Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Wednesday At JMU
Oct. 1, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Harrisonburg, Virginia | University Park|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six contests. Since then, the Greyhounds have suffered back-to-back losses.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best seven goals and five assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
James Madison Dukes
• The Dukes are coming off three-straight overtime contests, including a 1-0 double-overtime loss to Furman on Friday night.
• Josh Grant leads James Madison with four goals, while seven other Dukes have notched goals.
• Adam Bastidas has a team-best two assists.
• In goal, Kyle Morton has played in six contests and has posted a 0.79 goals-against average and a .762 save percentage.
• Last year marked the first time since 1993 that James Madison and Loyola met in men’s soccer.
• Behind a career-best two goal and six point performance from Stephen Dooley, the Greyhounds won the meeting, 4-2.
• The Dukes had previously beaten top-ranked and 2011 NCAA Champion North Carolina, 1-0, at home earlier in the season.
• Loyola will continue its three-game homestand on Saturday, Oct. 5, when it heads to Colgate for its second-ever Patriot League contest. Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
Men's Soccer Falls At Navy In Patriot...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell at Navy, 1-0, in the Patriot League...
Patriot League Opener Sends MSOC To Navy For...
The Loyola men's soccer team will face Navy in the second game of a Loyola-Navy soccer...
Men’s And Women’s Soccer Earn NSCAA...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer teams were among 859 college ...
Greyhounds Give Up First-Half Goal, Men's...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team gave up a first-half goal to George...
VIDEO FEATURE: Men's Soccer Wins Battle Of...
Video feature for Loyola men's soccer's 1-0 win over No. 11 UMBC in the Battle of Baltimore on...
Men's Soccer Travels To George Washington For...
The Loyola men's soccer team will travel to George Washington on Saturday for a 1 p.m., meeting...
Watson Named Patriot League Rookie Of The Week
Loyola University Maryland freshman A. Mickey Watson has been named the Patriot League Rookie of ...
Warenicz Scores To Get Men's Soccer Upset Win...
Behind sophomore Brad Warenicz’s first career goal, the Loyola University Maryland men̵...
Wednesday, Oct 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Boston, Mass. 1:00 PM Saturday, Oct 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Bethlehem, Pa. 7:00 PM Tuesday, Oct 20 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Drexel Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 24 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Wednesday, Oct 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Bucknell Lewisburg, Pa. 7:00 PM