Men's Soccer Heads To Bucknell For Mid-Week Tilt
Oct. 8, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 9, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pennsylvania | Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds suffered three-straight losses after that, but responded by earning their first-ever Patriot League point at Colgate, playing the Raiders to a 1-1 double-overtime tie. The Raiders have not lost a conference game at home since 2009.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
• Bucknell enters the contest with a 6-3-0 record, including a 4-0-0 mark on the road. At home though, the Bison are 2-3-0.
• In Patriot League games, Bucknell is 1-1-0, falling to Army, 2-0, before beating Lehigh, 3-0.
• Chris Thorsheim and Jesse Klug lead the squad with five goals each, while Thorsheim has added an assist for a team-best 11 points and Klug has a team-high four game-winning goals.
• In goal, Mike Lansing has played 725 minutes, allowing just six goals in eight games for a 0.74 goals-against average. He is also stopping 86 percent of shots faced.
• Loyola and Bucknell have only met one other time in men’s soccer, with the Bisons coming away with the win in Baltimore in September 2005.
• Loyola will return to Ridley Athletic Complex for one game, as the Greyhounds will host Army Saturday at 7 p.m.
Soccer Alumni Inducted To Maryland Soccer Hall ...
The Old Timers Soccer Association of Maryland is inducting its 42nd Hall of Fame class and this...
Men's Soccer Signs First-Ever Nationally Ranked...
Head coach Steve Nichols has put together the Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports’ Patriot...
Marchiano Hired As Manager Of Baltimore Bohemians
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer assistant coach Michael Marchiano has been hired as the...
Men's Soccer Alumni Weekend, Golf Outing Set...
Loyola Men's Soccer Head Coach Steve Nichols '92 invites all alumni, friends and family back to...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Friday, Aug 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE La Salle Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Monday, Aug 29 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Loretto, Pa. 1:00 PM Friday, Sept 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Old Dominion Norfolk, Va. 7:00 PM Wednesday, Sept 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE High Point Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UConn Storrs, Conn. 7:00 PM