Four-Game Homestand Begins For Men's Soccer Vs. Campbell Saturday
Sept. 12, 2013
|Date||Saturday, September 14, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed eight regular-season titles and four MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• The Greyhounds, unbeaten so far this year and coming off three-straight wins, have posted their best record to start the season since 2008. The 2008 squad opened the year 5-0-0 and finished the regular season unbeaten, at 17-0-1.
• In addition, this year marks the eighth time in school Division I history that the Greyhounds have been unbeaten through their first four games, while it is the 22nd time in the 71-year history of the program that Loyola has not lost in its first four contests.
Loyola Greyhounds (3-0-1, 0-0-0 Patriot League)
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock leads the offense with a Patriot League-best five goals, while junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals.
• In goal, both senior Thurman Van Riper and freshman Jordan Watson have seen time, with each posting one shutout win.
• Van Riper has stopped nine shots to rank third in the Patriot League with 4.50 saves per game, while Watson has saved all three shots he has seen.
Campbell Camels (1-2-0, 0-0-0 Big South)
• Campbell is looking to rebound from a 3-2 loss at Davidson on Wednesday.
• The Camels opened their season with a 2-0 loss to NC State before falling to VMI, 3-2, at home.
• Justin Franz leads Campbell with two goals, while Ricki Gaez, Cameron Mulvey and Bryce Miller have also scored once. In addition, Gaez and Franz both have two assists.
• Campbell snapped Loyola’s three-game win streak last year, handing the Greyhounds a 2-0 loss.
Greyhounds Featured On NSCAA TV
• The NSCAA has selected the Greyhounds’ game versus UMBC on Saturday, Sept. 21 to be featured in its NSCAATV College Soccer Spotlight broadcast.
• Heading into this weekend’s play, the local rivals sport a combined 7-0-1 record, with Loyola holding a 3-0-1 record and UMBC recording an undefeated 4-0-0 mark.
• Dave Johnson, who serves as Comcast SportsNet’s television play-by-play voice for Major League Soccer’s D.C. United and the radio announcer for the NBA’s Washington Wizards, will call the acion.
• Keith Tabatznik, former head coach at Georgetown, will be the color analyst.
• Loyola will remain at Ridley Athletic Complex for four-straight games.
• The Greyhounds host Princeton (Wed., Sept. 18) and UMBC (Sat., Sept. 21), before concluding the homestand with their Patriot League opener against Holy Cross (Sat., Sept. 28).
Non-Conference Matchup At Pittsburgh Next For...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will travel to Pittsburgh for a Tuesday night...
UConn Too Much For Men's Soccer
Sophomore Matt Bautista netted his first career goal, but the Loyola University Maryland men̵...
Three-Game Road Swing Begins For MSOC Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team begins its three-game road swing Saturday when...
High Point Escapes With Late Win Over Men's Soccer
High Point University converted a penalty kick in the 84th minute and added an insurance goal in ...
Men's Soccer Hosts High Point In First...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team hosts High Point Saturday in the first meeting...
Men's Soccer Earns First Win, Hands George...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team used an early goal by Brian Saramago and a...
Men's Soccer Set To Host George Washington...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will host a pair of games at home this week,...
Saramago Scores But Men's Soccer Falls At Old...
Freshman Brian Saramago netted his first collegiate goal, but the Loyola University Maryland men&...
Saturday, Oct 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Ridley Athletic Complex 12:00 PM Video Wednesday, Oct 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE American Washington, D.C. 3:00 PM Live Stats Saturday, Oct 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Boston University Ridley Athletic Complex 1:00 PM Video Tuesday, Oct 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE St. John's Queens, N.Y. 7:00 PM Saturday, Oct 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Lehigh Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Oct 22 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Army West Point West Point, N.Y. 7:00 PM Video