Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Wednesday At JMU
Oct. 1, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Harrisonburg, Virginia | University Park|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six contests. Since then, the Greyhounds have suffered back-to-back losses.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best seven goals and five assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
James Madison Dukes
• The Dukes are coming off three-straight overtime contests, including a 1-0 double-overtime loss to Furman on Friday night.
• Josh Grant leads James Madison with four goals, while seven other Dukes have notched goals.
• Adam Bastidas has a team-best two assists.
• In goal, Kyle Morton has played in six contests and has posted a 0.79 goals-against average and a .762 save percentage.
• Last year marked the first time since 1993 that James Madison and Loyola met in men’s soccer.
• Behind a career-best two goal and six point performance from Stephen Dooley, the Greyhounds won the meeting, 4-2.
• The Dukes had previously beaten top-ranked and 2011 NCAA Champion North Carolina, 1-0, at home earlier in the season.
• Loyola will continue its three-game homestand on Saturday, Oct. 5, when it heads to Colgate for its second-ever Patriot League contest. Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
Patriot League Network Features Three Green &...
Melanie Pellowski, the Patriot League Network's correspondent, highlights three Loyola University...
Men's And Women's Soccer Earn NSCAA Team...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer teams were among 861 college soccer teams...
Men's Soccer Announces First Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold its first...
Cahalan Repeats As An Academic All-Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Men's Soccer Academic All-...
Thompson Voted To All-Patriot League Second Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Connor Thompson picked up his third all-conference honor Monday...
Men's Soccer Falls At Lafayette On Penalty Kick...
In the 102nd minute, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a foul in...
Season Concludes For Men's Soccer Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will conclude its 2014 season on Saturday when...
Men's Soccer Plays No. 23 Navy To A 1-1 Tie On ...
Senior Joseph Cahalan scored in the 31st minute, but it would not be enough for the Loyola...
Sunday, Apr 12 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Penn State Ridley Athletic Complex 2:00 PM Friday, Apr 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Howard Ridley Athletic Complex 5:00 PM Alumni Game Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM