Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Wednesday At JMU
Oct. 1, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Harrisonburg, Virginia | University Park|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six contests. Since then, the Greyhounds have suffered back-to-back losses.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best seven goals and five assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
James Madison Dukes
• The Dukes are coming off three-straight overtime contests, including a 1-0 double-overtime loss to Furman on Friday night.
• Josh Grant leads James Madison with four goals, while seven other Dukes have notched goals.
• Adam Bastidas has a team-best two assists.
• In goal, Kyle Morton has played in six contests and has posted a 0.79 goals-against average and a .762 save percentage.
• Last year marked the first time since 1993 that James Madison and Loyola met in men’s soccer.
• Behind a career-best two goal and six point performance from Stephen Dooley, the Greyhounds won the meeting, 4-2.
• The Dukes had previously beaten top-ranked and 2011 NCAA Champion North Carolina, 1-0, at home earlier in the season.
• Loyola will continue its three-game homestand on Saturday, Oct. 5, when it heads to Colgate for its second-ever Patriot League contest. Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
Sanchez To Start Play In Olympic Qualifying For...
Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer junior-to-be Matt Sanchez is slated to be the...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Sanchez To Make Debut With Puerto Rican...
Loyola University Maryland's men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez is projected to make the start ...
Men's Soccer To Hold Open Tryouts Saturday,...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will hold open tryouts for all interested and...
Men's Soccer Spring Schedule Features Four Home...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will have five contests and an alumni game this ...
62 Students Named To Fall Patriot League Honor ...
Loyola University Maryland had 62 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic Honor...
Patriot League Network Features Three Green &...
Melanie Pellowski, the Patriot League Network's correspondent, highlights three Loyola University...
Men's And Women's Soccer Earn NSCAA Team...
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's soccer teams were among 861 college soccer teams...
Monday, Aug 31 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE La Salle Philadelphia, Pa. 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Old Dominion Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Tuesday, Sept 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Duke Durham, N.C. 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 12 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Washington, D.C. 1:00 PM Saturday, Sept 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 8:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking