Loyola Closes Out Three-Game Homestand Saturday
|Men's Game Information|
|Date||Sunday, September 8, 2012|
|Location||Baltimore, Md. | Ridley Athletic Complex|
|Online Media||Live Stats | Free Video | Free Audio|
• Freshman Larry Ndjock leads the Greyhounds this season with two goals. Ndjock scored both goals in Loyola’s 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge last weekend.
• Ndjock was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week for his performance in the win.
• The Berlin, Germany native, is also one of only eight MAAC players to have scored at least two goals this season, while he is also one of only three to score more than once in the same game.
• Junior goalkeeper Thurman Van Riper has also been named a MAAC Player of the Week, earning defensive player accolades after Loyola’s season-opening double-overtime scoreless draw at Saint Francis (Pa.).
• For the season, Van Riper ranks second in the MAAC with a goals-against average of 0.61. He is also tied for fourth with a .800 save percentage.
• The Bobcats enter the contest with a 2-1 record.
• Phillip Suprise netted a hat trick to lead Quinnipiac past Lafayette, 3-1, on Sunday, while William Daniels and Robbie McLarney both scored in the Bobcats’ 2-1 win at Holy Cross the Thursday before that.
• Suprise leads the team with seven points on three goals and one assist, while Daniels has two goals and one assist. McLarney is the only other Bobcat to score this season.
• In goal, Borja Angoitia has played all 270 minutes and has stopped 11 shots, while allowing just four goals.
Series vs. The Bobcats
• The Greyhounds lead the all-time series with the Bobcats, 2-1-1.
• Loyola won the first meeting in Baltimore, 5-4, in 2008, before traveling to Hamden, Conn., for a 0-0 double-overtime draw in 2009.
• The 2010 meeting featured the Greyhounds winning, 2-1, while last year’s match-up was won by the Bobcats, 1-0.
MAAC Rookie Of The Week
• Freshman Larry Ndjock was named the MAAC Rookie of the Week on September 4.
• Ndjock scored both goals in Loyola’s 2-1 win over Cal State Northridge.
Last Time Out - Cal State Northridge Matadors
• Freshman Larry Ndjock scored his first-ever collegiate goal and then tacked on a second - the game-winner - to lead Loyola past Cal State Northridge, 2-1.
• Sophomore Connor Thompson assisted Ndjock’s first goal - a header off a corner kick, while senior Kevin Curran played a free kick to Ndjock for the second score.
• The Matadors - a team receiving votes in the NSCAA/Continental Tire NCAA National Poll prior to the game - scored the first goal of the game in the 41st minute, but the Greyhounds quickly responded with a goal in the 43rd minute.
• Ndjock’s game winner came in the 67th minute.
• Junior Thurman Van Riper stopped two shots in his first win of the season.
• The Greyhounds will travel up the road to Towson to face the Tigers Tuesday at 4 p.m.
• Loyola will remain on the road and head to Campbell for a 7 p.m. match on Saturday.
Twelve Newcomers Join Men's Soccer Program As...
Loyola University Maryland head men’s soccer coach Steve Nichols announced that 12...
Men's Soccer Unveils 8-Game Home Slate, 2015...
Loyola University Maryland will host eight men’s soccergames at Ridley Athletic as part of ...
Sanchez To Start Play In Olympic Qualifying For...
Loyola University Maryland men’s soccer junior-to-be Matt Sanchez is slated to be the...
Eight Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Eight Loyola University Maryland athletic teams were recognized Wednesday by the NCAA for being...
Sanchez To Make Debut With Puerto Rican...
Loyola University Maryland's men's soccer goalkeeper Matt Sanchez is projected to make the start ...
Men's Soccer To Hold Open Tryouts Saturday,...
Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will hold open tryouts for all interested and...
Men's Soccer Spring Schedule Features Four Home...
The Loyola University Maryland men's soccer team will have five contests and an alumni game this ...
62 Students Named To Fall Patriot League Honor ...
Loyola University Maryland had 62 student-athletes named to the Patriot League Academic Honor...
Saturday, Sept 5 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Old Dominion Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Tuesday, Sept 8 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Duke Durham, N.C. 7:00 PM Saturday, Sept 12 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE UMBC Ridley Athletic Complex 7:00 PM Video Saturday, Sept 19 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE George Washington Washington, D.C. 1:00 PM Saturday, Sept 26 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Navy Annapolis, Md. 8:00 PM Naval Academy Access & Parking
Tuesday, Sept 29 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Rutgers Piscataway, N.J. 7:00 PM