Men's Soccer Heads To Bucknell For Mid-Week Tilt
Oct. 8, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 9, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pennsylvania | Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds suffered three-straight losses after that, but responded by earning their first-ever Patriot League point at Colgate, playing the Raiders to a 1-1 double-overtime tie. The Raiders have not lost a conference game at home since 2009.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
• Bucknell enters the contest with a 6-3-0 record, including a 4-0-0 mark on the road. At home though, the Bison are 2-3-0.
• In Patriot League games, Bucknell is 1-1-0, falling to Army, 2-0, before beating Lehigh, 3-0.
• Chris Thorsheim and Jesse Klug lead the squad with five goals each, while Thorsheim has added an assist for a team-best 11 points and Klug has a team-high four game-winning goals.
• In goal, Mike Lansing has played 725 minutes, allowing just six goals in eight games for a 0.74 goals-against average. He is also stopping 86 percent of shots faced.
• Loyola and Bucknell have only met one other time in men’s soccer, with the Bisons coming away with the win in Baltimore in September 2005.
• Loyola will return to Ridley Athletic Complex for one game, as the Greyhounds will host Army Saturday at 7 p.m.
Non-Conference Matchup At Pittsburgh Next For...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will travel to Pittsburgh for a Tuesday night...
UConn Too Much For Men's Soccer
Sophomore Matt Bautista netted his first career goal, but the Loyola University Maryland men̵...
Three-Game Road Swing Begins For MSOC Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team begins its three-game road swing Saturday when...
High Point Escapes With Late Win Over Men's Soccer
High Point University converted a penalty kick in the 84th minute and added an insurance goal in ...
Men's Soccer Hosts High Point In First...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team hosts High Point Saturday in the first meeting...
Men's Soccer Earns First Win, Hands George...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team used an early goal by Brian Saramago and a...
Men's Soccer Set To Host George Washington...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will host a pair of games at home this week,...
Saramago Scores But Men's Soccer Falls At Old...
Freshman Brian Saramago netted his first collegiate goal, but the Loyola University Maryland men&...
Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Oct 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 3:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Tuesday, Oct 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE St. John's Queens, N.Y. 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 22 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 7:00 PM Video