Army Visits Ridley For Saturday Night Men's Soccer Match-Up
Oct. 11, 2013
|Opponent||Army Black Knights|
|Date||Saturday, October 12, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds suffered three-straight losses after that, but responded by earning their first-ever Patriot League point at Colgate.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
Army Black Knights
• The Black Knights enter the weekend at the top of the league standings with a 3-0-0 mark. Army is on a three-game win streak with its only loss coming to Houston Baptist, 3-2, in overtime.
• The Black Knights, ranked seventh in the Mid-Atlantic Region poll, have had 12 players tally goals so far this season, led by Ethan Spivack’s three goals. Sean Mogan shared the team lead in points with Spivack, each accounting for six, as Mogan has two goals and two assists.
• Nick Williams and Christian Ollen have both contributed two goals and one assist.
• In goal, Winston Boldt has played all 948 minutes, allowing just five goals, while stopping 46 shots. He has posted a 0.47 goals-against average and a .902 save percentage.
• This marks the first time the Greyhounds and Black Knights have met in men’s soccer.
• Loyola will spend the next two weekends on the road, heading to Lehigh and Boston University.
• The Greyhounds will face the Mountain Hawks on Saturday, Oct. 19 and the Terriers Saturday, Oct. 26. Both games are slated to begin at 7 p.m.
62 Students Named To Fall Patriot League Honor ...
Loyola University Maryland had 62 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic Honor...
Patriot League Network Features Three Green &...
Melanie Pellowski, the Patriot League Network's correspondent, highlights three Loyola University...
Men's And Women's Soccer Earn NSCAA Team...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer teams were among 861 college soccer teams...
Men's Soccer Announces First Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold its first...
Cahalan Repeats As An Academic All-Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Men's Soccer Academic All-...
Thompson Voted To All-Patriot League Second Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Connor Thompson picked up his third all-conference honor Monday...
Men's Soccer Falls At Lafayette On Penalty Kick...
In the 102nd minute, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a foul in...
Season Concludes For Men's Soccer Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will conclude its 2014 season on Saturday when...
There are no upcoming events.