Navy Defeats Women's Tennis, 4-0, In Patriot League Quarterfinals
April 18, 2014
LEWISBURG, Pa. - The U.S. Naval Academy won the doubles' point and then took three singles matches in straight sets to defeat the sixth-seeded Loyola University Maryland women's tennis team, 4-0, in the Patriot League Quarterfinals Friday afternoon at Bucknell University.
The third-seeded Midshipmen went up 1-0 in the match after Mikaela Carlson and Noelle Kaufmann edged Megan Hahn and Olivia Ott, 8-7 (7-5), at No. 1 doubles. Earlier, Erin Snook and Katie Porter beat Katelyn Hissong and Ania Krawiec, 8-1, in the No. 2 match.
Porter opened singles action with a 6-1, 6-4 victory over Tiffany Ash at No. 6, and Gabby Winter picked up a 6-4, 6-4 No. 4 singles win over Ott, and Sam Droop clinched the match with a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Krawiec at No. 3.
Megan Hahn was leading Snook, 6-3, 5-5, in the No. 1 singles match when the match was called. Haleigh Morgus took a set from Darien Sears at No. 2, winning the second set 6-1 after dropping the first, 6-0, but Sears was leading the third, 5-2, when it was also called.
Navy 4, Loyola 0
- Mikaela Carlson/Noelle Kaufmann (N) def. Megan Hahn/ Olivia Ott (L), 8-7 (7-5)
- Erin Snook/Katie Porter (N) def. Katelyn Hissong/Ania Krawiec (L), 8-1
- Darien Sears/Sam Droop (N) led Haleigh Morgus/Emily Hughes (L), 7-6, did not finish - point awarded
- Hahn (L) led Snook (N), 6-3, 5-5, did not finish - match clinched
- Sears (N) led Morgus (L), 6-0, 1-6, 5-2, did not finish - match clinched
- Droop (N) def. Krawiec (L), 7-5, 6-2
- Gabby Winter (N) def. Ott (L), 6-4, 6-4
- Carlson (N) led Hughes (L), 6-3, 3-2, did not finish - match clinched
- Porter (N) def. Tiffany Ash (L), 6-1, 6-4
From Loyola, To Space, To Mission Control, Alum...
Loyola University Maryland men’s tennis alumnus Timothy “TJ” Creamer was named ...
Hahn, Lanciano Capture Loyola Invitational Crown
Megan Hahn and Amanda Lanciano teamed to win the inaugural Loyola Women’s Tennis...
Hahn, Lanciano To Play For Loyola Invitational ...
Loyola University Maryland’s Megan Hahn and Amanda Lanciano will play a team from George...
Two Greyhound Teams Advance At Loyola Women's...
Two Loyola University Maryland women’s tennis teams won their opening matches and advanced ...
Play Wraps Up At Loyola Men's Tennis Invitational
Johns Hopkins University men’s tennis pairs took the top four spots at the first-annual...
Men's Tennis Wraps Up Day Two Of Loyola...
Connor Pietrak and Alex Castro will play for fifth place on Sunday, the final day of the Loyola...
Castro, Pietrak Advance At First Day Of Loyola ...
The team of Alex Castro and Connor Pietrak advanced to the quarterfinals of the Loyola Men's...
Jones, Shriver Finish Sixth At Villanova...
Loyola University Maryland sophomores Blest Jones and Brett Shriver finished sixth place at this ...
There are no upcoming events.