Men's Soccer Heads To Bucknell For Mid-Week Tilt
Oct. 8, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 9, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pennsylvania | Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds suffered three-straight losses after that, but responded by earning their first-ever Patriot League point at Colgate, playing the Raiders to a 1-1 double-overtime tie. The Raiders have not lost a conference game at home since 2009.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
• Bucknell enters the contest with a 6-3-0 record, including a 4-0-0 mark on the road. At home though, the Bison are 2-3-0.
• In Patriot League games, Bucknell is 1-1-0, falling to Army, 2-0, before beating Lehigh, 3-0.
• Chris Thorsheim and Jesse Klug lead the squad with five goals each, while Thorsheim has added an assist for a team-best 11 points and Klug has a team-high four game-winning goals.
• In goal, Mike Lansing has played 725 minutes, allowing just six goals in eight games for a 0.74 goals-against average. He is also stopping 86 percent of shots faced.
• Loyola and Bucknell have only met one other time in men’s soccer, with the Bisons coming away with the win in Baltimore in September 2005.
• Loyola will return to Ridley Athletic Complex for one game, as the Greyhounds will host Army Saturday at 7 p.m.
Rutgers Hosts Men's Soccer In Tuesday Night...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will travel to Rutgers for a Tuesday night game ...
Men's Soccer Falls At Navy In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell at Navy, 1-0, in the Patriot League...
Patriot League Opener Sends MSOC To Navy For...
The Loyola men's soccer team will face Navy in the second game of a Loyola-Navy soccer...
Men’s And Women’s Soccer Earn NSCAA...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer teams were among 859 college ...
Greyhounds Give Up First-Half Goal, Men's...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team gave up a first-half goal to George...
VIDEO FEATURE: Men's Soccer Wins Battle Of...
Video feature for Loyola men's soccer's 1-0 win over No. 11 UMBC in the Battle of Baltimore on...
Men's Soccer Travels To George Washington For...
The Loyola men's soccer team will travel to George Washington on Saturday for a 1 p.m., meeting...
Watson Named Patriot League Rookie Of The Week
Loyola University Maryland freshman A. Mickey Watson has been named the Patriot League Rookie of ...
Wednesday, Oct 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Boston, Mass. 1:00 PM Saturday, Oct 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 7:00 PM Tuesday, Oct 20 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Drexel Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Wednesday, Oct 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Lewisburg, Pa. 7:00 PM