Men's Soccer Heads To Bucknell For Mid-Week Tilt
Oct. 8, 2013
|Date||Wednesday, October 9, 2013|
|Location||Lewisburg, Pennsylvania | Emmitt Field at Holmes Stadium|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six games.
• The Greyhounds suffered three-straight losses after that, but responded by earning their first-ever Patriot League point at Colgate, playing the Raiders to a 1-1 double-overtime tie. The Raiders have not lost a conference game at home since 2009.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best eight goals and six assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
• Bucknell enters the contest with a 6-3-0 record, including a 4-0-0 mark on the road. At home though, the Bison are 2-3-0.
• In Patriot League games, Bucknell is 1-1-0, falling to Army, 2-0, before beating Lehigh, 3-0.
• Chris Thorsheim and Jesse Klug lead the squad with five goals each, while Thorsheim has added an assist for a team-best 11 points and Klug has a team-high four game-winning goals.
• In goal, Mike Lansing has played 725 minutes, allowing just six goals in eight games for a 0.74 goals-against average. He is also stopping 86 percent of shots faced.
• Loyola and Bucknell have only met one other time in men’s soccer, with the Bisons coming away with the win in Baltimore in September 2005.
• Loyola will return to Ridley Athletic Complex for one game, as the Greyhounds will host Army Saturday at 7 p.m.
Thompson Voted To All-Patriot League Second Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Connor Thompson picked up his third all-conference honor Monday...
Men's Soccer Falls At Lafayette On Penalty Kick...
In the 102nd minute, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a foul in...
Season Concludes For Men's Soccer Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will conclude its 2014 season on Saturday when...
Men's Soccer Plays No. 23 Navy To A 1-1 Tie On ...
Senior Joseph Cahalan scored in the 31st minute, but it would not be enough for the Loyola...
Men's Soccer Welcomes No. 23 Navy For Senior...
The Loyola men's soccer team will welcome No. 23 Navy to Ridley Athletic Complex for Senior Day. ...
Cahalan Named To Academic All-District Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Capital One Academic All-D...
Late Goal Sends American Past Men's Soccer, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team lost a heartbreaker Wednesday afternoon at...
Mid-Afternoon Match Sends Men's Soccer To...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team travels to American on Wednesday for a mid-after...
There are no upcoming events.