Navy Defeats Women's Tennis, 4-0, In Patriot League Quarterfinals
April 18, 2014
LEWISBURG, Pa. - The U.S. Naval Academy won the doubles' point and then took three singles matches in straight sets to defeat the sixth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's tennis team, 4-0, in the Patriot League Quarterfinals Friday afternoon at Bucknell University.
The third-seeded Midshipmen went up 1-0 in the match after Mikaela Carlson and Noelle Kaufmann edged Megan Hahn and Olivia Ott, 8-7 (7-5), at No. 1 doubles. Earlier, Erin Snook and Katie Porter beat Katelyn Hissong and Ania Krawiec, 8-1, in the No. 2 match.
Porter opened singles action with a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Tiffany Ash at No. 6, and Gabby Winter picked up a 6-4, 6-4 No. 4 singles win over Ott, and Sam Droop clinched the match with a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Krawiec at No. 3.
Megan Hahn was leading Snook, 6-3, 5-5, in the No. 1 singles match when the match was called. Haleigh Morgus took a set from Darien Sears at No. 2, winning the second set 6-1 after dropping the first, 6-0, but Sears was leading the third, 5-2, when it was also called.
Navy 4, Loyola 0
- Mikaela Carlson/Noelle Kaufmann (N) def. Megan Hahn/ Olivia Ott (L), 8-7 (7-5)
- Erin Snook/Katie Porter (N) def. Katelyn Hissong/Ania Krawiec (L), 8-1
- Darien Sears/Sam Droop (N) led Haleigh Morgus/Emily Hughes (L), 7-6, did not finish - point awarded
- Hahn (L) led Snook (N), 6-3, 5-5, did not finish - match clinched
- Sears (N) led Morgus (L), 6-0, 1-6, 5-2, did not finish - match clinched
- Droop (N) def. Krawiec (L), 7-5, 6-2
- Gabby Winter (N) def. Ott (L), 6-4, 6-4
- Carlson (N) led Hughes (L), 6-3, 3-2, did not finish - match clinched
- Porter (N) def. Tiffany Ash (L), 6-1, 6-4
Tennis Finishes Play At Navy, Saint Joseph's
The Loyola University Maryland men's and women's tennis teams wrapped up competition Sunday at a ...
Tennis Wraps Up Weekend At Towson, Villanova...
The Loyola University Maryland men's tennis team competed last weekend at the Villanova...
Bejian, Shanbrom Advance To Doubles Flight Final
Matthew Bejian and Max Shanbrom advanced to the Flight "B" Doubles Final of the Bucknell...
Loyola Student-Athletes Earn Patriot League...
Loyola University Maryland placed 136 student-athletes on the Patriot League Winter and Spring...
Women's Tennis: 2013-2014 Season Review
The Loyola University Maryland women's tennis team completed its 29th-straight winning season in ...
Men's Tennis: 2013-2014 Season Review
Loyola University Maryland men's tennis finished the season with a 10-7 dual-match record,...
Class of 2014 Student-Athletes Celebrate...
Loyola University Maryland celebrated its 162nd Commencement ceremony last Saturday, an event in ...
Seven Greyhound Teams Recognized By NCAA For...
Seven teams from Loyola University Maryland were honored this week by the NCAA for being in the...
There are no upcoming events.