"Big Bill" as he was known, became Athletic Director in 1934. He twice earned All-State honors for basketball. He was a member of the Varsity Tennis Team. William coached the basketball, baseball, and tennis teams. He built a foundation which Loyola still maintains. After 1937, Bill worked for Bethlehem Steel for four (4) years. He then took a Group Manager position with the IRS which he held for 35 years until his retirement. "Bill and his left hand are as famous as the greatest of southpaws."