Tennis Teams Sweep Rider
April 21, 2014
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. - The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's tennis teams did not lose a set on Monday as both the Greyhounds teams swept Rider University, 7-0, in non-conference action.
Harrison Kunkel and Connor Lisco led off the men's doubles play with an 8-2 win over Rolie Malfitano and Chanton Phan at No. 1 doubles, and the teams of Greg Olesnycky and Jordan Kuchta and Connor Pietrak and Alex Castro served up 8-1 victories at No. 2 and 3, giving the Greyhounds the doubles point.
Pietrak was a 6-1, 6-1 winner over Malfitano at No. 1 singles, and Kunkel downed Phan, 6-1, 6-2 at No. 2. Lisco defeated Nick Lubold, 6-0, 6-1 at No. 3, and Olesbycky shutout Adam Levi, 6-0, 6-0 in the fourth flight. Kuchta was a 6-1, 6-0 winner at No. 5, and Castro bested Matthew Begley, 6-4, 6-1 in the final singles flight.
On the women's side, Haleigh Morgus and Emily Hughes swept Michelle Caravaglio and Alexandria Exeit, 8-0, at No. 2 doubles, and Tiffany Ash and Alexandra Billips beat Leonora Paul and Kim Leder, 8-1, at No 3. Megan Hahn and Olivia Ott teamed for an 8-1 victory at No. 1 over Alison Noll and Kerrin Toner.
Noll was the only Rider player to stretch a match to three sets, but Hahn got the win, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 at No. 1 singles. Morgus rolled to a 6-2, 6-1 No. 2 win, and Ania Krawiec swept Toner, 6-0, 6-0 at No. 3.
Ott lost just one point and defeated Exteit, 6-1, 6-0 at No. 4, and Hughes swept Paul, 6-0, 6-0 at No. 5. Ash was then a 6-1, 6-2 winner over Leder.
Loyola Men 7, Rider 0
1. Kunkel/Lisco (LOY) d. Malfitano/Lubold (RID), 8-2
2. Olesnycky/Kuchta (LOY) d. Phan/Levi (RID), 8-1
3. Pietrak/Castro (LOY) d. Sweeney/Begley (RID), 8-1
1. Connor Pietrak (LOY) d. Rollie Malfitano (RID), 6-1, 6-1
2. Harrison Kunkel (LOY) d. Chanton Phan (RID), 6-1, 6-2
3. Connor Lisco (LOY) d. Nick Lubold (RID), 6-0, 6-1
4. Greg Olesnycky (LOY) d. Adam Levi (RID), 6-0, 6-0
5. Jordan Kuchta (LOY) d. Sean Sweeney (RID), 6-1, 6-0
6. Alex Castro (LOY) d. Matthew Begley (RID), 6-4, 6-1
Loyola Women 7, Rider 0
1. Hahn/Ott (LOY) d. Noll/Toner (RID), 8-1
2. Morgus/Hughes (LOY) d. Caravaglio/Extejt (RID), 8-0
3. Ash/Alexandra Billups (LOY) d. Paul/Leder (RID), 8-1
1. Megan Hahn (LOY) d. Alison Noll (RID), 6-2, 3-6, 6-4
2. Haleigh Morgus (LOY) d. Michelle Caravaglio (RID), 6-2, 6-1
3. Ania Krawiec (LOY) d. Kerrin Toner (RID), 6-0, 6-0
4. Olivia Ott (LOY) d. Alexandria Extejt (RID), 6-1, 6-0
5. Emily Hughes (LOY) d. Leonora Paul (RID), 6-0, 6-0
6. Tiffany Ash (LOY) d. Kim Leder (RID), 6-1, 6-2
Greyhounds Claim Three Singles, One Doubles...
John Ferruzzi, Blest Jones and Nicole Eberle all won singles titles, and Ania Krawiec and Amanda ...
Women's Tennis Fares Well At Saint Joe's...
Emily Hughes reached the No. 2 singles flight semifinals and two doubles teams earned spots in...
$3.2 Million Gift To Fund Tennis Center In...
Loyola University Maryland has received a $3.2 million anonymous gift to fund a new tennis...
Tennis Finishes Play At Navy, Saint Joseph's
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's tennis teams wrapped up competition Sunday at a ...
Tennis Wraps Up Weekend At Towson, Villanova...
The Loyola University Maryland men's tennis team competed last weekend at the Villanova...
Bejian, Shanbrom Advance To Doubles Flight Final
Matthew Bejian and Max Shanbrom advanced to the Flight "B" Doubles Final of the Bucknell...
Loyola Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 136 student-athletes on the Patriot League Winter and Spring...
Women's Tennis: 2013-2014 Season Review
The Loyola University Maryland women's tennis team completed its 29th-straight winning season in ...
Saturday, Feb 28 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE North Carolina A&T Greensboro, N.C. 9:00 AM Sunday, Mar 1 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Shaw Raleigh, N.C. 10:00 AM Wednesday, Mar 11 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Shepherd - Men Butler Courts 2:30 PM Saturday, Mar 14 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE La Salle Butler Courts 11:00 AM Sunday, Mar 15 EVENT LOCATION TIME COVERAGE Hofstra Butler Courts 11:00 AM Coppin State Butler Courts 4:00 PM