Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Tonight At High Point
|Opponent||High Point Panthers|
|Date||Wednesday, October 11|
|Location||High Point, N.C. | Vert Stadium|
|Watch||Big South Network|
|Live Stats||Live Stats|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter | Instagram|
• The Greyhounds, 3-3-1 out-of-conference, play their final non-conference game at High Point.
• Loyola was picked to win the Patriot League, while sophomores Brian Saramago and Barry Sharifi were voted the Preseason Patriot League Offensive and Midfield Player of the Year, respectively.
• Nine of Loyola’s 11 games have been decided by one goal or less this year.
Loyola Greyhounds (6-4-1, 3-1-0 Patriot League)
• Sophomore Barry Sharifi leads Loyola and ranks tied for fifth in the Patriot League with eight points this year, while his three goals top the team and ranks tied for fifth in the League.
• Junior Gabriel Carlsson is second on the team with seventh points and second in the Patriot League with seven assists this season.
• Sophomore Brian Saramago was the first Patriot League player to score multiple goals in a conference game this year. His three conference goals in four games ranks tied for first in the League this year. He’s also fifth in the League with a 0.86 goals per game average in all games this season.
• In addition to Saramago and Sharifi, five other Greyhounds have scored this season - Nico Brown, Sam Brown, Sam Carter, Josh Fawole, TJ Walker and A. Mickey Watson.
• In goal, freshman Chase Vosvick has started and played 10 full games, posting a 1.17 goals-against average and a .739 save percentage.
High Point Panthers (4-4-3, 2-1-0 Big South)
• High Point is looking to build on its 2-1 win over Radford on Saturday.
• The Panthers have only played three games at home this year, holding a 1-1-1 record in those contests.
• Justen Shear leads the Panthers with three goals and six points, while Bana Ganidekam is second with two goals and five points.
• Keegan Meyer has started and played 10 games, logging 894 minutes. He’s given up 11 goals and stopped 33 shots for a 1.11 goals-against average and a .750 save percentage.
Versus The Panthers
• Loyola and High Point met for the first time last year, with the Panthers winning, 3-1.
• Barry Sharifi equalized the game in the 64th minute, after High Point’s goal in the 25th minute.
• The Panthers then converted a penalty kick in the 84th minute and added an insurance goal in the 89th to earn a 3-1 victory.
• Loyola will remain on the road, traveling to Boston University on Saturday for a 4 p.m. kickoff.
• The Terriers have yet to give up a goal in Patriot Leauge play this year, as they’re 3-0-0 and lead the Patriot League with a 0.00 goals-against average and a 2.25 goals scored per game average with nine scored in four outings.
M. Soccer | 6/18/2018
Eight Home Matches Featured On 2018 Men's Soccer Slate
M. Soccer | 6/15/2018
Vosvick Tabbed A Top-10 Goalkeeper In NCAA By TopDrawerSoccer
M. Soccer | 2/8/2018
Men's Soccer Adds Four To Program
M. Soccer | 2/16/2018
Men's Soccer Alumnus Greg Howard '10 To Speak At Loyola
M. Soccer | 02/01/2018
Soccer Student-Athletes Receive Patriot League Academic Honor Roll Recognition
M. Soccer | 01/20/2018
Greyhounds Celebrate Dedication Of Air Dome At Ridley Athletic Complex
M. Soccer | 12/21/2017
TopDrawerSoccer Ranks Five Greyhounds Among Patriot League's Top 20
M. Soccer | 12/13/2017
Watch Final Construction Of The Air Dome At Ridley's Lugano Field
M. Soccer | 12/13/2017
Carlsson Named To NCAA DI Men's Scholar All-South Region First Team
M. Soccer | 12/04/2017