal in Patriot Leauge play this year, as they’re 3-0-0 and lead the Patriot League with a 0.00 goals-against average and a 2.25 goals scored per game average with nine scored in four outings.
Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Tonight ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will close out non-conference play tonight at...
Goals From Saramago, Fawole Put Loyola Ahead Of...
Sophomores Brian Saramago and Josh Fawole netted a pair of goals to push the Loyola University...
Game Two Of Doubleheader Features Men's Soccer ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will host Army West Point in the second game of ...
Bucknell Uses Overtime Goal To Secure 1-0 Win...
Bucknell scored on a counter attack in the 93rd minute to hand the Loyola University Maryland a 1...
Men's Soccer Heads To Bucknell Looking For...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will head to Bucknell in search of its first-eve...
Watson Earns Second Corvias Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland junior A. Mickey Watson has been named the Corvias Patriot League...
Saramago's Brace Gets Men's Soccer 2-0 Win Over...
Sophomore Brian Saramago netted a pair of goals within five minutes to lead the Loyola University...
Men's Soccer Hosts Navy, Alumni Day Saturday Night
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will host the United States Naval Academy in a...