Four-Game Homestand Begins For Men's Soccer Vs. Campbell Saturday
Sept. 12, 2013
|Date||Saturday, September 14, 2013|
|Location||Baltimore, Maryland | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Video | Audio|
|Follow Us||Facebook | Twitter|
Loyola Men’s Soccer
• Loyola is in its 71st season as a men’s soccer program, while this is the Greyhounds’ 32nd year of competition as an NCAA Division I program.
• It is also Loyola’s inaugural year as a member of the Patriot League.
• The Greyhounds were members of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference for 24 years, posting an overall record of 167-24-8 in conference games from 1989-2012. Loyola also claimed eight regular-season titles and four MAAC Tournament titles in that time.
• The Greyhounds, unbeaten so far this year and coming off three-straight wins, have posted their best record to start the season since 2008. The 2008 squad opened the year 5-0-0 and finished the regular season unbeaten, at 17-0-1.
• In addition, this year marks the eighth time in school Division I history that the Greyhounds have been unbeaten through their first four games, while it is the 22nd time in the 71-year history of the program that Loyola has not lost in its first four contests.
Loyola Greyhounds (3-0-1, 0-0-0 Patriot League)
• Sophomore Larry Ndjock leads the offense with a Patriot League-best five goals, while junior Connor Thompson is second on the team with three goals.
• In goal, both senior Thurman Van Riper and freshman Jordan Watson have seen time, with each posting one shutout win.
• Van Riper has stopped nine shots to rank third in the Patriot League with 4.50 saves per game, while Watson has saved all three shots he has seen.
Campbell Camels (1-2-0, 0-0-0 Big South)
• Campbell is looking to rebound from a 3-2 loss at Davidson on Wednesday.
• The Camels opened their season with a 2-0 loss to NC State before falling to VMI, 3-2, at home.
• Justin Franz leads Campbell with two goals, while Ricki Gaez, Cameron Mulvey and Bryce Miller have also scored once. In addition, Gaez and Franz both have two assists.
• Campbell snapped Loyola’s three-game win streak last year, handing the Greyhounds a 2-0 loss.
Greyhounds Featured On NSCAA TV
• The NSCAA has selected the Greyhounds’ game versus UMBC on Saturday, Sept. 21 to be featured in its NSCAATV College Soccer Spotlight broadcast.
• Heading into this weekend’s play, the local rivals sport a combined 7-0-1 record, with Loyola holding a 3-0-1 record and UMBC recording an undefeated 4-0-0 mark.
• Dave Johnson, who serves as Comcast SportsNet’s television play-by-play voice for Major League Soccer’s D.C. United and the radio announcer for the NBA’s Washington Wizards, will call the acion.
• Keith Tabatznik, former head coach at Georgetown, will be the color analyst.
• Loyola will remain at Ridley Athletic Complex for four-straight games.
• The Greyhounds host Princeton (Wed., Sept. 18) and UMBC (Sat., Sept. 21), before concluding the homestand with their Patriot League opener against Holy Cross (Sat., Sept. 28).
Men's Soccer Falls At Lafayette On Penalty Kick...
In the 102nd minute, the Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team was called for a foul in...
Season Concludes For Men's Soccer Saturday ...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will conclude its 2014 season on Saturday when...
Men's Soccer Plays No. 23 Navy To A 1-1 Tie On ...
Senior Joseph Cahalan scored in the 31st minute, but it would not be enough for the Loyola...
Men's Soccer Welcomes No. 23 Navy For Senior...
The Loyola men's soccer team will welcome No. 23 Navy to Ridley Athletic Complex for Senior Day. ...
Cahalan Named To Academic All-District Team
Loyola University Maryland senior Joseph Cahalan has been named to the Capital One Academic All-D...
Late Goal Sends American Past Men's Soccer, 1-0
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team lost a heartbreaker Wednesday afternoon at...
Mid-Afternoon Match Sends Men's Soccer To...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team travels to American on Wednesday for a mid-after...
Feature Story: Joey Cahalan - Destined For Success
A feature story on Loyola men's soccer captain Joseph Cahalan. Cahalan is one of four seniors...
There are no upcoming events.