Non-Conference Finale For Men's Soccer Wednesday At JMU
Oct. 1, 2013
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Wednesday, October 2, 2013|
|Location||Harrisonburg, Virginia | University Park|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed 16 regular-season titles and 12 MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• Loyola opened the year with its best start since 2008, going unbeaten through its first six contests. Since then, the Greyhounds have suffered back-to-back losses.
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock and senior Stephen Dooley lead the offense with a Patriot League-best seven goals and five assists, respectively. Junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals, while Dooley has two scores and senior Diego McQuestion and sophomore Dominic Marshall each have one.
• In goal, seniors Zach Kane and Thurman Van Riper, in addition to freshman Jordan Watson, have all seen time, with each earning at least one win. Van Riper has earned two shutout victories, while Watson has the other clean sheet.
James Madison Dukes
• The Dukes are coming off three-straight overtime contests, including a 1-0 double-overtime loss to Furman on Friday night.
• Josh Grant leads James Madison with four goals, while seven other Dukes have notched goals.
• Adam Bastidas has a team-best two assists.
• In goal, Kyle Morton has played in six contests and has posted a 0.79 goals-against average and a .762 save percentage.
• Last year marked the first time since 1993 that James Madison and Loyola met in men’s soccer.
• Behind a career-best two goal and six point performance from Stephen Dooley, the Greyhounds won the meeting, 4-2.
• The Dukes had previously beaten top-ranked and 2011 NCAA Champion North Carolina, 1-0, at home earlier in the season.
• Loyola will continue its three-game homestand on Saturday, Oct. 5, when it heads to Colgate for its second-ever Patriot League contest. Game time is slated for 7 p.m.
Soccer Alumni Inducted To Maryland Soccer Hall ...
The Old Timers Soccer Association of Maryland is inducting its 42nd Hall of Fame class and this...
Men's Soccer Signs First-Ever Nationally Ranked...
Head coach Steve Nichols has put together the Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer...
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports’ Patriot...
Marchiano Hired As Manager Of Baltimore Bohemians
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer assistant coach Michael Marchiano has been hired as the...
Men's Soccer Alumni Weekend, Golf Outing Set...
Loyola Men's Soccer Head Coach Steve Nichols '92 invites all alumni, friends and family back to...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Friday, Aug 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE La Salle Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Monday, Aug 29 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Saint Francis (Pa.) Loretto, Pa. 1:00 PM Friday, Sept 2 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Old Dominion Norfolk, Va. 7:00 PM Wednesday, Sept 7 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 10 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE High Point Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 17 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UConn Storrs, Conn. 7:00 PM