May 15, 2010
Final Stats |
Postgame Notes vs. Cornell – 5/15/10 – NCAA First Round
- John Schiavone won 12-of-15 faceoffs (.800) in the second half and overtime periods.
- Schiavone finished with a game-high seven ground balls, improving his team-leading total to 90 for the season.
- Schiavone’s 90 ground balls are good for sixth-most in Loyola single-season history.
- Cooper MacDonnell’s assist on Stephen Murray’s game-tying goal with seven seconds to play in regulation extended his points scored streak to 29. He scored in every game in which he played since April 19, 2008.
- Loyola lost for just the second time this season when picking up more ground balls than its opponent (first, Johns Hopkins, 5/8/10).
- The three overtimes were the most played by Loyola in its 27 previous NCAA Championships games (including two Division II contests).
- Freshmen Josh Hawkins and Davis Butts each had their first career multi-goal games.