Advisor: David Gerrity, Associate Director of Athletics Co-Presidents: Olivia Blakeman (women's lacrosse); Molly Cichosz (volleyball) Co-Vice Presidents: Ryan Brown (men's rowing); Brendan Peel (men's golf) Directors of Service: Jenna Egan (women's swimming & diving); Molly Smith (track & field) Director of Media: G.J. Apostle (men's swimming & diving); Christina Napoli (women's swimming & diving)
Loyola University Maryland Student-Athlete Advisory Committee Governing Document Section I: Mission Statement
We, the Student Athlete Advisory Committee Members of Loyola University Maryland, are dedicated to providing a forum of communication between intercollegiate athletes and the athletic administration, to encouraging unity between and among the teams, to promoting support for the Loyola University Maryland Athletic Program throughout the campus and local community through community service and outreach, and to unselfishly consider the needs of our team and the needs of our fellow student athletes when they arise.
Section II: Membership
- Any student athlete can become a member of SAAC.
- A minimum of two representatives from each athletic team must be represented on the Committee.
- The role of a SAAC Representative is as follows:
- Promote a positive student-athlete image.
- Generate student-athlete voice within the Athletic Department.
- Actively attend and participate in SAAC meetings and events.
- Generate ideas to promote the overall student-athlete experience.
- Advocate for teammates at SAAC meetings.
Section III: President
Serve as the leaders of SAAC and the overall representative of the organization to the Athletic Department.
- Office of the President
- Both Presidents will serve for the entire academic year.
- Each President must be a representative of two different seasons.
- Primary responsibility will fall to the President that is currently within their offseason but each retains position throughout the course of the year.
- The President will be selected by the majority vote of the outgoing Presidents and the Vice President of Operations.
- In order to be considered for the office of the President, an athlete must have been a member of SAAC for a full academic year.
- The incoming Presidents must be Rising Seniors.
- Role of the President
- Act as the representative between SAAC and the Athletic Department.
- Retain communication between the various Athletic Directors and coaches in order to promote a better overall experience for the student-athletes.
- Facilitate meetings in a timely and organized fashion based on the written agenda.
- At any time, create a committee responsible for any of the following reasons but not limited to, event programming, individual service projects, or constitutional modification.
Section IV: Vice President of Operations
Serves as the direct assistant to the Office of the President as well as handling all matters of internal organization.
- Office of the Vice President of Operations
- The Vice President will serve for the entire academic year.
- The Vice President will be selected by the majority vote of the outgoing Presidents and the Vice President of Operations.
- In order to be considered for the office of Vice President, an athlete must have been a member of SAAC for a full academic year.
- Role of the Vice President of Operations
- Prepare a schedule of upcoming meetings to be distributed to the SAAC members.
- Prepare an agenda prior to each meeting based on submissions by SAAC representatives and its Directors.
- Keep minutes at each SAAC meeting.
- Facilitate any organization wide votes.
Section V: Directors
The Directors serve as representatives of the Executive Leadership and the organization as a whole in coordinating projects, media, and policy.
- Office of the Directors
- Any of the Directors will serve for the entire academic year.
- The Directors will be selected by a majority vote of the incoming Presidents and the Vice President of Operations.
- In order to be considered for the office of Director, an athlete must have been a member of SAAC for a full academic year.
- Role of the Director of Service
- Generate ideas of service projects for SAAC to sponsor throughout all of athletics.
- Establish SAAC only service projects.
- Collaborate with the Director of Media to promote SAAC sponsored events.
- Report back to the Executive Leadership and SAAC members at every meeting.
- Role of the Director of Media
- Collaborate with the Sports Information Director to update the SAAC website and other forms of media.
- Generate new ways to improve awareness of SAAC, SAAC sponsored events, and SAAC meeting updates.
- Maintain e-mail contact with SAAC and its members to inform them of upcoming meetings and events based on the direction of the Executive Leadership.
- Establish communication with the Director of Service to promote events.
- Report back from the Sports Information Director to the Executive Leadership and SAAC members.
- Role of the Director of Policy
- Serve as a nonvoting member of the Student Government Association Senate.
- Represent the members of SAAC and their teammates in non-athletic related issues.
- Report back to the Executive Leadership and SAAC members with updates on student sponsored policy changes.