Greyhounds Travel To UMBC Wednesday, Host JMU Saturday
Sept. 18, 2012
|Date||Wednesday, September 19, 2012|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | Retriever Soccer Park|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, September 22, 2012|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• UMBC is looking to snap a two-game losing streak, as the Retrievers dropped contests to George Mason (L, 2-1) and Maryland (L, 3-1) last week.
• Pete Caringi leads the Retrievers with three goals this year, while Milo Kapor heads the attack with seven points on one goal and five assists.
• In goal, Phil Saunders is allowing 1.09 goals per game, but he has stopped 35 shots for a .833 save percentage.
Series vs. The Retrievers
• Loyola holds a 19-2-2 advantage when facing UMBC.
• In last year’s contest, the Greyhounds earned a 2-0 road win.
• Loyola is unbeaten when facing UMBC at home, holding a 12-0-1 record.
• James Madison brings an overall record of 3-2-1 into this week, but will face VCU at home on Tuesday before traveling to Baltimore for its first true away game this year.
• So far this season, the Dukes have strung together a school-record 15 game home unbeaten streak, featuring a 1-0 upset win over No. 2 and defending NCAA Champion North Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 11.
• Both of JMU’s losses this season were neutral site games, to Richmond and SIU-Edwardsville, at the Virginia Tech Tournament.
• Josh Grant leads the Dukes with three goals and six points this year, while Paul Wyatt and Tom Fouhy both have two goals and one assist. Christian McLaughlin and Bjarki Adalsteinsson each have one goal and one assist for JMU.
• In goal, Colin Newcity has two shutouts and a 0.64 goals-against average. He has stopped 13 shots and is saving 76.5 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. The Dukes
• Loyola holds a 6-1-0 advantage over James Madison, although the two programs have not met in men’s soccer since 1993.
• The Greyhounds will remain home for two games next week, with American visiting Ridley Athletic Complex on Tuesday and Saint Joseph’s on Saturday.
• Both games are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
Men's Soccer Falls At Colgate, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Colgate, 1-0, Saturday afternoon...
Men's Soccer Falls At Bucknell In Rain-Soak...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Bucknell, 5-0, in a rain-soaked...
Men's Soccer Travels To Bucknell Wednesday,...
The Loyola men's soccer team has a pair of road games this week, as the Greyhounds travel to...
There are no upcoming events.