Oct. 1, 2013
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six contests. Since then, the Greyhounds have suffered back-to-back losses.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best seven goals and five assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
James Madison Dukes
• The Dukes are coming off three-straight overtime contests, including a 1-0 double-overtime loss to Furman on Friday night.
• Josh Grant leads James Madison with four goals, while seven other Dukes have notched goals.
• Adam Bastidas has a team-best two assists.
• In goal, Kyle Morton has played in six contests and has posted a 0.79 goals-against average and a .762 save percentage.
• Last year marked the first time since 1993 that James Madison and Loyola met in men’s soccer.
• Behind a career-best two goal and six point performance from Stephen Dooley, the Greyhounds won the meeting, 4-2.
• The Dukes had previously beaten top-ranked and 2011 NCAA Champion North Carolina, 1-0, at home earlier in the season.
• Loyola will continue its three-game homestand on Saturday, Oct. 5, when it heads to Colgate for its second-ever Patriot League contest. Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
The Last Meeting
September 22, 2012
Ridley Athletic Complex