Loyola Begins MAAC Play In Western New York
Oct. 3, 2012
|Opponent||Niagara Purple Eagles|
|Date||Friday, October 5, 2012|
|Location||Niagara, New York | Niagara Field|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||Canisius Golden Griffins|
|Date||Sunday, October 7, 2012|
|Location||Buffalo, New York | Demke Sports Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
• Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the Greyhounds this season with six goals, including at least one in five of the last eight contests. Ndjock scored both goals in Loyola’s 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge, had the equalizer in the Greyhounds’ win vs. Quinnipiac, tacked on a goal in a 2-0 win at Towson and added an insurance goal in a 4-2 win vs. James Madison and a 2-0 win over American.
• Junior Stephen Dooley is second on the team with nine points on three goals and three assists. He has only played three full games so far this season.
• Junior Jamie Libby, sophomore Connor Thompson and freshman Dominic Marshall are the only other Greyhounds to score this year. Libby notched the game-winning goal in overtime to give Loyola a 2-1 win over the Bobcats, while Thompson converted a PK at Towson.
• For the season, Thurman Van Riper has posted a goals-against average of 1.05 and has stopped 37 shots for a .771 save percentage.
• The Greyhounds have continually moved up the NSCAA/Continental Tire North Atlantic Region rankings.
• Beginning the season tied with Central Connecticut State and New Jersey Institute of Technology for 10th place, Loyola improved to sixth place in the second week rankings and then jumped to fourth in the third week.
• The Greyhounds remain ranked fourth in the most recent poll behind Niagara, Canisius and Monmouth, respectively.
• The Greyhounds are 21-2-0 all-time in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference openers, dropping a 2-1 decision to Fairfield last year.
• Loyola had won its last 12 MAAC openers prior to that, with its other loss coming in 1998, a 1-0 decision at Fairfield.
• Under head coach Mark Mettrick, Loyola is 11-1 in MAAC openers.
Niagara Puprle Eagles
• Niagara brings an eight-game unbeaten streak into its game versus Loyola, boasting a 6-0-3 mark so far this season, including a 2-0-0 record at home.
• The Purple Eagles are out-scoring their oppontents, 18-8, and are led by Callum Willmott’s team-high five goals and 11 points.
• Brian Da Cruz leads the team with four assists and is second with 10 points.
• In total, 14 Purple Eagles have contributed at least one point, with 10 scoring a goal.
• Brett Petricek has played all eight games, giving up eight goals (0.83 GAA), while stopping 54 shots for an .871 save percentage.
Series vs. The Eagles
• Loyola enjoys a 21-2-1 advantage over Niagara in the all-time series.
• The Greyhounds and Purple Eagles tied, 1-1, last season at Ridley Athletic Complex.
• Niagara’s two wins came in 2006 (1-0) and 1998 (2-1).
Canisius Golden Griffs
• The Golden Griffins bring an impressive 7-1-2 record into the weekend, including a 4-0-1 mark at the Demske Sports Complex.
• Gavin Falconer has contributed a team-best 17 points and seven goals.
• In goal, Kareem Gray has played all 10 games. He has posted a 1.37 goals-against average, giving up 14 goals, but has stopped 38 shots for a .731 save percentage.
Series vs. The Griffs
• Loyola holds a commanding lead over Canisius, 22-1-0, in the all-time series.
• Loyola’s only loss came in a 1-0 affair on October 6, 1996.
• The Greyhounds earned a 2-0 win over the Golden Griffs last season in Baltimore to extend their win streak to 14-straight matches.
• Loyola will return home next weekend to host Marist (Fri., 7 p.m.) and Siena (Sun., 1 p.m.).
Cahalan Repeats As An Academic All-Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Men's Soccer Academic All-...
Thompson Voted To All-Patriot League Second Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Connor Thompson picked up his third all-conference honor Monday...
Men's Soccer Falls At Lafayette On Penalty Kick...
In the 102nd minute, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a foul in...
Season Concludes For Men's Soccer Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will conclude its 2014 season on Saturday when...
Men's Soccer Plays No. 23 Navy To A 1-1 Tie On ...
Senior Joseph Cahalan scored in the 31st minute, but it would not be enough for the Loyola...
Men's Soccer Welcomes No. 23 Navy For Senior...
The Loyola men's soccer team will welcome No. 23 Navy to Ridley Athletic Complex for Senior Day. ...
Cahalan Named To Academic All-District Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Capital One Academic All-D...
Late Goal Sends American Past Men's Soccer, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team lost a heartbreaker Wednesday afternoon at...
There are no upcoming events.