Greyhounds Travel To UMBC Wednesday, Host JMU Saturday
Sept. 18, 2012
|Date||Wednesday, September 19, 2012|
|Location||Catonsville, Maryland | Retriever Soccer Park|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
|Opponent||James Madison Dukes|
|Date||Saturday, September 22, 2012|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
• UMBC is looking to snap a two-game losing streak, as the Retrievers dropped contests to George Mason (L, 2-1) and Maryland (L, 3-1) last week.
• Pete Caringi leads the Retrievers with three goals this year, while Milo Kapor heads the attack with seven points on one goal and five assists.
• In goal, Phil Saunders is allowing 1.09 goals per game, but he has stopped 35 shots for a .833 save percentage.
Series vs. The Retrievers
• Loyola holds a 19-2-2 advantage when facing UMBC.
• In last year’s contest, the Greyhounds earned a 2-0 road win.
• Loyola is unbeaten when facing UMBC at home, holding a 12-0-1 record.
• James Madison brings an overall record of 3-2-1 into this week, but will face VCU at home on Tuesday before traveling to Baltimore for its first true away game this year.
• So far this season, the Dukes have strung together a school-record 15 game home unbeaten streak, featuring a 1-0 upset win over No. 2 and defending NCAA Champion North Carolina on Saturday, Sept. 11.
• Both of JMU’s losses this season were neutral site games, to Richmond and SIU-Edwardsville, at the Virginia Tech Tournament.
• Josh Grant leads the Dukes with three goals and six points this year, while Paul Wyatt and Tom Fouhy both have two goals and one assist. Christian McLaughlin and Bjarki Adalsteinsson each have one goal and one assist for JMU.
• In goal, Colin Newcity has two shutouts and a 0.64 goals-against average. He has stopped 13 shots and is saving 76.5 percent of shots faced.
Series vs. The Dukes
• Loyola holds a 6-1-0 advantage over James Madison, although the two programs have not met in men’s soccer since 1993.
• The Greyhounds will remain home for two games next week, with American visiting Ridley Athletic Complex on Tuesday and Saint Joseph’s on Saturday.
• Both games are scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
Men's Soccer Falls At Bucknell In Rain-Soak...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team fell to Bucknell, 5-0, in a rain-soaked...
Men's Soccer Travels To Bucknell Wednesday,...
The Loyola men's soccer team has a pair of road games this week, as the Greyhounds travel to...
Men's Soccer Unable To Overcome First-Half Goal...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team gave up a late first-half goal and was...
Men's Soccer Welcomes Army West Point To...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will close out its schedule with four-straight...
Saling's Hat Trick Gets Men's Soccer Last-Minut...
Freshman Xander Saling scored his first career goal and finished with a hat trick to lead the...
Non-Conference Schedule Concludes For Men's...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will close out its non-conference schedule...
Penalty Kick Sends Lehigh Past Men's Soccer
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a handball in the box and the...
Road Trip Continues For Men's Soccer,...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will remain on the road for a game at Lehigh on ...
There are no upcoming events.