Loyola Celebrates 2017-2018 At Annual Banquet
Cono Sets School Record, Finishing 17th In 200-Yard Breaststroke
Cono Logs Loyola’s Best-Ever Individual Finish At NCAA Championships Event
Cono Starts Third-Straight NCAA Championships On Friday In Minnesota
Cono Qualifies For NCAA Championships For Third-Straight Year
Swimming & Diving vs. Mount St. Mary's
Swimming & Diving Senior Day - 2/3/17
Swimming & Diving vs. Boston College - 10/20/17
Ben Cono, Loyola's first-ever competitor at NCAA Division I Championships, swam at Georgia Tech's McAuley Aquatic Center
• Placed 2nd in the 200 breast at Patriot League Championships
• Also, placed 15th in the 200 IM at PLC, while swimming at best time (1:50.48)
• Was a part of the 200 medley relay that placed 4th at PLC
• Was a part of the 400 free relay that placed 6th at PLC
• Swam a season-best time in the 50 free (23.20) against VMI
High School: Student athlete at Smithtown High School East…Was the fastest 14-yr old in the state freshman year with the 100yd breaststroke…4th in the state junior year…Olympic trialist 1 and 2 breast meters, state records 1 and 2 breast meters… Senior year all American, all state, all county, all league, league, county, state champion and state record holder for the 100yd breaststroke… Swam for Team Suffolk who came in 6th at the national championship senior year.
Personal: Uncle James Ettari played D-1 football at the Citadel.