Sept. 23, 2012
• Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the Greyhounds this season with five goals, including at least one in four of the last six contests. Ndjock scored both goals in Loyola’s 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge, had the equalizer in the Greyhounds’ win vs. Quinnipiac, tacked on a goal in a 2-0 win at Towson and added an insurance goal in a 4-2 win vs. James Madison.
• Junior Stephen Dooley is second on the team with six points on two goals and two assists, all coming in his first full game - a 4-2 win over James Madison.
• Junior Jamie Libby, sophomore Connor Thompson and freshman Dominic Marshall are the only other Greyhounds to score this year. Libby notched the game-winning goal in overtime to give Loyola a 2-1 win over the Bobcats, while Thompson converted a PK at Towson.
• For the season, Thurman Van Riper has posted a goals-against average of 1.08 and has stopped 25 shots for a .735 save percentage.
• The Greyhounds have continually moved up the North Atlantic Region rankings.
• Beginning the season tied with Central Connecticut State and New Jersey Institute of Technology for 10th place, Loyola improved to sixth place in the second week rankings and then jumped to fourth in the most recent rankings (Sept. 11)
• This week's poll will be released on Tuesday, Sept. 25.
• American, the Patriot League runner-up a year ago, enters Tuesday’s contest with a 4-3-0 overall record.
• The Eagles are led by Alassane Kane’s four goals, while Colin Seigfreid shares the team lead with nine points on three goals and a team-best three assists.
• Eight different Eagles have scored this season, with four recording more than one.
• In goal, Billy Knutsen has started all seven games, allowing seven goals for a 1.02 goals-against average. He has also stopped 31 shots for a .814 save percentage.
Series vs. The Eagles
• In a series that dates back to 1949, Loyola holds the series advantage with a 21-13-4 record over the Eagles.
• The two teams last played in 2006, as American came out on top 2-1.
Saint Joseph’s Hawks
• The Hawks bring a 2-5 record into the week, but are coming off a 3-2 loss to No. 24 Cornell.
• Six players have scored for Saint Joseph’s this year, with Alex Critzos and Pat McGlynn each notching two scores. Jake Nelson leads the team with two assists.
• In goal, Andrew D’Ottavi has posted a 2.12 goals-against average and a .688 save percentage with 15 goals allowed and 33 shots saved.
Series vs. The Hawks
• Loyola and Saint Joseph’s first met back in 1978
• This is the first meeting between the two schools since 1986.
• Loyola has won two straight against the Hawks, including a 2-1 victory over Saint Joseph’s in 1986.
• The Greyhounds will begin Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference play next weekend with a trip to Buffalo, N.Y.
• Loyola will face Niagara on Friday at 7 p.m., with a game at Canisius scheduled Sunday at 1 p.m.