Loyola Closes Out Three-Game Homestand Saturday
|Men's Game Information|
|Date||Sunday, September 8, 2012|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video | Free Audio|
• Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the Greyhounds this season with two goals. Ndjock scored both goals in Loyola’s 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge last weekend.
• Ndjock was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week for his performance in the win.
• The Berlin, Germany native, is also one of only eight MAAC players to have scored at least two goals this season, while he is also one of only three to score more than once in the same game.
• Junior goalkeeper Thurman Van Riper has also been named a MAAC Player of the Week, earning defensive player accolades after Loyola’s season-opening double-overtime scoreless draw at Saint Francis (Pa.).
• For the season, Van Riper ranks second in the MAAC with a goals-against average of 0.61. He is also tied for fourth with a .800 save percentage.
• The Bobcats enter the contest with a 2-1 record.
• Phillip Suprise netted a hat trick to lead Quinnipiac past Lafayette, 3-1, on Sunday, while William Daniels and Robbie McLarney both scored in the Bobcats’ 2-1 win at Holy Cross the Thursday before that.
• Suprise leads the team with seven points on three goals and one assist, while Daniels has two goals and one assist. McLarney is the only other Bobcat to score this season.
• In goal, Borja Angoitia has played all 270 minutes and has stopped 11 shots, while allowing just four goals.
Series vs. The Bobcats
• The Greyhounds lead the all-time series with the Bobcats, 2-1-1.
• Loyola won the first meeting in Baltimore, 5-4, in 2008, before traveling to Hamden, Conn., for a 0-0 double-overtime draw in 2009.
• The 2010 meeting featured the Greyhounds winning, 2-1, while last year’s match-up was won by the Bobcats, 1-0.
MAAC Rookie Of The Week
• Freshman Larry Ndjock was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week on September 4.
• Ndjock scored both goals in Loyola’s 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge.
Last Time Out - Cal State Northridge Matadors
• Freshman Larry Ndjock scored his first-ever collegiate goal and then tacked on a second - the game-winner - to lead Loyola past Cal State Northridge, 2-1.
• Sophomore Connor Thompson assisted Ndjock’s first goal - a header off a corner kick, while senior Kevin Curran played a free kick to Ndjock for the second score.
• The Matadors - a team receiving votes in the NSCAA/Continental Tire NCAA National Poll prior to the game - scored the first goal of the game in the 41st minute, but the Greyhounds quickly responded with a goal in the 43rd minute.
• Ndjock’s game winner came in the 67th minute.
• Junior Thurman Van Riper stopped two shots in his first win of the season.
• The Greyhounds will travel up the road to Towson to face the Tigers Tuesday at 4 p.m.
• Loyola will remain on the road and head to Campbell for a 7 p.m. match on Saturday.
71 Student-Athletes Named To Fall Patriot...
Loyola University Maryland placed 71 student-athletes on their respective sports’ Patriot...
Marchiano Hired As Manager Of Baltimore Bohemians
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer assistant coach Michael Marchiano has been hired as the...
Men's Soccer Alumni Weekend, Golf Outing Set...
Loyola Men's Soccer Head Coach Steve Nichols '92 invites all alumni, friends and family back to...
Four Greyhounds Named To MAAC 35th Anniversary ...
Four former Loyola University Maryland men’s and women’s soccer players were included...
Sanchez Named Player Of Match After Performance...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez was named the Most Valuable...
Men's Soccer To Host Second Winter ID Camp...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer program has announced that it will hold a second...
Men's Soccer Concludes Season With Loss To Holy...
The Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer team concluded its season with a 2-0 loss to...
Senior Day Saturday For Men's Soccer Vs....
The Loyola men's soccer team will conclude its season on Saturday hosting Holy Cross for Senior...
There are no upcoming events.